Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Perfect example of a Z06 driver who's 100% dependent on traction/stability control (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90059)

CSG Mike 06-14-2015 10:44 PM

Perfect example of a Z06 driver who's 100% dependent on traction/stability control

Watch how many times he just goes WOT in 2nd gear, during the corner...

Vette is on Hoosier A7. After the first lap or so, he can't overtake take a 475hp 991 GT3 in the straights because the Z06 overheats, and loses an insane amount of power

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9X2-sE4EcU"]Corvette Z06 Vs Porsche GT3 HEAD 2 HEAD f!@k MotorTrend - YouTube[/ame]

D_Thissen 06-14-2015 11:07 PM

I'm by no means an excellent driver but I thought for sure he was going into the tires/wall multiple times. Either that or cause a massive accident.

Porcupint 06-15-2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 2286881)
Watch how many times he just goes WOT in 2nd gear, during the corner...

From what I've heard from a few C7 owners, thats what they were told to do at some driving event thing (may be bullshit, just what I heard). Something about "once you hit the apex, put your foot down and let the car sort it out."

Edit: @6:15 You mad bro?

strat61caster 06-15-2015 01:56 AM

Took me far too long to figure out that the car being driven is the Z06

No idea why he would publish this, 5:00-6:30 would embarrass the hell out of me.

Edit: If I was driving the Porsche I would have let him by in the first minute or two, it's an HPDE christ. This is how cars go home on trailers.

swarb 06-15-2015 06:05 AM

Magic at 14:45. Dude over revs and does not know how to shift up :bonk:
So many mis-shifts and there is no third pedal. :iono:
So much ego.
He early apexed more and more as time went on.
Didn't listen to his instructor a few times too.

Deep Six 06-15-2015 07:30 AM

Exactly why a pay full registration fees gladly. Have not and will not ever instruct anyone other than family and friends.

Not sure the point of the post? Directed at the cooling issues that the C7's are plauged with or the driver himself??

DarkSunrise 06-15-2015 07:34 AM

Initial impression - I'm surprised how good the Z06's PTM is. The driver just stands on the throttle mid-corner while holding steering input and PTM sorts it out like it's nothing. Not even a tail wag. Actually makes 650 hp look kind of boring? Personally I'd have more fun driving a car with 300 less hp with the nannies off and be able to rotate the car with the throttle/brakes.

Also surprised the student wasn't told to pit in after that sequence of corners at the 6:00 mark, ending with him screaming obscenities at the Porsche driver. Red mist moment for sure.

If that driver ever decides to turn PTM off, God help whichever instructor is coaching him.

Deep Six 06-15-2015 09:45 AM

That is full nanny mode BTW. The other settings will display on the PDR video when selected.

Porcupint 06-15-2015 10:03 AM

Video description is great

Quote:

The Corvette driver has two half days of experience of track time and the driver of the Porsche GT3 is a pro race car driver with a race team. You can see from the slipping that the Porsche GT3 is being taken to its limits. The Porsche GT3 driver ultimately waves us by after being repeatedly out handled and out horse powered by the 2015 Corvette Z06 Auto with the Z07 package.
No need to tell us the C7 driver has no track experience. It's quite obvious. GT3's friend commented on the vid saying he wasn't a pro driver. Either way the Porsche was obviously out driving him. GT3 waved you by because he didn't want to end up in a corvette-wall sandwich. You didn't out handle or out horsepower shit.

Idk about y'all, but if people drove that aggressively at the track days I work, they'd be black flagged immediately.

D_Thissen 06-15-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarb (Post 2287069)
Magic at 14:45. Dude over revs and does not know how to shift up :bonk:
So many mis-shifts and there is no third pedal. :iono:
So much ego.
He early apexed more and more as time went on.
Didn't listen to his instructor a few times too.

That was his instructor?! He needs to open his mouth and say something. The Driver was not even paying attention to him, he was too busy dive bombing corners and cutting off other dirvers.

Fish Eagle 06-15-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcupint (Post 2287155)
Idk about y'all, but if people drove that aggressively at the track days I work, they'd be black flagged immediately.

Yup, same over here.
We only do that sh*t when we're drunk, but they don't allow us on track when we're drunk :)

tahdizzle 06-15-2015 11:05 AM

Tanner Foust had trouble driving faster with nannies off.

SeanRTR 06-15-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahdizzle (Post 2287207)
Tanner Foust had trouble driving faster with nannies off.

Depressing.

mav1178 06-15-2015 11:43 AM

Oh hey look, I can bank faster than him on ACS Roval w/ my street tires :)