Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629)

EsoBOFH 06-13-2012 03:42 PM

-Bluetooth functionality seems to be quirky - calls & audio work great, but voice commands don't pass well with the base unit.
-door arm-rest feels like i'm crushing it when i lean on it
-fresh air seems to be blowing air warmed from the engine - forcing you to use A/C.. and it's not warm outside yet!!
-lack of storage - where to put loose coins where they aren't visible?
-cups are awkward to reach
-needs to have a seatbelt height adjustment on the pillar
-clutch engagement is way too high!
-drop in torque at 3-3.5k can be terrible at times (feels like there's a problem)
-had to cut my kids legs off so they can be comfortable in the back.

Other than that.. this car is perfect :)

Billy2224 06-13-2012 03:43 PM

The fact that the car should of looked like that instead of this.... :cry:

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/...sidebyside.jpg

mattles 06-13-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktherod (Post 256461)
1) Lack of good compartments. The one under the radio/HVAC controls is about useless, would have liked a 12V plug there.

2) No arm-rest (I know it's coming!).

3) No lock on the glovebox.

4) Loose parking brake feeling (sometimes I still have it barely engaged when I thought I fully released it).

Again, just nit-picking at this point. I love the car itself. Funny people mention the lock+horn noise, I actual like that it's not loud. I always felt like I was a richard when I would use it to make sure my car was locked (and I avoided it). Now I just have the 'beep!', love it.

Oh son of a bitch! I hadnt noticed that. Its a rarely used feature I will admit, but those few times Im going to want to use it will be terribly annoying.

eriktherod 06-13-2012 03:47 PM

Yeah, it's kind of a slap in the face that it comes with a "valet key" but he can still open your glove box! Also keeps the honest cops honest when they want to search your car! ;)

fungkaic 06-13-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy2224 (Post 256478)

agree

pyro530 06-13-2012 03:57 PM

I could care less about the fact that it doesn't come with a sunroof. How many cars do you see on the road with the 86's roof line?

My biggest annoyance, in my FR-S, is the fact that the dash, head unit, clock and passenger airbag indicator lights have no common color theme.

HunterGreene 06-13-2012 04:01 PM

I wonder if the OP would be willing to scan this thread so far and make a list of the common complaints (power loss at ~3k, hot air coming out of the vents, passenger seat sensor issues) for a quick and easy reference.

Also, I vote this thread become a sticky.

Rampage 06-13-2012 04:04 PM

I hate that is is not $3000 cheaper. The price is my excuse for not buying one. That and I do not like car payments. I still love the car though because of what it stands for.

denkigrve 06-13-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy2224 (Post 256478)

Dude, coilovers, wheels, front bumper. You're already there at that point...

Billy2224 06-13-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denkigrve (Post 256525)
Dude, coilovers, wheels, front bumper. You're already there at that point...

its the whole front bumper, the ENTIRE back end, and all the lights... huge job for aftermarket if someone were to make it. Especially the back considering it nothing the of the same :(

finch1750 06-13-2012 04:22 PM

Don't hate anything really, but there are annoyances like everything else.

1. No memory for sliding the seats back and forth to let in passengers/luggage
2. Seat belt loop that comes undone and doesn't work as much as I'd like to get the belt out of my neck
3. No sunglasses holder
4. Plasticy sunvisors and no vanity light (GF complaint, lol)

elenien 06-13-2012 04:41 PM

The only thing I really hate is the headrests, but that isn't really the car's fault. The ones in the Genesis Coupe I test drove were the same, as they are a "safety feature". *grumble*

Some dislikes:
- The cupholders are a bit hard to reach while moving, especially given how sensitive the steering is.
- The open center console... no close place to hide junk.
- I miss how my 1995 Prelude would lock the doors upon starting the engine (it started out annoying me but I got used to it).
- No seat memory.
- The hot air blowing out of the vents when it has no business being hot.
- The clutch point (to high? too hard to find? something...) *

* I should note that this is in comparison to my favorite manual transmission, my old Nissan 240sx. I do like the FR-S clutch better than my 1995 Prelude. I also don't mind the feel of the clutch. It starting out feeling waaaaay too light, but I got used to it pretty quickly.

The driver side visibility started out as a problem, but I feel like I've gotten used to it and I feel pretty confident now.

Still... a very good car :)

smbrm 06-13-2012 05:37 PM

So we should be lobbying for the arm rest to be lockable? I hadn't noticed the no lock glove box. I guess the trunk will have to suffice. Lock box in the trunk?

EsoBOFH 06-13-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrm (Post 256678)
So we should be lobbying for the arm rest to be locable? I hadn't noticed the no lock glove box. I guess the truck will have to suffice. Lock box in the trunk?

I don't think the valet key can open the trunk, and there is a lock-out button in the trunk to disable the remote trunk release on your key fob.

That said.. if the valet is in the car, what's to stop them from folding the rear seats down and grabbing your stuff?

wait a second, whats to stop them from drifting the car in the parking garage and smashing it into a cement pole..

oh good god, i'll never give this car to a valet.