Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Sacramento / San Francisco Visit (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123858)

Tcoat 12-05-2017 04:17 PM

Sacramento / San Francisco Visit

@Ultramaroon and I are planning to visit the area on January 16 or 17. We will be driving up from Reno so sort of arbitrarily picked Sacramento as sort of a central place to meet anybody that would like to get together for dinner or something.
So a couple of questions. Is there a better place to meet that is only a couple of hours or so from Reno? If Sacramento is fine does anybody recommend a good meeting spot? Is one day better than another for the majority? Is anybody even interested since it is a week night?

thatfilipinoguy 12-05-2017 06:32 PM

Exciting! I think a majority of the guys would be down in the east bay area. They also have a SF meet on tuesdays as well. Hopefully some of the guys chime in to help you decide!

Tcoat 12-05-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatfilipinoguy (Post 3012967)
Exciting! I think a majority of the guys would be down in the east bay area. They also have a SF meet on tuesdays as well. Hopefully some of the guys chime in to help you decide!

I considered just doing SF but it is a 4 hour drive and our wives would expect us back at some point that night. We can still knock the idea around a bit.

FirstWinter 12-05-2017 07:28 PM

I'm near Sacramento as well as quite a few other guys. I'd be happy to meet up with you guys and grab a bite. It's still over a month away but I should be free later in the afternoon.

BigFatFlip 12-05-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3012905)
@Ultramaroon and I are planning to visit the area on January 16 or 17. We will be driving up from Reno so sort of arbitrarily picked Sacramento as sort of a central place to meet anybody that would like to get together for dinner or something.
So a couple of questions. Is there a better place to meet that is only a couple of hours or so from Reno? If Sacramento is fine does anybody recommend a good meeting spot? Is one day better than another for the majority? Is anybody even interested since it is a week night?

I'm in Sac and might be able to join (pending wife approval of course lol). Unfortunately, majority of the NorCal folks are in the SF bay area, but there are a few of us in Sacramento, although most Sac86 folks are more active on FB than here. Perhaps El Presidente @finch1750 can organize something since he's an admin on the FB group.

I would agree though that SF would be a bit of a trek coming from Reno, so Sac is probably your best bet.

strat61caster 12-05-2017 08:19 PM

>1.5 hours for me to get there, as much to get back
:sigh:

Tcoat 12-05-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 3013007)

https://i.giphy.com/media/Vccpm1O9gV1g4/giphy.webp

TofuJoe 12-05-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 3013007)

Same. But don’t worry. We can all just crash with @BigFatFlip after we got done at the bars...

Sapphireho 12-05-2017 10:08 PM

I don't know the area because no one purposely lives in Sacramento.

I found a pizza parlor (Round table)on Norwood ave. A pizza parlor wouldn't run us off so we could hang and bs, and it is a couple blocks from hwy 80 with easy on/off each way. It is 130 miles from South San Jose and 128 miles from Harrahs in reno.

Sapphireho 12-05-2017 10:20 PM

I might just go to Reno. I have 20 weeks vacation in the books.:cheers:

finch1750 12-05-2017 10:21 PM

I can make a couple suggestions where to meet and will crosspost to Facebook (most of the Sac group only goes on there).

Jack's Urban Eats or Firewings both jump out as they are north Sac and right off 80. Plus we never get hassled there for staying out late. Though if you want to stay inside vs. the cold of a parking lot I'll think of some other options

BigFatFlip 12-05-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 3013049)
I can make a couple suggestions where to meet and will crosspost to Facebook (most of the Sac group only goes on there).

Jack's Urban Eats or Firewings both jump out as they are north Sac and right off 80. Plus we never get hassled there for staying out late. Though if you want to stay inside vs. the cold of a parking lot I'll think of some other options

What? No dutch bro bobba tea fucboi meet? :lol:

finch1750 12-05-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 3013069)
What? No dutch bro bobba tea fucboi meet? :lol:

There's a T4 by Jacks Urban Eats and and a DB up the road :lol:

Dutch isnt a bad idea to give them something for the drive back to Reno. No Tim Hortons around I'm afraid @Tcoat

Ultramaroon 12-05-2017 11:31 PM

My brother and his family are in the Bay area. Oh, and @Clipdat & @jsimon7777