Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   CEL returns after latest re flash (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18974)

STEVEOSTI 10-04-2012 07:10 PM

CEL returns after latest re flash

I'm interested in hearing from owners who have had the latest flash performed, and their CEL has come back on. I personally don't believe the reflash is a fix, but how many people can confirm this. Lets start a list of people who still have the CEL after work has been completed to fix the P0019 code with the latest flash. Please tell us what work was performed to hopefully help us from going down the same path.

SMOKETREES 10-04-2012 07:14 PM

Actually went to scion this morning to get my parts ordered for the crickets and talked about the reflash..... They never found anything for a update on reflashing the ECU so i dont know how people are getting these done cause Scion didnt even find anything but got my parts ordered for my new HPFP

boonFRS 10-04-2012 09:57 PM

Got the reflash today. Drove the car for about 20miles and so far so good.

feldy 10-04-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMOKETREES (Post 476972)
Actually went to scion this morning to get my parts ordered for the crickets and talked about the reflash..... They never found anything for a update on reflashing the ECU so i dont know how people are getting these done cause Scion didnt even find anything but got my parts ordered for my new HPFP

The reflash was never for the crickets. It was a small reflash for little things like turning day light running lights off. Passenger seatbelt sensor.

STEVEOSTI 10-04-2012 10:28 PM

I'm referring to the reflash that is supposed to correct the P0019 camshaft position code on 120+ confirmed problem cars. If you don't have a P0019 code this thread does not relate to you.

gdi2290 10-04-2012 10:48 PM

My car's been at the dealership for a week after the first "fix" they brought another car in with similar issues so they can flash them both tomorrow

TemeCal 10-04-2012 10:51 PM

I'm one of those that had a new ECU (811) and a reflash.

1st CEL: they replaced my ECU with the new one (811). No flash.
2nd CEL: they flashed my ECU with the latest update

My car threw a 3rd CEL when the technician was driving my car around the block, after the flash was done. So, in my case, the 811 ECU and flash didn't fix my problem. Toyota told my dealer to order a new ECU (supposedly newer than the 811 I had installed).

Mr.Jay 10-04-2012 10:51 PM

None of these have reach Canadian shores yet as I spoke with my dealership not too long ago about the flash that was coming and they had heard of it but haven't gotten anything from Scion Canada

STEVEOSTI 10-04-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TemeCal (Post 477450)
I'm one of those that had a new ECU (811) and a reflash.

1st CEL: they replaced my ECU with the new one (811). No flash.
2nd CEL: they flashed my ECU with the latest update

My car threw a 3rd CEL when the technician was driving my car around the block, after the flash was done. So, in my case, the 811 ECU and flash didn't fix my problem. Toyota told my dealer to order a new ECU (supposedly newer than the 811 I had installed).

This is exactly the info I'm looking for. Thanks for posting Temecal.

And Mr. Jay, I'm in the same boat with Subaru Canada.

Le86 10-04-2012 11:23 PM

My car had p0019 code as well. Dropped it off Monday, they reflashed it yesterday and it didn't fix the issue, as I suspected.

They ordered me a new ECU and that will supposedly fix the problem but I'm still skeptical.

boonFRS 10-05-2012 12:15 AM

How do you tell what ECU you have?

cnk 10-05-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonFRS (Post 477585)
How do you tell what ECU you have?

It's labeled on the ECU. ECU is located on the right side behind the glove box.

chutrain 10-05-2012 12:18 AM

Posted from another forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZSTI (Post 31709)
OK!!! I'm going to settle this up to the most current information I recieved today from Subaru. It is honestly on gong show on getting information on this problem from Subaru, I was told directly from my District Service Manager today that subaru is trying to keep this under table, you guys are actually not going to believe what Im about to say.
Our dealer has only had like 8 brz's come through and only one has come up with this cam CEL problem. I have actually not repaired it because parts were backordered, so I couldnt say what the exact problem is, we just recieved parts on monday but were told not to replace the cam gear and ocv until a reflash of the ecm is done. Heres where its gets complicated......
I spoke to subaru about the reprogram and only our district service manager is autorized to do the reprogram on the brz. They will not release the "pak file" to the dealers. I have not heard of this before and even he said subaru is trying to keep this under the table and I dont know why....:S So he has to fly in and do this reprogram at our dealer but we even have to have a back up ecm here because this "pak file" as they call it has the potential to "fry" the ecm. This is a first for me, I have dealt with "temporary reprogram files" before but nothing with the DSM involved or any potential to "fry" an ecm. This is the most current information I have, it's confusing I know, but Ill try to keep you guys in the loop. Reprogram is scheduled for next wednesday and I will get to talk to our DSM face to face and hopefully get some information relating to this problem. :)

Rob_g 10-05-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jay (Post 477451)
None of these have reach Canadian shores yet as I spoke with my dealership not too long ago about the flash that was coming and they had heard of it but haven't gotten anything from Scion Canada

Scion called me today and said the ECU is now available, but it seems the parts are limited. They are fixing certain vehicles ahead of others, they say mine is near the top of the list. I'm just tired of dealing with this.

The dealership does not seem to want to tell me what the codes were. Also with the service department I can tell they don't like dealing with me and this car already.

Rob