Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Kraftwerks Supercharger Owners Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48406)

TmP 08-22-2014 03:23 PM

K, just figured I'd give you guys an update on my BRZ.
Thing has been sitting for a while, due to lack of spare time.
All buttoned up now, with oil cooler etc.

Car is still slow, but at least not painfully so any more. LOL
Definitely an improvement. WAYYYY more fun to drift.

Will have some power guestimates based on GPS data as well as lap times (track, not strip) in a few days.

zoth 08-22-2014 03:38 PM

Really do have any clue of what power your putting down on the wheels. Try Virtual Dyno and just input your pull logs and basic car info.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TmP 08-22-2014 03:43 PM

I'll use my Gtech.
That's a touch more accurate.
Also, instead of doing the hokey dyno thing, I just do a 1/4 pull and calculate it out of the trap speed.

nlowell 08-22-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaveSolid (Post 1912378)
^ I would contact kraftwerks about it. Make sure you speak to a kraftwerks professional. Most of the time a skunk 2 rep will answer and they don't know much about the kraftwerks. At least it has been in my experience.

Yeah, they physically inspected my car and said everything was tight and the movement is "normal" with a cogged belt system. It's just odd that others aren't seeing this. I ordered a new crank pulley and crank pulley bolt and will try that next.

KraftWerks 08-22-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless (Post 1912223)
I had a look at Cem's broken belt and it had a pattern of missing rubber chunks on one side. This to me seems like the belt/pulleys were not aligned perfectly which in my experience can cause the belt to break. I wonder if a pulley is coming loose?

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamcem (Post 1912251)
I am not really sure but I have been periodically checking my belts from both outside and inside and also making sure the tension bolt is within specs.. maybe I should check my pulley to see if it is coming loose like you mentioned

Although we cannot see all the wear in the pictures we have issued a shipping label to glamcem to bring back the belt for inspection. That way we can physically inspect every inch of the belt and coordinate with Gates themselves to see if this is an isolated issue or otherwise.

In the mean time, his new belt should arrive Monday. =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaveSolid (Post 1912378)
^ I would contact kraftwerks about it. Make sure you speak to a kraftwerks professional. Most of the time a skunk 2 rep will answer and they don't know much about the kraftwerks. At least it has been in my experience.

@RaveSolid - Do you have any questions left unanswered currently? Is there anything specifically that you were looking for a bit more clarification on?

glamcem 08-22-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KraftWerks (Post 1912772)
Although we cannot see all the wear in the pictures we have issued a shipping label to glamcem to bring back the belt for inspection. That way we can physically inspect every inch of the belt and coordinate with Gates themselves to see if this is an isolated issue or otherwise.

In the mean time, his new belt should arrive Monday. =D

@RaveSolid - Do you have any questions left unanswered currently? Is there anything specifically that you were looking for a bit more clarification on?

Thanks for the great communication and handling this in a timely manner :cheers:

zoth 08-22-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1912677)
Yeah, they physically inspected my car and said everything was tight and the movement is "normal" with a cogged belt system. It's just odd that others aren't seeing this. I ordered a new crank pulley and crank pulley bolt and will try that next.

Was your OEM ever removed before. If so was it put back correctly. There's a good DIY about the pulley in the DIY section, and also a sticky about the cautionary things you need to know about removing the OEM pulley. Don't forget your O-rings.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Taino-BRZ 08-25-2014 06:41 PM

Just an update on my brz: we just installed DW 700cc injectors and DW fuel pump, stage 3 competition clutch, mtec shift springs, motul tranny oil and the 12 psi small pulley on e85, we did a base map with little timing and drove around the neighborhood and the car felt awesome then after we got the afr dial in we started adding timing and Jesus Christ !! The combination of a fresh clutch and the smaller pulley really changed the way this cars behaves, I'm a drag racer so I'll be posting my time slips pretty soon we should be in the low 12s or maybe better. Looking to get around 350 hp on this set up ... Maybe more, I'll keep you guys posted.

Freeman 08-25-2014 06:51 PM

All you people and your E85.... I'm jealous

86SPEED 08-25-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taino-BRZ (Post 1916387)
Just an update on my brz: we just installed DW 700cc injectors and DW fuel pump, stage 3 competition clutch, mtec shift springs, motul tranny oil and the 12 psi small pulley on e85, we did a base map with little timing and drove around the neighborhood and the car felt awesome then after we got the afr dial in we started adding timing and Jesus Christ !! The combination of a fresh clutch and the smaller pulley really changed the way this cars behaves, I'm a drag racer so I'll be posting my time slips pretty soon we should be in the low 12s or maybe better. Looking to get around 350 hp on this set up ... Maybe more, I'll keep you guys posted.

