Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Recall # WQC39 - ECM Reprogramming for Coolant Thermostat (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23502)

Marrk 02-25-2013 05:07 PM

^^Reduced performance can't be the intended fix, can it? (Serious question.)

so26 02-25-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brz7400 (Post 756631)
So did throttle response improve since then?
I just got this reflash on Saturday and immediately noticed the throttle tip in is much slower (requires more input at the beginning).
Parked the car and drove to work this morning (only 3 mile commute), so probably have less than 25 miles on the car since reflash.

Sort of feels like those Mercedes Benz throttle, requiring lot of throttle tip in to get it to start moving, except now it's throwing off my manual transmission timing. Have not stalled it, but got close to it from not giving enough pedal tip in compared to before.

Hope it goes away or my right foot adjusts to it.:lol:

Don't sweat it ... all will return to normal. Take it out for a longer drive with some highway driving and response will return faster.

davesrave 02-25-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brz7400 (Post 756631)
So did throttle response improve since then?
I just got this reflash on Saturday and immediately noticed the throttle tip in is much slower (requires more input at the beginning).
Parked the car and drove to work this morning (only 3 mile commute), so probably have less than 25 miles on the car since reflash.

Sort of feels like those Mercedes Benz throttle, requiring lot of throttle tip in to get it to start moving, except now it's throwing off my manual transmission timing. Have not stalled it, but got close to it from not giving enough pedal tip in compared to before.

Hope it goes away or my right foot adjusts to it.:lol:

I got it done a while ago and never noticed any difference from before to after. Would an Automatic Transmission respond differently? Maybe someone has an answer.

brz7400 02-26-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marrk (Post 756643)
^^Reduced performance can't be the intended fix, can it? (Serious question.)

I don't feel a reduction in performance, just requires more tip in to get the car moving. Once moving, it drives fine. In fact, the torque dip felt less noticeable when I drove a bit tonight, but I will have to try some more WOT chances to be sure it's not just in my mind.:happy0180:

Darryljr11 02-26-2013 09:50 PM

Got my ECM reflashed today and now the car feels shitty and underpowered

kuma 02-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryljr11 (Post 759633)
Got my ECM reflashed today and now the car feels shitty and underpowered

I just got mine done on Saturday. It did feel crappy at first but your ECM has to get used to your driving again. Give it like 20 miles of your normal driving style and it'll be back to how it was in no time.

Darryljr11 02-26-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuma (Post 759647)
I just got mine done on Saturday. It did feel crappy at first but your ECM has to get used to your driving again. Give it like 20 miles of your normal driving style and it'll be back to how it was in no time.

which is why im doing nothing but driving tomorrow lol

Gearhd79 03-10-2013 02:20 PM

has anyone noticed the car not as smooth above 2500 or so RPM just after the flash...just got mine done yesterday drove a good bit already..seemed like the car ran better before the flash

Lonewolf 03-10-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearhd79 (Post 784233)
has anyone noticed the car not as smooth above 2500 or so RPM just after the flash...just got mine done yesterday drove a good bit already..seemed like the car ran better before the flash

Give it some more time. Please let us know if it improves...