Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   CARB Approved Master List thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44864)

Kostamojen 08-21-2013 03:42 AM

CARB Approved Master List thread

I'm starting this thread for future use...

I've noticed there isn't really any sort of coordinated thread about what is and is not CARB legal for us folks here in CA. The twins seems to be popular enough to actually getting some major manufacturers to actually have quite a few products going for CARB approval already, possibly even FI kits.

Anyway, if you know of anything that is actually CARB approved, post it here for reference.

Intakes, Exhausts, FI kits, whatever.

RallySport Direct 08-21-2013 11:23 AM

Great Idea! I will have to dig around to find more but the one I know off the top of my head is the AEM intake. :)

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/cata...408ds_7_lg.jpg

CARB Number: D-670-11

Thanks!
Rick

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 08-21-2013 11:54 AM

If only there were CARB legal headers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chee-Hu 08-21-2013 12:04 PM

Great idea, indeed! Subscribed.

illmatic 08-21-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Asphalt_FRS (Post 1156482)

With a lot of social crowd funding(kickstarter, indegogo, etc.) and associated costs for tests, it would be interesting to see if a smaller company would be willing to come up with a solution if the community will fund it.

Kostamojen 08-21-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct (Post 1156388)
Great Idea! I will have to dig around to find more but the one I know off the top of my head is the AEM intake. :)

CARB Number: D-670-11

Thanks!
Rick

Supposedly the TRD intake is CARB approved as well, but only for the FRS?

I was trying to research this more last night.

I think the Vortech kit is "in the process" of CARB certification too.

Kostamojen 08-21-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Asphalt_FRS (Post 1156482)

First Gen borla headers for the 2.5RS were CARB approved, but those headers didn't have built in cats...

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 08-21-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostamojen (Post 1157040)
First Gen borla headers for the 2.5RS were CARB approved, but those headers didn't have built in cats...

That's the problem, no header will be CARB approved because it replaces a factory cat.

RallySport Direct 08-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kostamojen (Post 1157036)
Supposedly the TRD intake is CARB approved as well, but only for the FRS?

I was trying to research this more last night.

I think the Vortech kit is "in the process" of CARB certification too.

Yeah Vortech is in the process of getting their Supercharger kit CARB approved. Keeping my fingers crossed :) It's weird, even though we do not have strict testing/visuals like California does, I like the idea of having "legal" mods, perhaps I am getting old haha :)

Not too sure on the TRD intake, but it would not surprise me if they only had it CARB certified for the toyota/scion lineup. :lol:

Thanks,
Rick

Kostamojen 08-22-2013 01:37 AM

Also note, intake ducts/snorkels will be a good mod for CA legality... Completely invisible and doesn't change any actual engine bay parts or filters and such.

Oh, drop in filters of course are legal!

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 08-22-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct (Post 1157182)
Yeah Vortech is in the process of getting their Supercharger kit CARB approved. Keeping my fingers crossed :) It's weird, even though we do not have strict testing/visuals like California does, I like the idea of having "legal" mods, perhaps I am getting old haha :)

Not too sure on the TRD intake, but it would not surprise me if they only had it CARB certified for the toyota/scion lineup. :lol:

Thanks,
Rick

TRD intake is : D-425-46

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...o/D-425-46.pdf

Kostamojen 08-22-2013 02:22 AM

Uggg.... I hope there are some SPT parts soon for the BRZ, I'm kind of upset I cant get the TRD for the BRZ XD

Team STILLEN 10-07-2013 07:03 PM

Out of curiosity, what parts would you like to see made that are CARB certified? Intake Manifold, CAI's (From what I have seen TRD is the only one so far), superchargers, etc?

Headers might be possible if they were made as weld on replacements for the pre-cat section but even then I don't know if that could qualify.

CARB Legal Turbo kit would not be possible without an exorbitant price tag.

Kostamojen 10-07-2013 09:09 PM

CARB approved exhaust bits would be nice. Headers, front pipe, etc.

Maybe an intake/exhaust/tune combo kit? Don't know.

Once upon a time Borla headers for the 2.5RS were carb approved.