That's great, two of us here at the shop are now looking to get our own, C30 and a C38.. I cant wait to bolt on that C38 and run it.. i haven't decided on E85 yet, can you post up Dyno numbers when you get them please.. We currently have a local with a BRZ running the C38, but dont think the tune is proper as he ran a 14.5 at 98mph.. about 225 at the wheel, but we are trying to get the tune sorted out..

Taino-BRZ 08-25-2014 09:14 PM

Kraftwerks Supercharger Owners Thread

We did 301 hp on e85 with the previous pulley, best time was 13.8 when the clutch gave up. I'm confident we are going to be in the 12s,car feels way faster now with all the new upgrades.

captain_jack 08-25-2014 10:35 PM

Yeah a 14.5 isnt great at all. Im at about 3200 ft here and with a just a safe tune i ran a 14,7 @97mph. Car came alive when it was finished being tuned, oh and that is on a c30 on 91 pump gas.

nlowell 08-25-2014 10:38 PM

Kraftwerks Supercharger Owners Thread

I just dropped my car off at Infamous for upgraded Grams 550cc fuel injectors and then it's going next door for Bill @DeliciousTuning to do his tuning magic on the dyno. He's going to load the flash-n-go tune scaled for the new injectors then do some fine tuning on the dyno. Should have results by Friday. Looking forward to seeing the results on e85 with the fuel limitations removed!

Taino-BRZ 08-25-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1916803)
I just dropped my car off at Infamous for upgraded Grams 550cc fuel injectors and then it's going next door for Bill @DeliciousTuning to do his tuning magic on the dyno. He's going to load the flash-n-go tune scaled for the new injectors then do some fine tuning on the dyno. Should have results by Friday. Looking forward to seeing the results on e85 with the fuel limitations removed!

Im on a custom tune now ,I'm very high altitude too, I had the delicious tune but it was crazy lean for me and the whole e tune wasn't working out for me, so I hired a local Subaru tuner and he squeezed 301 hp from the c30 on stock injectors and pump, my delicious tune was crazy fast but not safe for my setup, I wish I was closer to bill. My tuner said we have a lot of room for more power with the 700cc and the pump. But we are finishing the tune at the dyno/track.

SPCorBUST 08-25-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1916803)

Did you up the pump?

captain_jack 08-25-2014 11:37 PM

Just a heads up to all of your as well I'm selling my kit with engine oil cooler and flex fuel kit. I decided to go another route asking 4k for all of it, blower is new as is filter and rotrex oil. Kraftwerks will xfer warranty as well since blower is new. I posted it up in the az thread as I'd prefer to not ship it.

nlowell 08-26-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCorBUST (Post 1916913)
Did you up the pump?

After polling, I believe that the injectors are the bottleneck and not the in-tank pump. I have one but I don't want to hassle with the install so I'll be selling it as soon as the dyno proves it's not needed.

captain_jack 08-26-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1917003)
After polling, I believe that the injectors are the bottleneck and not the in-tank pump. I have one but I don't want to hassle with the install so I'll be selling it as soon as the dyno proves it's not needed.

I wouldn't imagine you will as a local guy just changed injectors and ran 18lbs of boost on e85...turbo but still comparable demand on fuel.

86SPEED 08-26-2014 02:47 PM

The car is "tuned" by delicious tuning, the car seemed to run pretty good but after looking at the logs he sent a revision and it seems to be worse, We may need Bill to relook at it. This was one of the first few C38's he did so he may have come a long way since then.. a different BRZ that thats turbo'd put 277 to the wheel, completely embarrassed the supercharged BRZ.. we also have injectors, pump and smaller pulley to add to the C38 now and run e85

-Thomas

TmP 08-26-2014 06:50 PM

Question: Does anyone make a nostril that can be cut into the bumper to get air into the filter?
My IATs down here in MX are ridiculous.

CSG David 08-27-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmP (Post 1918373)
Question: Does anyone make a nostril that can be cut into the bumper to get air into the filter?
My IATs down here in MX are ridiculous.

What's the ambient temperature in Mexico and what's your IAT right now? It wouldn't make any difference if both are the same temps.

TmP 08-27-2014 06:52 PM

IATs got as hot as 165 F.
Ambient is closer to 110...

CSG David 08-27-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmP (Post 1920427)
IATs got as hot as 165 F.
Ambient is closer to 110...

While you were moving or while sitting at grid?

TmP 08-27-2014 10:41 PM

Right after a 20 minute track session.

CSG David 08-27-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmP (Post 1920826)
Right after a 20 minute track session.

IAT should be the same as ambient temperature while you're moving. If you stop, you will heat soak and the IAT will rise. Considering the KW claims it's a cold air intake, this kind of moots their point. You can just cut the bumper and put a tiny scoop to funnel the air directly to the air filter and wrap the piping with gold DEI tape like what Cem did.

TmP 08-27-2014 11:56 PM

I know I can cut a hole, my question was, if there is a good looking solution out yet?
If there is, I'd make sure the dimensions I cut fit whatever nostril may be available :)

Edit: I know the 350Z has one available...

