Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NORCAL: 2nd Official Meet/Drive and BBQ (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13720)

86_ZN6 08-04-2012 04:01 AM

NORCAL: 2nd Official Meet/Drive and BBQ

Hello Norcal!!!

BigFatFLip and I are already brainstorming for the next meet

This time we will have a BBQ and then drive over the panoramic road (where the FR-S commercial was shot) or point reyes

here are some of the details:

When: TBD saturday preferred (Trying to set something up for late october) s
Where: Stafford Lake Park in Novato, CA
Address: 3904 Novato Blvd, Novato, CA, United States
TIME: 8AM

What's in the plan for the BBQ/meet?

1. Catered BBQ buffet

http://www.bbqboys.com/menu_bbq_main_menu.htm

we need to pay a minimum of $16.15 per head for the most basic combo 1/3 LB. HAMBURGERS & ALL-BEEF HOT DOGS

2. Meet & Greet

get to know fellow member and talk about our cars

3. Show & Shine contest (mini car show)

we will have a mini car show contest.

each will have one winner on these categories:

BEST ALL STOCK
BEST MODIFIED
BEST ENGINE BAY
BEST STANCE
BEST INTERIOR
BEST FEMALE OWNED CAR
BEST IN SHOW

4. Cruise and Drive (around 2pm)

we drive either the panoramic road or point reyes

we still need to plan the route

Park Fees and Rules

$450 (weekend rate)

cost will be divided by the number of confirmed attendees. or we are trying to get Edwin and SF scion to sponsor this event again.

Max capacity is 300 people

50 reserved parking spot minimum

Thirty picnic tables covered by octagon canopy. One large barbecue with three large grills. Bring own charcoal. Two prep tables and one large serving table. Close to restrooms, softball, horseshoe pit, volleyball. Bring own ball. Must bring generator for bouncy houses and for amplified music.

Shade: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
Electricity: Yes
Water: Yes

**Fishing is allowed from the shore of the lake only. State of California fishing license is required for such fishing. Stafford Lake is stocked with large mouth bass and redear sunfish - no trout. License is not required for children 16 years of age and under.

Boating and swimming are not permitted as this is a public drinking water supply lake, and no water contact is permitted in a public water reservoir.

No pets allowed!**

We are looking to have a registration fee of $20 per head (cost of bbq buffet and park rental)

we need at least 50 cars and 75 attendees to make this happen

i will need volunteers to help out for this event

comments and suggestions are welcome

Khalis 08-04-2012 12:57 PM

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

finch1750 08-04-2012 01:03 PM

i-club did BAM (Bay Area Meet) here last year. Pretty cool spot. Think the one after this could be like Sac or somethin though? Gettin up at 5 kills us valley folks. Haha

dnL 08-04-2012 02:40 PM

I'd recommend bringing some bug repellent gear. Maybe some of those little standalone units, not the spray. The kinds that are used for big open areas for outdoor activities. I don't even know how effective they are though... or if they even exist.

I went to Stafford Lake Park for BAM (as finch1750 mentioned) a few years back, and it was a really hot day and the flies were out in full force, trying to eat your delicious BBQ. It was a great event, other than the extreme heat (near 100 I think?) and the flies everywhere.

Trikle 08-04-2012 04:57 PM

I missed the last one unfortunately, what are the details for registering?

denkigrve 08-04-2012 08:27 PM

I'm in.

86_ZN6 08-04-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trikle (Post 359555)
I missed the last one unfortunately, what are the details for registering?

i will setup registration once everything is finalized already

payments will be made using paypal as a donation :thumbsup:

S2kphile 08-04-2012 11:50 PM

I would go if I had my vehicle.

phanguy 08-05-2012 03:58 AM

i think i'd be down for this!

microcarmag 08-05-2012 12:43 PM

As long as Alfred and I are not busy with SEMA build stuff we should be in... Oct tends to be a busy month for us in regards to builds.

raventare 08-05-2012 05:16 PM

Did you know i-Club is doing another BAM in September at Mt Hamilton? Just a note if you all wanted to meet there with the other few hundred Subaru's...at least they would have a special Class for us in the Car Show and it would cost less and less planning too;)

BigFatFlip 08-06-2012 07:35 PM

Alright, let's make this happen!

BigFatFlip 08-06-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raventare (Post 360923)
Did you know i-Club is doing another BAM in September at Mt Hamilton? Just a note if you all wanted to meet there with the other few hundred Subaru's...at least they would have a special Class for us in the Car Show and it would cost less and less planning too;)

I was actually wondering if anybody wanted to go, maybe we could all get a caravan together.

raventare 08-06-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 363133)
I was actually wondering if anybody wanted to go, maybe we could all get a caravan together.

SWEET!:party0038: