Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New here? Come say hi =) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7593)

ichitaka05 06-02-2012 07:59 PM

New here? Come say hi =)

Thought, it's not fair that FR-S section has it, but BRZ section don't, so making one!

Let me welcome all the BRZ owner & going to be BRZ owner

Along w our boss's quote
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachiroku (Post 15)
Welcome to FT86club! Well, you're probably here because you're interested in this car. And that's why I'm here and put up this fansite :)

Can't wait for this car to go production. 2011 seems way too long away! But hopefully we can all pass that time together by sharing info and discussions until it's finally on the streets.

Be sure to bookmark the homepage blog. I've been a blogger for years so will be updating the blog with any new FT86 developments, info, and news.

Again, welcome and looking forward to chatting with you all.

BRZ'ed 06-03-2012 02:09 PM

Hey folks, nice to see that there is another forum like this for the BRZ! I'm buying a car this year & the BRZ caught my eye. Looking forward to learning more about this car. I'm coming from owning mostly Audi/VW cars, but never again (reliability is simply not there).

Sylvain44 06-04-2012 03:19 AM

Hi guys, I'm Sylvain, 25yo from Switzerland, and I'm reading the blog and the forum for a long time, and now I'm registered :)
My current ride is a Yamaha R6 '07, but I've got a reservation for a SWP BRZ, can't wait to get it :burnrubber:

PS: I speak french, so please excuse my english mistakes :)

brzninja 06-04-2012 08:34 AM

Hello all! Long time reader and one poster...

I am actually going to the dealer today to reserve my spot for a WRB BRZ Limited. So excited!

WRXGuy1 06-04-2012 12:11 PM

Welcome!

Symbiont 06-04-2012 01:37 PM

You can call me Symbiont, and this is my BRZ journal.

I'll be 36 in July, so I'm one of the older owners, but I love my car no less for that. I guess I'm a kid at heart, so maybe that's why I feel so at home in it. :)

At 6'7" 260lbs, I'm also one of the taller/larger drivers of the car, so feel free to read through my thread for feedback on how taller drivers handle the ride.

I plan on upgrading the I/H/E of the car, in addition to new rims and (probably) suspension.

King Tut 06-04-2012 02:01 PM

Couldn't resist joining any longer last week. The BRZ will be the latest in my line of sports cars / sports coupes. I seem to be swapping them out about once a year at this point trying to experience everything while I can. Here is the chronological order of my cars:

2004 Nissan 350Z
2004 BMW E46 M3
2009 BMW E92 M3
2009 Chrevrolet Z06
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2013 Subaru BRZ - On Order

M-17 06-04-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Tut (Post 240396)
2004 Nissan 350Z
2004 BMW E46 M3
2009 BMW E92 M3
2009 Chrevrolet Z06
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2013 Subaru BRZ - On Order

:clap:That car linup makes you my car hero. :clap:

The only three cars I'd add to that list besides the BRZ, would be a NSX, a Viper and a 67 Mustang.

DSPographer 06-05-2012 08:31 AM

After driving an accord for 8 years I am ready for something more fun and less generic. A retractable hard-top Miata could have worked but I was really thinking of a small fun coupe. A friend gave me a Road & Track with the ft-86 on the cover and I have been following the release of the twins here since. I used the Subaru website to find local dealers with the BRZ available and test-drove one yesterday. So, I will be picking up my DGM BRZ limited this afternoon.

kevinnivek8877 06-05-2012 10:29 AM

Hello, just got my WRB limited last night. Coming from an 03 Celica GTS.

Mtechnik 06-05-2012 12:22 PM

New here & to the Subaru brand. Long time auto enthusiasts, primarily BMW, owned many M cars and a few super cars. My favorite of the bunch was our 99' Miata 10AE & Dinan E60 M5. Two ends of the spectrum & equally fun to drive in their own respects. Also, road race a 99' SM with SCCA/NASA, on the other hand the BRZ is the purists drivers car for the street... We might start a spec racing series for these in the near future, who knows!

We will be picking up our new BRZ at the end of the month, it's going to be a hard/long wait though!

Zaku 06-05-2012 11:38 PM

Hello Zaku here! Most of you all know me, I'm one of the original members at this forum the first 20 I think. I was at the forefront of bringing BRZ news and Photos to everyone before the cars arrived at our shores. I have been following the BRZ development closely since the rumors of a Subaru variant in 07. Today in 2012 I'm so happy to see them in people's garages and out on the roads.

I look forward to seeing mine in the future as well.

To all owners and will be owners, Welcome! :)

Zenith 06-06-2012 06:53 AM

Hello, I'm "Zenith", currently in London, UK, on a multi-year work assignment. Will return to the US in 2013 and likely buy a BRZ; hence the username.

Have been a long-time member of miata.net (a great forum, by the way) and had planned to get a Miata when I return home, but a BRZ Premium 6MT in WR Blue Pearl now looks like my first choice.

Thanks, Hachiroku, ichitaka05, Zaku and everyone else for making this forum possible!

PRORICAN 06-06-2012 09:21 PM

Sup guys, Im the proud new owner of a BRZ limited! I'm in the US Coast Guard stationed in Cape Cod, MA but raised in Houston, Tx. Hopefully I can learn a lot here and also contribute!