Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629)

Spaceywilly 06-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRiSson (Post 256307)
My previous car had a rear wiper. Every car should have them.

It's been raining a lot here lately and no rain accumulates on the rear window. I'll take a picture this afternoon if it's still raining.

ducks 06-13-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbxgz (Post 256184)
  • The clutch catches at the top of the throw so shifting has been... a little shaky to say the least.
  • Radio goes quiet and loud when accelerating with the AC on.
  • seat belt rubs against my neck when not fed through the harness.
  • Passenger side A pillar is intrusive when turning left at intersections.
  • Navigation unit is centered not tilted towards the driver so the viewing angle is slightly awkward.
Definitely dont HATE anything about the car but these are a few minor thinks that irk me.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8040

This adjustment made my shifting much smoother and more intuitive. The catch point is lower so my leg doesn't have to "float" to get there anymore.

encity5 06-13-2012 02:33 PM

I hate that i have to worry everytime i leave the house about where to park and the probability of a scratch or dent or any sort of cosmetic damage anywhere i go with this car.

other than that, i might be frustrated that i dont have a center glove compartment to hide shit. (change, paper, random crap) now it has to fit in my glove compartment or hang around the center console looking stupid and messy.

also give me an inch or two more space in the backseat for leg room, make the seats shorter or something. I know its not a car to have people in the backseats, but itll be nice.

Tbxgz 06-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks (Post 256324)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8040

This adjustment made my shifting much smoother and more intuitive. The catch point is lower so my leg doesn't have to "float" to get there anymore.

:clap:

eriktherod 06-13-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbxgz (Post 256184)
  • Radio goes quiet and loud when accelerating with the AC on.

Definitely dont HATE anything about the car but these are a few minor thinks that irk me.

Not sure which stereo you have, but I have the BeSpoke system and I found that changing the "Speed Volume Adjustment" setting (or whatever) from 'Natural' to 'Feel' removed a lot of that.

I also had to change the fading, apparently it was set 75% to the rear.. I was wondering why it always seemed low until I had the volume about maxed out!

Tbxgz 06-13-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktherod (Post 256346)
Not sure which stereo you have, but I have the BeSpoke system and I found that changing the "Speed Volume Adjustment" setting (or whatever) from 'Natural' to 'Feel' removed a lot of that.

I also had to change the fading, apparently it was set 75% to the rear.. I was wondering why it always seemed low until I had the volume about maxed out!

Still using the stock BRZ stereo system. Not sure if there is a speed volume adjustment. I'll have to play with it some more. It felt like the stereo gained volume as I let off the accelerator. :iono:

Hawaiian 06-13-2012 02:46 PM

The only thing I hate in my FR-S is that cheap carpet below the matt. If you touch the floor behind the clutch it's loose and crinkles. That makes it seem extremely cheap.

ant08 06-13-2012 02:48 PM

I don't hate anything but here's are few things that annoy me.

- The "dead spot" when around 3k rpm
- Notchy 1st gear
- No light in the vanity mirror. The GF noticed that...
- The "fresh" air coming into the car is warmer than outside temp.

stevo_12v 06-13-2012 02:50 PM

I'm very suprised that no one has mentioned THE REALLY REALLY UGLY STOCK 17inch WHEELS. :bellyroll:

eriktherod 06-13-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbxgz (Post 256359)
Still using the stock BRZ stereo system. Not sure if there is a speed volume adjustment. I'll have to play with it some more. It felt like the stereo gained volume as I let off the accelerator. :iono:

Yeah newer radios have a setting, which of course they all name differently! My Si had "Speed Volume Control", the FR-S had similar. It tries to make your music louder to compensate for the added engine/wind noise. However, it does a rather poor job I feel and triggers a "what is going on?" stigma from me every time. The weird part is while the Si had "OFF" as a setting.. the FR-S's are all more abstract named and none seem to be a "disabled" setting... so I picked the lesser of the evils.

Either way, if I'm rocking out.. I want to rock out consistently while moving and stopped! ;)

Pscylo 06-13-2012 03:13 PM

* No center console (I know its coming, but having to pay for it...bleh)
* Pioneer head unit - :iono:
* Lack of steering wheel controls for audio
* Driver side blind spot (going to have to do something about that)
* The roughness of the gearing at slow speed in first and second (At least we know its because of the setup used, and thats its for stability on high rpm in higher gears)

I see complaints about speakers/rattles from speakers, haven't had an issue at normal volume, but I haven't tried to let the guy 14 cars behind me hear the radio yet.
I also think T tops (see 85ish Z) would be cool.

motofan 06-13-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheddar (Post 256158)
I love that when I locked my GTI it would honk the horn to lmk it's locked. the scion just beeps and I can't hear it from inside my house! lol

hi 5 GTI driver. but I actually want the horn at lower volume.

nyanpire 06-13-2012 03:30 PM

The only thing that really bothers me is that when I have the fan/AC on 1, I hear a slight rattling noise coming out of the fans from the left side.

eriktherod 06-13-2012 03:36 PM

1) Lack of good compartments. The one under the radio/HVAC controls is about useless, would have liked a 12V plug there.

2) No arm-rest (I know it's coming!).

3) No lock on the glovebox.

4) Loose parking brake feeling (sometimes I still have it barely engaged when I thought I fully released it).

Again, just nit-picking at this point. I love the car itself. Funny people mention the lock+horn noise, I actual like that it's not loud. I always felt like I was a richard when I would use it to make sure my car was locked (and I avoided it). Now I just have the 'beep!', love it.