Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   KW V3 installation problem (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64869)

BAE 05-02-2014 10:48 AM

KW V3 installation problem

Maybe someone here knows what is wrong.

In the front I adjusted the coilover height to the middle of the range according to the manual, installed it with HVT camber plates and it came in spot on 35 mm lower. Exactly in the middle of the range as expected. In the rear I set the height to the middle of the range as well, installed the coilover with the factory tops and it came in almost in stock height. Now I have set the coilover to the minimum height according to the instructions and the car is only 20 mm lower than stock. Same at both sides. At this setting it should have been 50 mm lower than stock. Anyone who knows why my car is 30 mm (11/4") too heigh?

For information I have also installed SPC rear control arms, but I can't see how they can influence the height. They are more or less identical to the stocks.

Thanks for input!

ExxelDistributions 05-02-2014 11:04 AM

Interested to hear about what will cause this also

wparsons 05-02-2014 12:11 PM

Have you driven the car, or just set it down after installing the rears? Is your ebrake locked?

If you lock the ebrake before raising the car and then set it down after installing the shocks it won't settle all the way down until you release the ebrake.

If you haven't yet, release the brake and roll the car around a bit.

BAE 05-03-2014 02:22 AM

I have been driving the car for 2 days afterwards. I have plenty of thread left on the coilover to lower the car to the height I want. But that means going under the minimum height specified for the kit. Any problem with this? Seems like the minimum height is related to the minimum height of the car with lights and stuff.

Again, thanks for input!

Scooby South 05-03-2014 09:45 AM

What tophats did you use in the rear???

BAE 05-03-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby South (Post 1713164)
What tophats did you use in the rear???

I have used the stock tophats in the rear.

Scooby South 05-04-2014 03:56 AM

Can you take a picture and post it of the rear setup with the wheel off so I can see it :)

Bill

BAE 05-04-2014 05:09 PM

Forgot to take a picture last time I had the wheels off. Anyway, now I have lowered the car 35 mm (1 1/4") in each corner measured from the wheel hub center to the fender edge. The height to the spring fastening ring is not according to KW's paperwork in the rear, but it looks allright. The ring is in the middle of all the threads. Thanks for the interest!

I like KW's so far. Firmer, but still quite comfortable. Now, I can start to play around with the settings for the shocks. Anyone that have found the perfect trackday setting for bump / rebound?