Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GT86 commercial: This Is How Your Wife Reacts When You Buy a Toyota GT 86 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21922)

wawro569 11-10-2012 11:54 AM

GT86 commercial: This Is How Your Wife Reacts When You Buy a Toyota GT 86

We've seen commercials before in which the car is depicted as a toy for a boy. But this ad, celebrating the white trash car, is not just that. If you buy it as a man you'll not only have a midlife crisis, you'll also have an instant relationship crisis. What a brilliant (online) film, quickly switching between the aesthetics of real men riding their horsepowers and the hysteria of their other halves, using the hidden -- but staged -- camera trend. The two scenes alternating are so extremely different from each other that the ad doesn't look like anything else and turns this Toyota GT86 into a poignantly attractive object. It was created by Happiness Brussels, produced by Caviar, directed by Arnaud Uyttenhove, and shot by Dimitri Karakatsanis.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rhpWOQhtTQ"]This Is How Your Wife Reacts When You Buy a Toyota GT 86 - YouTube[/ame]

a bit depressing really

wbradley 11-10-2012 12:03 PM

I fucking loved that!

Reminds me of my first wife when I bought my first new Integra GS. It was a loaded 4 dr M5 ''96 and she wanted me to get a new Grand Prix 4 dr instead.

Current wife likes the Twin. She was going to dress up as an FR-S on Haloween to get more attention! :lol:

Superhatch 11-10-2012 12:15 PM

That was awesome and sad at the same time. I can totally understand the frustration on the part of the wives (financial planning with your SO ftw), but the feeling of driving this car makes me not care about money at all.

A bold and awesome commercial for sure.

whtchocla7e 11-10-2012 12:15 PM

Haha, take that women!!

Wes 11-10-2012 12:46 PM

Lol that was funny, but kind of stupid at the same time lol

travace 11-10-2012 12:50 PM

ending was sad... that one bitch was smashing his new car :(

dem00n 11-10-2012 12:52 PM

Hey look, more reasons not to get married!

_F-R-S_ 11-10-2012 01:08 PM

Haha that was great

RaceR 11-10-2012 01:22 PM

Awesome comercial!

Its like me driving, only on snow.. And the dude hanging out the window with that big grin on his face. Its like the combination of the smile on my mouth and my "inside smile".
Can relate to this.
Im glad I don't have a wife. A buddy of mine would so like to have this car. But aint gonna happen thanks to wife and priorities.

RaceR 11-10-2012 01:29 PM

Who needs a wife anyway. You can have the best of both worlds. GT86 and a girl on the side.

:burnrubber:

einzlr 11-10-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dem00n (Post 549832)
Hey look, more reasons not to get married!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaceR (Post 549871)
Awesome comercial!

Its like me driving, only on snow.. And the dude hanging out the window with that big grin on his face. Its like the combination of the smile on my mouth and my "inside smile".
Can relate to this.
Im glad I don't have a wife. A buddy of mine would so like to have this car. But aint gonna happen thanks to wife and priorities.

RaceR, I want to go driving with you some time :burnrubber:

Part of me wants to say "Amen! Single people unite! :happy0180:" and another part of me wants to point out that a lucky few do manage to pick their spouses well and have the best of both. Case in point is Peter Egan who writes articles for Road&Track about a constant stream of project cars, wonderful road trips and car shows, all with the support and participation of his wife, Barb.

JDMenrique 11-10-2012 01:50 PM

This is awesome, good thing my wife actually encouraged me to get one.

RaceR 11-10-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einzlr (Post 549893)
RaceR, I want to go driving with you some time :burnrubber:

Cool, you can be the quy hanging out the window! :D

Just watched this commercial. Its in the same category. So funny! :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLBI3qy8o0&feature=plcp"]BMW CPO - Best Day Ever - YouTube[/ame]

wotter 11-10-2012 02:11 PM

Nice, belgian commercial? (they spoke Dutch and French)
Btw, I've noticed that the same car has been used on other reviews/preview videos. I've seen the license plate on the car (1-DGS-xxx) before ;)