Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Chinese speed/auto lock module blinking hazard issue (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138306)

Mr.ac 12-29-2019 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 3286504)
This seems like a waste of the obd2 port. I'm surprised this can't be done with software or some rom edits, or a splice that doesn't require being constantly plugged into that port...

I don't know, but maybe it's just me but why would you pay any amount of money to do the same thing your left hand can reach in less than half a second. :iono:

FRSBRZGT86FAN 12-29-2019 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3286541)
I don't know, but maybe it's just me but why would you pay any amount of money to do the same thing your left hand can reach in less than half a second. :iono:

I will say though on my CX-5 the auto locking when placing the car in drive is kind of useful, it's just natural and automated

gpvecchi 12-29-2019 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchris (Post 3286398)
Oohh. I've seen their website. Wouldn't it not matter for M/T that you have to use the handbrake? I mean like uuuuusually you'd pull it before turning off the car right? Too bad it doesn't work for my pleb key turning A/T ): also if it was still available too expensive for me T.T

This got me thinking.. what if I got an adapter, cut the 12v wire from the device side and then just wire the device side to ignition switch. Can't flash my hazards if it doesn't have power lol. Ultimately tho still hate the blinks.

Nope, I don't pull handbrake before parking, car doesn't move when first gear is engaged and engine is off.

soundman98 12-29-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpvecchi (Post 3286567)
Nope, I don't pull handbrake before parking, car doesn't move when first gear is engaged and engine is off.

i used to say that.

and then my work truck randomly decided to roll back 30 minutes after i parked it into a custom semi truck parked on the other side of the road. it caused $6,000 in damage to his custom chrome.

a parking brake is way cheaper.

Mr.ac 12-30-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 3286549)
I will say though on my CX-5 the auto locking when placing the car in drive is kind of useful, it's just natural and automated

I get it if you haul little kamakze kids in the back seat, or any 4 seater. But for a two seater? Major derp-ness.

Besides I always like full control of my door when I ride as a passenger. You never know when you need to stab a mofo and tuck and roll.

aznchris 12-30-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3286856)
I get it if you haul little kamakze kids in the back seat, or any 4 seater. But for a two seater? Major derp-ness.

Besides I always like full control of my door when I ride as a passenger. You never know when you need to stab a mofo and tuck and roll.

Lol. I have the same feeling as a passenger. Sometimes you just can't trust your parents driving you. Jkjk.

But for me it's a convenience thing. Ever since I had a bad encounter with a random guy yelling at me in a bad neighborhood, I've been locking my doors every day. To have it auto lock is suck a nice feature. 1 less thing to worry about.

Stang70Fastback 12-30-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchris (Post 3286358)
The trac box from seriesblueadventures is like 140 and comes with a bunch of extra things that I don't need.

Just to clarify, I have a link to the Trac-Box on my page, but it's not my product :)

aznchris 12-31-2019 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback (Post 3286901)
Just to clarify, I have a link to the Trac-Box on my page, but it's not my product :)

My bad. It's just I was thinking of buying the switches one day, so I'm like, I gotta remember the site. And I just remember reading how you said it'd go great with the Trac Box. I find your site easier to remember than geraldjustprojects too.

Sorry Gerald ):

Edit:
Good news. I don't know why I didn't do this before, but I contacted Gerald and he's making me a bare bones Trac-Box with only the speed lock/unlock feature and nothing else for an agreed upon price. Thanks Gerald T.T