Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629)

raphymartinez 06-16-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 262233)
You could scratch that shit with your finger nail. Don't worry, you'll get more. :bonk: It's worse then an old tent, everytime I look at mine I get memories of my mom telling me not to touch the sides of the tent when it's raining.

maybe time to take those accent pieces out and have them painted and cleared? I could do black or the same gray? I won't be happy with the interior full of scuffs like that. No way

Enemies 06-17-2012 03:15 AM

I miss my left side shoulder-check. So, I guess I hate the fact that I can't do it. :P

kgc 06-17-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 262230)
The god damn, hideously ugly, subaru silver trim in the interior of the FRS. I thought that shit was awful in my impreza, and I was really looking forward to an interior without it. Now I have to disassemble my interior to remove and either replace or paint these parts. There is zero chance of me living with this shit. If anyone wants to trade their silver parts for black, especially the buttons at the shifter, please PM me.

The placement of the dome light, it reflects off the rear view mirror right into my eyes when it's on.

What's the point of the little indent between the cup holder and the shifter? Honestly I just don't know and it bugs me. It looks like an after thought, I'm sure the manual says its for coin storage or something ridiculous, but it just seems like it was meant for something else that got deleted from the design.

I think the indent is for the seat heater buttons.

Shagaliscious 06-17-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 262230)
The god damn, hideously ugly, subaru silver trim in the interior of the FRS. I thought that shit was awful in my impreza, and I was really looking forward to an interior without it. Now I have to disassemble my interior to remove and either replace or paint these parts. There is zero chance of me living with this shit. If anyone wants to trade their silver parts for black, especially the buttons at the shifter, please PM me.

The placement of the dome light, it reflects off the rear view mirror right into my eyes when it's on.

What's the point of the little indent between the cup holder and the shifter? Honestly I just don't know and it bugs me. It looks like an after thought, I'm sure the manual says its for coin storage or something ridiculous, but it just seems like it was meant for something else that got deleted from the design.

Go to the BRZ forum. I know the BRZ premium does not come with any of the silver accents(except for the dash), they got the black accents. I'm sure someone will swap those pieces with you.

rL-gT 06-17-2012 10:26 AM

bolt pattern.

wheeladdict 06-17-2012 11:47 AM

Minor gripe; Red seat accents on a Hot Lava vehicle; serious colour mismatch. Other Scion Hot Lava rides have interior colour matched to exterior. Plain black seats would have been more appropriate.

Dadhawk 06-18-2012 08:12 AM

Stock HU Gripe

In general, I'm in the small minority that likes the stock HU in the FR-S.

Two things about it I do "hate":

You can't change volume of BT Audio (not to be confused with hands-free)

It does not scroll text (names of songs,etc)

tdoggy57 06-18-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 263983)
In general, I'm in the small minority that likes the stock HU in the FR-S.

Two things about it I do "hate":

You can't change volume of BT Audio (not to be confused with hands-free)

It does not scroll text (names of songs,etc)

I'm playing BT Audio from my Iphone and haven't had an issue changing the volume. Are you speaking as in just using the volume knob to turn the volume up or down?

Dadhawk 06-18-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdoggy57 (Post 264055)
I'm playing BT Audio from my Iphone and haven't had an issue changing the volume. Are you speaking as in just using the volume knob to turn the volume up or down?

Yes. The volumn knob on the radio does not seem to change the volume playing with BT-Audio. Works fine with BT-Hands Free and USB.

tdoggy57 06-18-2012 09:38 AM

That's weird that it works for me and not you. Maybe try syncing it again or something?

Roadstercycle 06-18-2012 12:46 PM

I know this is kinda petty but I miss having an arm rest. So I'm sure someone will do a nice, interior matching, red stitched, comfortable one that fits in the cup container hole and I'll buy one. It would be nice on long trips. Also the little up and down window thing when opening and closing the door, I know it makes the door close easier but it will wear something out prematurely.

R L Newb 06-18-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 261729)
The analog speedo is useless and should have been replaced with other gauges (is it required by law somewhere?)

Yes! I totally agree on this. If they had thrown in oil pressure and/or egt there I would have cried with glee.

I can't say I hate anything but I do notice things that are now on a list 'o mods I didn't expect:
  • Foglight color doesn’t match headlight, running lights. Looks silly muted yellow next to bright white.
  • The foam under the door armrest is paper thin. I don’t want to use it because I can just see a spot forming within a couple thousand miles from it getting eaten away.
  • I feel like I’m going to yank the e-brake with my cargo pocket if I move my right leg too quickly
  • Intake noise generator….seriously?? you must go away.
  • Where are my hood dampers? I thought Subaru finally got that memo
  • Brake/gas position doesn’t work nearly as nicely as my STi for heal-toe
  • Needs more exhaust noise
  • The inconsistent idle. An unmodded Subaru shouldn't wander at all

Dadhawk 06-18-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadstercycle (Post 264335)
I know this is kinda petty but I miss having an arm rest. So I'm sure someone will do a nice, interior matching, red stitched, comfortable one that fits in the cup container hole and I'll buy one. It would be nice on long trips. Also the little up and down window thing when opening and closing the door, I know it makes the door close easier but it will wear something out prematurely.

There's supposed to be one available from Scion around the 1st of the year (or there abouts).

empower-auto 06-18-2012 03:53 PM

Stock wheels and tires. Cheap cheap cheap...

At the dealership we sat next to a tC that had better rollers on it. Too bad.