Might just try these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-3...f75f2a&vxp=mtr

CSG David 08-28-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmP (Post 1920941)
I know I can cut a hole, my question was, if there is a good looking solution out yet?
If there is, I'd make sure the dimensions I cut fit whatever nostril may be available :)

Edit: I know the 350Z has one available...

Might just try these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-3...f75f2a&vxp=mtr

Look at Ken Gushi's setup. It looks like the 350Z.

zoth 08-28-2014 12:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I'm going with Seibon FA hood to deal with the engine bay heat issue. Side note Oil cooler kit ready for install. As you can see the hose are now pre-assembled and just wondering if I still need to clamp the lines. I think I'll visit my local Parker Store tomorrow.

glamcem 08-28-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoth (Post 1921007)
I think I'm going with Seibon FA hood to deal with the engine bay heat issue. Side note Oil cooler kit ready for install. As you can see the hose are now pre-assembled and just wondering if I still need to clamp the lines. I think I'll visit my local Parker Store tomorrow.

Are you planning to add a thermostat as well? This will be my next mod but since the season is almost over I might postpone it for a while

TmP 08-28-2014 08:34 AM

I have a home grown oil cooler kit using the KW sandwich.
Not a big fan of their choice on placement and hoses...
The sandwich is a billet work of art though!

Need to check out Ken's car. BRB

Edit: Don't seem to find a pic of Ken's FRS with a nostril... Got a link?

FR-S Matt 08-28-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoth (Post 1921007)

Nice oil cooler. I need to get one as well since we're in hell temp wise.

You think the vented hood is a good option for someone who doesn't track and more of a DD situation or should stock suffice?

zoth 08-28-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S Matt (Post 1921287)
Nice oil cooler. I need to get one as well since we're in hell temp wise.

You think the vented hood is a good option for someone who doesn't track and more of a DD situation or should stock suffice?

I agree in mixed hiway/city driving right now I get all the way to 234 degrees. :mad0259:
No Track with oil cooler you should be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamcem (Post 1921053)
Are you planning to add a thermostat as well? This will be my next mod but since the season is almost over I might postpone it for a while

No we don't need it down here... winter is pretty much don't exist down here.

FR-S Matt 08-28-2014 09:45 AM

Yeah, thermostatic plates aren't needed in the south. Even at the lowest possible temp in the winter, it may see 27 degrees, but that doesn't last long.

nlowell 08-29-2014 12:07 AM

Wow...all i can say is wow.

Just got back from getting a double dose of Infamous and Delicious work on the 86.
Mike and Todd @Infamous Performance installed my new Grams 550cc fuel injectors then Bill @DeliciousTuning went to work on the dyno.

Results:

314hp on the mustang dyno!
This equates to approximately 365hp dynojet equivalent

...on an automatic!

Here is the dyno of the very strong "Flash & Go" tune (no modification besides injector scaling) vs. the custom tuning that Bill did. He said the time he spent tuning will go into the next tune update so this should help all Delicious customers in the future :)

Notice how he smoothed out the dip down low and squeezed out another 20 ponies up top. Was cool to see him work his magic.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Q...52.57%2BPM.png

Here is a graph comparing a stock 86 (not mine) to the current state of my car.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B...53.50%2BPM.png

Freeman 08-29-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1922686)

Just got back from getting a double dose of Infamous and Delicious work on the 86.
Mike and Todd @Infamous Performance installed my new Grams 550cc fuel injectors then Bill @DeliciousTuning went to work on the dyno.

Results:

...on an automatic!

Here is the dyno of the very strong "Flash & Go" tune (no modification besides injector scaling) vs. the custom tuning that Bill did. He said the time he spent tuning will go into the next tune update so this should help all Delicious customers in the future :)

Notice how he smoothed out the dip down low and squeezed out another 15 ponies up top. Was cool to see him work his magic.

C38 on E85?

nlowell 08-29-2014 01:13 AM

C30, stock pulley, e85...I still have more room with an overdrive pulley or C38. I have to install some AT upgrades first...

Sellout 08-29-2014 09:27 AM

^ I want a ride.

nlowell 08-29-2014 10:28 AM

Sure! I'm going to try and hit up the next SD meet-up on the 12th. If you're there I'm more than happy to give you a ride :). I need to install my new RS3 tires...right now with my burned up PSS's they break free at 6,500 during WOT pulls :)

KraftWerks 08-29-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 1922686)

Results:

...on an automatic!

Notice how he smoothed out the dip down low and squeezed out another 20 ponies up top. Was cool to see him work his magic.

Beautiful!
GREAT 3rd Party information here.

Let us know if you need anything further @nlowell

Jcl 08-30-2014 01:53 PM

Whats everyones mpg like..? Just city driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk