Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Are Your Pet Peeves of Daily Driving (Your FRS/86)? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130766)

Little Mt. Fuji 10-12-2018 10:22 AM

What Are Your Pet Peeves of Daily Driving (Your FRS/86)?

I love this car and I love driving it everyday, but I've always got something to complain about. My morning commute is definitely not the a Sunday drive through the park to get to church. Nope, I've got anywhere from a 45-60 minute drive of 50/50 highway/city on the lovely, pot hole filled, road raging streets of Northern New Jersey. I see it all on this one commute, highway traffic, stop and go traffic, suburban, city, construction, school traffic, etc...
Here's just some of the things that bother me about daily driving (in my FRS).

-People who are in to much of hurry and think their Chevy Suburban is a Miata weaving in and out of traffic.

-Sudden no blinker lane changes

-People who cruise below the speed limit on the left lane of the highway.

-The person who beeps when the light changes green.

-THOSE MASSIVE POT HOLES THAT ARE UNAVOIDABLE

-When you hear real crickets and you think its your car.

-That one road that is just a mine field of rocks and pot holes.

-When the car behind you is on your bumper on that really steep hill.

-The snapchatter/texter whose on their phone for 5 miles.

-When you can't see over something because you are to low to the ground.

-That one driveway you can't go up without scrapping something.

These things bother me, but I rather be driving this car than anything else (I wish tanks were practical to DD). What do you guys/gals experience that bothers you while driving your 86/FRS or just driving in general?

Sapphireho 10-12-2018 10:26 AM

Other drivers.

qcbaker 10-12-2018 10:28 AM

I've been hit with 2 separate pieces of road debris that damaged my car in the last couple weeks. So I'll add bits of exploded truck tires to the list of "mine field" stuff.

Also, since my daily "driving" is split between my motorcycle and my car, I also have to deal with people not seeing me and nearly merging into me almost every time I ride the bike lol.

Dadhawk 10-12-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3143561)
Other drivers.

Pretty much sums it up

/tread

Tcoat 10-12-2018 10:33 AM

*who's

Little Mt. Fuji 10-12-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbaker (Post 3143562)
I've been hit with 2 separate pieces of road debris that damaged my car in the last couple weeks. So I'll add bits of exploded truck tires to the list of "mine field" stuff.

Also, since my daily "driving" is split between my motorcycle and my car, I also have to deal with people not seeing me and nearly merging into me almost every time I ride the bike lol.

Drove behind a dump truck recently, got 2 new scratches on my hood from rocks/debris he kicked up

qcbaker 10-12-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Mt. Fuji (Post 3143568)
Drove behind a dump truck recently, got 2 new scratches on my hood from rocks/debris he kicked up

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...png?1318992465

Tcoat 10-12-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Mt. Fuji (Post 3143568)

I have somewhere between 30 and 40. You need to drive it more!

Little Mt. Fuji 10-12-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3143571)
I have somewhere between 30 and 40. You need to drive it more!

Oh, that is not including the 30+ of rock chips I have and other miscellaneous dings and scratches. Trust me this is no garage queen. :bonk:

Tcoat 10-12-2018 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Mt. Fuji (Post 3143580)
Oh, that is not including the 30+ of rock chips I have and other miscellaneous dings and scratches. Trust me this is no garage queen. :bonk:

My favorite is the 4 inch long divot on the top of my bumper created by the flying Neon taillight assembly.
Not the lens.
Not the bracket.
Not the housing.
The whole bloody taillight.

Little Mt. Fuji 10-12-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3143585)
My favorite is the 4 inch long divot on the top of my bumper created by the flying Neon taillight assembly.
Not the lens.
Not the bracket.
Not the housing.

That definitely beats my 8 inch long scratch from when someone keyed my car or my cracked windshield from a rock :bow:

DarkPira7e 10-12-2018 11:07 AM

I drive through all sorts of weather 15 miles each way to my main job, and do pizza delivery for side cash 1 day a week. My only qualms are still other drivers and SUVs. I just have unmitigated rage towards the 2002 Lexus RX300 that I can't explain. Maybe it's the arrogant window tint on the rear glass?

qcbaker 10-12-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3143585)
Not the lens.
Not the bracket.
Not the housing.

Was it in a wreck or did it literally just come off of the car? Thats wild lol

Tcoat 10-12-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbaker (Post 3143594)
Was it in a wreck or did it literally just come off of the car? Thats wild lol

I was going down the highway at about 70 and there was this old Neon that passed me and pulled into my lane with one car between us. It had Michigan plates and was falling apart. The driver mirror was dangling from some wires, the trunk lid was crumpled and held down by a coat hanger, one wheel had a visible wobble and all in all I was amazed it could still move that fast. A bit down the road we hit a bump between the pavement and the tail light assembly flew off the car, hit the road, bounced over the car in front of me and came straight down on my bumper. It all happened like slow motion but I was boxed in and could not avoid it. I chased the car and got up beside it to signal them to pull over but took one look at the size of the 4 guys crammed in it and figured I could live with the damage so just got way ahead of them so no further parts would hit me.