Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   (TSB) No More Crickets Under My Hood!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18384)

alchemis 11-29-2015 10:10 AM

the sad case is that i got my car used.... and there isn't and warranty on them... hence for me i will need to fork out money to replace the fuel pump which isn't cheap.

sdwagonjp 11-29-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemis (Post 2465219)
the sad case is that i got my car used.... and there isn't and warranty on them... hence for me i will need to fork out money to replace the fuel pump which isn't cheap.

I get crickets all day long. Doesn't bother me, and your car isn't going to run any different. I still have my warranty and I don't even bother bringing it. I travel too much to stick to one fuel brand. I know everyone said shell, but I did it once and had no effect on it.

shellslinger 11-29-2015 05:25 PM

After 36k miles I did not notice anymore crickets

FRSBRZGT86FAN 12-02-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemis (Post 2465216)
saw some of the members kept on going to dealers and kept changing the fuel pump whenever they got the sound.

but i do suspect brand of fuel does make difference... i was on ron95 bhp brand no such sound.. but this is the first time i'm filling up ron97 shell. and i got that noise...

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemis (Post 2465219)

I really don't understand the big deal, it doesn't effect the car in any way other than a simple noise. It's not worth paying money for a replacement that will do the same....

Superoy 12-04-2015 08:25 AM

Any one know if this tsb will be extended to 2015 models, i just bought a 2015 about a month ago and today after I installed my muffler delete I noticed the chirp. It could be the gas but i always run 93 octane or higher. Not sure the ethanol content, but ill try some shell next tank i guess, thanks for any replies.

nickmerronesucks 12-04-2015 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superoy (Post 2469826)
Any one know if this tsb will be extended to 2015 models, i just bought a 2015 about a month ago and today after I installed my muffler delete I noticed the chirp. It could be the gas but i always run 93 octane or higher. Not sure the ethanol content, but ill try some shell next tank i guess, thanks for any replies.

Im pretty sure it has been deemed as normal..however they will replace it but it will come back..mine was replaced at 1500 miles and then drove down the street and it started again.

stevesnj 12-04-2015 08:53 AM

Its just the low volume low fuel pressure at idle. It just may be something to deal with.