Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Official Formula 1 thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22405)

ATL BRZ 11-16-2012 02:30 PM

Official Formula 1 thread

Who's watching F1 practice from Austin? I went to 4 USGP's in Indy and have been an avid F1 fan since. Sitting out on this year's USGP because I took another vacation already and Grand Prix's are expensive.

Live stream of practice

Here's a great PDF guide for this weekend's USGP at Circuit of the Americas

http://i.imgur.com/tkZX0.png

mach330 11-18-2012 12:37 PM

Can't wait to see this new circuit. Very go good seasonvthis year.

Tap'd from my G-Nex

Gixxersixxerman 11-18-2012 12:59 PM

I'll be watching it.. But not because F1.. I think it's the most boring for of auto racing out.. When you have three "over takes" in a race then I fall asleep.. But I know how going to a race can change a persons view on something.. I disposed NASCAR untill I went to a race, then another then another.. I got hooked.. I'm not as bad now lol.. But it was where I had to watch every race... Any way, I'll be watching the F1 race as I plan on being there for Moto GP and my plan is to ride my bike on the track.. So I just want to see how the track flows and stuff

Guillaume 11-18-2012 01:28 PM

I'll be watching, like every race of the season :)

jimmillion 11-18-2012 01:28 PM

the race starts in five minutes!!

and from the layout of the course I foresee another Vettel victory.. Lewis even being on front row doesnt have a good overtaking position from the start. all we can hope for is that Vettel has a bad start and lets Hamilton steal the front position.

and who wants to bet Alonso is gonna be a man on a mission this race trying to get up to 5th place to still be in contention?

Guillaume 11-18-2012 01:34 PM

Alonso is a smart guy, I think he'll be playing it cool because he has everything to lose today. I don' expect bold moves from him, but his race will be interesting to watch.

jimmillion 11-18-2012 01:37 PM

heres a link to the HD live stream for us non-Americans

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/motorspor...am-online.html

ATL BRZ 11-18-2012 04:42 PM

Good race. Congrats to Lewis. I still think his move to Mercedes is a mistake

ap5512 11-19-2012 10:11 AM

I am HUGE F1 fan. I went to the Canada GP in 2011 and plan on going to next year's Austin race. I wasn't able to make it out this year due to work travel. I am huge fan of McLaren but kinda bummed that Lewis is switching to Mercedes GP. I'm not a huge fan of Vettel so I am really hoping Alonso can clinch the title in Brazil.

Oh..and I think Raikkoken is a hilarious guy when being interviewed...just look up his vids on youtube and his mannerisms just crack me up!

ATL BRZ 11-19-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ap5512 (Post 564881)
Oh..and I think Raikkoken is a hilarious guy when being interviewed...just look up his vids on youtube and his mannerisms just crack me up!

"Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing"

:bellyroll:

jimmillion 11-19-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATL BRZ (Post 563960)
Good race. Congrats to Lewis. I still think his move to Mercedes is a mistake

I think he knows that too, but he's had internal conflicts with his pit crew for a long time now and he just needs to get away. Plus according to the reports: the 2014 changes to the rules will make the Mercedes car a real contender again.

we'll just have to wait and see.

monkie 11-19-2012 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ap5512 (Post 564881)
I am HUGE F1 fan. I went to the Canada GP in 2011 and plan on going to next year's Austin race. I wasn't able to make it out this year due to work travel. I am huge fan of McLaren but kinda bummed that Lewis is switching to Mercedes GP. I'm not a huge fan of Vettel so I am really hoping Alonso can clinch the title in Brazil.

F! fan here too :happy0180: not a big fan of Vettel as well but do not like Alonso more.

Am a big fan of Raikkoken just wish that McLaren took him instead of Perez now that would be a fun season with Raikkoken in a better car, image the races with the following

McLaren = Raikkoken
Ferrari = Alonso
Red Bull = Vettel
Mercedes = Hamilton

Was sooo pissed off as was traveling for work and missed the race in Dubai the one damn race Raikkoken one :mad0260:

Attachment 20826

wheelhaus 11-19-2012 09:02 PM

Also big F1 fan. I have the last two races on the DVR but haven't watched them yet. I was glad to hear Raikkoken won a race! He's also one of my favorite drivers.

snapspinner 11-20-2012 01:33 AM

Just finished watching the US GP in Austin. That new track is amazing. Who would have thought they would build something like that here??