Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Supercharged Forgestar Rocket Bunny Widebody Scion FR-S (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22357)

xplat 11-20-2012 02:18 AM

I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1346985597

SnapOv3st3r 11-20-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebphoto (Post 566228)
agreed.

^Fail.

:bonk:

chulooz 11-20-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r (Post 565821)
^Fail..

I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.

SnapOv3st3r 11-20-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chulooz (Post 566778)
I think everyone that has read this thread knows that you fail. You can stop trying to troll now; drift cars get slammed, amateur and pro.

So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm

kombatlion 11-20-2012 06:13 PM

Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!

RWDRIFT 11-20-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kombatlion (Post 567549)
Ok I dont care about the critics the car is perfect as it is now I want to know where do I find the canards or what ever is call the black things in the front bumper?? I am waiting for the realease of the kit from greddy but not the wide just the lips... please, thanks!!

The cannards come from password jdm

www.passwordjdm.com

nix 11-21-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 562161)
it could have anywhere between 300-500 hp and you are saying this? Then some fool says put in a turbo STI motor? Come on, the F20 has already taken to boost better than the old STI motors.

Trollers

beautiful car by the way and functional. track/drift cars do not get slammed.

It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.

Grishbok 11-21-2012 02:49 AM

just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.

SkAsphalt 11-21-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nix (Post 568174)
It was the OP talking about the sti engine. In his own thread. About his own car.

Try to dial it back guys or you will push all of the legit posters away from these forums (eg. crawford) and it will wind up kiddie ft86 chan.

Well we do not want to push people away. I stick to saying there is no need to swap in a STI motor in the car. Original poster or not.

empower-auto 11-21-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplat (Post 563258)

Using your logic this car will drift better than
http://cupcaketime.files.wordpress.c...copy.jpg?w=640

this car. yeah right.

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-conte...559_0V74_0.jpg

Actually .. the first car you posted .. drifts pretty god damn well. I know the guy :)

http://empower-auto.com/wp-content/u...-kgoat1bwu.jpg

Same car but updated

You're definitely correct though, the 2nd car is much better suited to the sort of shenanigans pictured.

zohare 11-22-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kombatlion (Post 567549)

Greddy has the kit on their site in non wide body form. Not sure if its labeled as the trust kit or non wide body rocketbunny but as far as I know they're taking orders

ill roller 11-22-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xplat (Post 566382)
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1346985597

All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r (Post 566810)
So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm

Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 568235)
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.

Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.

Grishbok 11-22-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 570429)
All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.

lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.

ill roller 11-23-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 570578)
lmao, thats true to an extend, but the main focus is still and always will be on style bro. If you think otherwise, its understandable, but its all geared for show. The better the show, the more people come, the more they get paid. Its that simple. There is no functional need whatsoever to have the extreme body modifications done, or to be so slammed your shooting sparks off the oil pan. Its for show buddy, always has been, always will be. The functional side of it is always a close second.

Nope. That is true in grassroots drifting, it's all about style, but in Formula D the competition is too great for them to do anything with the looks of the car that may make it drive in any way worse. You're right though, there is no need for extreme body modifications or to have sparks shooting off the oil pan, that's why they don't do that stuff. They slap on a generic body kit, give the car a fuckton of reverse rake, vinyl wrap the car with some really ugly scheme, add a million horsepower, and go. The key with Formula D is to make the car eye catching, not even necessarily good looking, and everything on the body needs to be easily replaceable because they constantly hit shit and they don't want the car to look messed up.

The functional side of it is by far a bigger factor... I don't think you know much about drifting.

zenki_levin 11-23-2012 02:12 PM

The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.

lukmanaryadi 11-25-2012 12:44 AM

niceeeee

SnapOv3st3r 11-25-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 570429)

Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.

ill roller 11-26-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachivic (Post 571674)
The logical solution isn't always the most fun. Yea, when your car is slammed you have to make a few compromises in the 'handling' department. But you just compensate by driving the car like a madman and having a f#ckton of FUN doing it. This is what i like about grassroots drifting. Just a bunch of people with projects they build themselves and doing what they like.

Exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r (Post 574083)
Thanks Captain obvious. Who follows drifting and think that Formula D is the only series?

In other series they are not all slammed either. That is the point. Slammed don't make it more functional or a better drift car, that's the point.

I'm not saying there's a series where all of the cars are slammed, but in formula d there's a handful of low/decent looking cars, in xdc there's a decent amount, in D1 there's a lot... Put all of the cars in all of these series' together, and they still don't even make up a fraction of all the drift cars that exist. The rest of the cars, the grassroots cars, the daily driven drift cars, the ametuer drift cars, they are made up in a large part by low cars, cars that look good, etc.

No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.

SnapOv3st3r 11-26-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 574948)
No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.

You forget your own words?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 560778)
Let's be honest, this car is never going to see a track. It's too high to be a drift car, and if it were racing then it'd need bigger/better tires... Function wouldn't be an issue even if the wheels filled up the flares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 561352)
No kid here... You don't put this much work into a drift car and then leave it at that height. In fact if it were a drift car, slamming it to the ground would be the first thing done to it. It's not like he's in Formula D and has an excuse for making his car too high.

But yet again, it's clearly not a drift car.

You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.

ebphoto 11-26-2012 11:41 AM

formula d has ALWAYS been about style.
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/ima...enger-Drif.jpg

OBVIOUSLY.

ill roller 11-26-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r (Post 575109)
You forget your own words?

You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.

I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...48018746_n.jpg

Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.

And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.

SnapOv3st3r 11-26-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ill roller (Post 575472)
I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?

Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.

And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.

What, did you not mean what you said? Perhaps you should better clarify things, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way. You talk as if your opinion is the only one that matters.

PS...who told you I didn't have a drift car...lol. Comical my friend. Love assumptions. For the record, I sold my old drift car. FR-S is going to be my new one.