Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wrecked FR-S Crash Already - Not Mine (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8821)

FT86R 06-15-2012 06:14 PM

we all take a moment of silence we lost one (tear)....................

Brett 06-15-2012 06:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I wasn't going to post these pics out of respect for the cars owner (he's a friend of mine), but since they're here already I might as well post the original that I got from the guy who took them. I would like to point out that the passenger side airbag broke the windshield. Is that normal?

civicdrivr 06-15-2012 06:33 PM

Obligatory "that'll buff out".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 260448)
I wasn't going to post these pics out of respect for the cars owner (he's a friend of mine), but since they're here already I might as well post the original that I got from the guy who took them. I would like to point out that the passenger side airbag broke the windshield. Is that normal?

Pass side airbags tend to crack the windsheild in most cars, its due to the positioning of the airbag on the dash.

Youre friends with the owner? Sooooo......what happened?

jflBRZ 06-15-2012 06:38 PM

since it's on the front, let me guess... too much hooning around?:confused0068:

jimmillion 06-15-2012 06:40 PM

@Brett, sorry to hear man, no one was hurt right?

_hollywood 06-15-2012 06:41 PM

there will be more by the end of summer.....

Calidrifter 06-15-2012 06:45 PM

Would be nice to know how it happened.

Sorry for the loss.

FRSPirate 06-15-2012 06:48 PM

I curbed my car last week, chunked paint off my bumper and rashed the pass side wheel but it wasn't my fault. Some dumb c*nt in an SUV decided that 2 left turn lanes was one too many and started merging into me as we made our left turns. Either risk structural damage by letting her hit my car and she'd possibly just run over my whole front end or curb the car...so i curbed the car. Literally nothing i could have done other than that. I was already on the brakes laying on the horn and she just kept on coming like if i was in her lane. I forced that stupid c*nt bag to pull over and give me her info but since she didnt make car to car contact so i might be S.O.L. I didnt want her to hit my car either because if they didnt total the car, it would have never driven the same plus an accident record. I called the cops and she took off after giving me the least amount of info possible. Good thing i at least got her policy number and phone number (which was disconnected and changed). The police officer that showed up tried to call her and she basically told him that i was lying and i came from the opposite direction and turned into her. Then she told him that she was busy, going to sleep and not to call her until next week. I might have to tune my baseball swing on her cars...hoping for her sake she parks in her garage.

Hanakuso 06-15-2012 06:50 PM

Looks more like the hood cracked the front glass then the airbag

Fish 06-15-2012 07:00 PM

Wow... Just wow....

Rampage 06-15-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 260326)
I was fully expecting to see the back end of one wrapped around a post, not the front.

Agreed! Maybe he over corrected?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 260448)

So what happened? Is he ok? How long did he have the car prior to the accident?.

Brett 06-15-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMs|a|MILLION (Post 260478)
@Brett, sorry to hear man, no one was hurt right?

No injuries!

Rampage 06-15-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 260536)
No injuries!

That is good news! I have seen some horrific looking wrecks in Mr2 Spyders too and usually the driver walks away unscathed or survives when it looks like no one could. Tough little cars! Sounds like the new FR-S might be equally tough.

Opie 06-15-2012 07:16 PM

Both airbags = totalled I'd bet.