Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you have O.C.D? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127708)

EAGLE5 05-17-2018 03:53 AM

Do you have O.C.D?

1 Attachment(s)
This one s 4 u !

Tcoat 05-17-2018 05:26 AM

No. And nobody else that sort of thing bothers does either.

"Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, images, and sensations (obsessions) and engage in behaviors or mental acts in response to these thoughts or obsessions.Often the person carries out the behaviors to reduce the impact or get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only brings temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety"

You are asking does anybody have OCPD which is a radically different thing even though they share some words.

Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a general pattern of concern with orderliness, perfectionism, excessive attention to details, mental and interpersonal control, and a need for control over one's environment, at the expense of flexibility, openness to experience, and efficiency.

Obsessing about order and tidiness can also be a low level of autism.

KDad2 05-17-2018 06:15 AM

My ADD gets in the way of my OCD. How else do you explain a boat load of car parts but too distracted to install them?

Tcoat 05-17-2018 07:01 AM

Oh and I should mention that this off topic subject in the General section has triggered my OCPD greatly.

Tcoat 05-17-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDad2 (Post 3088026)
My ADD gets in the way of my OCD. How else do you explain a boat load of car parts but too distracted to install them?

https://media.giphy.com/media/yBPFkq4c492ak/giphy.gif

MuseChaser 05-17-2018 07:04 AM

See the coffee thread...

And yeah, probably.. I just spent more time than I should have TRYING to find that thread, and coming up empty. It was a similar thread I started, something like "You know you have OCD when..." and then it turned into a thread about coffee...can't find it.

roddy 05-17-2018 07:19 AM

My wife says I do...

Jordanwolf 05-17-2018 09:26 AM

Lol, why the fuck did you think it would be a good idea to start an OCD thread in the general section.

You're going to start debates about autism now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3088023)
Obsessing about order and tidiness can also be a low level of autism.

Tcoat 05-17-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanwolf (Post 3088074)
Lol, why the fuck did you think it would be a good idea to start an OCD thread in the general section.

You're going to start debates about autism now.

"Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are characterized by social-interaction difficulties, communication challenges and a tendency to engage in repetitive behaviors."

We presume you are an expert!

Jordanwolf 05-17-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3088076)
"Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are characterized by social-interaction difficulties, communication challenges and a tendency to engage in repetitive behaviors."

We presume you are an expert!

I play very many online video games, so the autism is plentiful there. People yelling "kys" every 5 seconds and other vulgar things.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rkfFyELXdoM/hqdefault.jpg

The answer is naggers.

Spuds 05-17-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roddy (Post 3088042)
My wife says I do...

Just now? Congrats! ;)

Tcoat 05-17-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanwolf (Post 3088077)
I play very many online video games, so the autism is plentiful there. People yelling "kys" every 5 seconds and other vulgar things.

Well sometime autism like behavior is just part of a certain group's accepted culture.

Jordanwolf 05-17-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3088082)
Well sometime autism like behavior is just part of a certain group's accepted culture.

Fact.

It can get pretty gnarly out there. Internet culture is wild and diverse, but strangely .

Brings me back to my days when the innocent Harambe was slain by a ruthless human. RIP Harambe.

Sapphireho 05-17-2018 10:31 AM

We have this guy at work who comes in early like I do. He has the same gen Honda Civic as my '06. When you lock the doors with the fob the first time there is no sound. Lock it again within a few seconds and the horn beeps. He has to beep it 8 times every morning, so that is 9 times locking the door.

Which one is this?

I bet the guy goes thru fob batteries like crazy.