Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Going from OFT to ECUTEK, little help if possible (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105882)

nickmerronesucks 05-17-2016 11:06 AM

Going from OFT to ECUTEK, little help if possible

I'm trying to go from OFT to ecutek for my SBD turbo brz. I really want to go with the delicious tuning flash and go because it seems to be the best option out there right now for me. Unless others have opinions on the visconti tunes

Any how I keep seeing different things so I am unsure of what all I need to buy to be able to purchase a tune and flash it my self.

From my under standing is the cable, dongle, and license. But i keep seeing ECUtek pro? Do I need that as well? And I see the prices all vary between 300 a piece to 375 a piece. etc etc. Just a little guidance would be great. I plan to buy everything and then sell my OFT to recoop some of the money.

jasonojordan 05-17-2016 11:20 AM

Just need cable dongle tune and ecutek license. I have the e85 module and tune from delicious. Other then some cold start idle issues at 50degs or less Ive had no issues. Delicious has offered to help with the cold start issues I have just not got them the logs they need yet.

nickmerronesucks 05-17-2016 11:23 AM

Okay thank you. Shiv has also offered to give me a revision on my tune, I haven't gotten logs to him yet because i rarely drive the car. The afrs at idle are all over the place, from my understanding they should be around 14.7 sometimes they are 16.7 or 13.xx Again not sure if that is a concern but from my understanding it should stay somewhat solid? I don't know maybe ill just send some logs to shiv and go from there. I am just frustrated at the car

DustinS 05-17-2016 11:28 AM

Ever Get your boost issues figured out?

nickmerronesucks 05-17-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustinS (Post 2654814)
Ever Get your boost issues figured out?

Yes, I guess it was the cooler weather? No idea. Got the car back from the body shop and it holds 10 psi perfectly. Still going to swap out the wastegate with the replacement they sent me anyhow.

nelsmar 05-17-2016 11:49 AM

If you are interested in their flash and go tune the best person to ask what you need is the company selling it... Not a bunch of idiots on the forum. Simply pick up the phone and call them. Zach will answer and help you along your way.

But to answer the question all you need is a cable + dongle pair (new or used) and a license. They can sell you a package. Most vendors give a slight discount when you purchase all items from them. So it is usually in your best interest to start by contacting them. And then if you have a used cable option available ask if they are okay with you purchasing that.

I am truly confused as to why so many people make posts like this asking about a companies product when you can simply call then and ask them.

Jaden 05-17-2016 12:25 PM

ummm because...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 2654837)
If you are interested in their flash and go tune the best person to ask what you need is the company selling it... Not a bunch of idiots on the forum. Simply pick up the phone and call them. Zach will answer and help you along your way.

But to answer the question all you need is a cable + dongle pair (new or used) and a license. They can sell you a package. Most vendors give a slight discount when you purchase all items from them. So it is usually in your best interest to start by contacting them. And then if you have a used cable option available ask if they are okay with you purchasing that.

I am truly confused as to why so many people make posts like this asking about a companies product when you can simply call then and ask them.

why would that confuse you? It's in a company's best interest to sell you their product not to give you the best answer...lol..

I'm not saying that delicious is not going to be fair or anything, but to wonder why someone would ask a forum of people who have probably been there and done that???? Come on that should be self evident.

Jaden

jasonojordan 05-17-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 2654837)

Reason 1: So people like you can make snarky ass comments
Reason 2: He was looking for people to compare and contrast that already have the products not a company trying to sell him one way or another.
Reason 3: Because he is part of the forum and makes posts there for according to your snarky ass comment he himself is a idiot.

nickmerronesucks 05-17-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonojordan (Post 2654896)
Reason 1: So people like you can make snarky ass comments
Reason 2: He was looking for people to compare and contrast that already have the products not a company trying to sell him one way or another.
Reason 3: Because he is part of the forum and makes posts there for according to your snarky ass comment he himself is a idiot.

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/upl...4121927684.jpg

But no seriously. If questions didn't exist, there would be much less forum activity, I don't understand why people get so upset about people asking questions, even questions that have been asked already. Its better then grave digging threads, or no one posting at all.

And @Jaden understands why i posted.

steve99 05-17-2016 07:12 PM

Just make sure you flash your original tune from oft original slot back to car and unmarry oft BEFORE you flash your ecutek tune, as once your tuned with ecutek you wont be able to connect or flash\read with oft anymore.
Unless you flash back a stock ecutek tune to car, then oft will connect again, but when you flash your stock tune back with oft you will overwrite your ecutek licience , which you will need to get renewed.

So it heaps easier to unmarry oft prior to ecutek flashing

else your oft will be no good to sell

Toyota John 05-18-2016 01:46 PM

Why not Moto East in PA? He is very good with FRS/BRZ.

turtlefeeder 05-29-2016 03:52 AM

Oh hi also thinking of turbocharging my frs but wonder what's the difference in ECUTEK package? Like one ft86speedfactory.com there are like 14 different package what's that all about? I know dongle cable and license are require but value varies? Are they pre-tuned for certain mod?

Fyi im going for Works stage 2 carb legal kit and since they are not local l have to get ECUtek (dongle-Cable-license)to have the ECU flashed with their tune but In very confuse which to buy
@WORKS