Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Crawford Power Blocks + GS Intake (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117445)

Imranman 04-11-2017 11:53 AM

Crawford Power Blocks + GS Intake

Anybody running the Crawford power blocks plus Grimmspeed intake? The Grimmspeed intake is the only one that I've heard makes real gains and I'm curious to see if it works well with the blocks or there is no point? (I have OFT btw)

CypriniousM 04-11-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imranman (Post 2889393)
Anybody running the Crawford power blocks plus Grimmspeed intake? The Grimmspeed intake is the only one that I've heard makes real gains and I'm curious to see if it works well with the blocks or there is no point? (I have OFT btw)

I just want to know if the Crawford power blocks really make the gains that they say they do. Seems crazy for 2 hunks of metal to give the car gains like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imranman 04-11-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CypriniousM (Post 2889429)
I just want to know if the Crawford power blocks really make the gains that they say they do. Seems crazy for 2 hunks of metal to give the car gains like that.

I can't give you the best review, because I put UEL headers on the day before I put on the blocks, but with both I can say that the car feels great, it doesn't feel asthmatic anymore.

CypriniousM 04-11-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imranman (Post 2889502)
I can't give you the best review, because I put UEL headers on the day before I put on the blocks, but with both I can say that the car feels great, it doesn't feel asthmatic anymore.

I'll take it as an endorsement. I'm planning on getting UEL headers and putting the Perrin CAI on at the same time as picking up a power block so I'm hoping someone answers you so it can relate to me.

KnightRyderx2 04-11-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CypriniousM (Post 2889429)

The blocks change the length of the intake manifold thus effecting its VE. It does make a little power but its mostly moving the power band to a lower rpm. So lets say you were making peak of 180hp at 7000 rpm, with the blocks you would be making 180hp at 6400 rpm or so. This happens across most of the power band, a shift of the same power but at lower RPMs. So the power is in a more usable area. One kind of compromise is you will fall of the power band sooner but, with a tune that can be fixed.

There is a few good dyno charts of it on here.