Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   To build something better in our own self image (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69451)

Rocket.BRZ 07-06-2014 12:13 AM

To build something better in our own self image

For a very long time I have asked myself why we are we here. I think our purpose in life is to follow what inspires us the most. For me, Technology has always been a passion and out of that passion my goal in life is to build something even better than ourselves. I want to be able to help create technology that will surpass our very own intelligence something that will change humanity. To make life easier. Sorry just ranting what was on my mind.

pche 07-06-2014 12:53 AM

Like a friend zone escape device? :D I kid I kid

bcj 07-06-2014 01:03 AM

Skynet in 3, 2, 1...

You aren't using this life effectively, so we're re-purposing it.

Rocket.BRZ 07-06-2014 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcj (Post 1831404)
Skynet in 3, 2, 1...

You aren't using this life effectively, so we're re-purposing it.

I'm not using this life effectively?

Currently I have a certification in Computer Technology. Working on getting my degree in Computer Science.

NWFRS 07-06-2014 06:25 AM

YOU MUST HAVE CHILDREN.

YOUR LIFE WILL HAVE MEANING ONCE YOU HAVE CHILDREN.

YOUR LIFE IS EMPTY WITHOUT CHILDREN.

HAVING CHILDREN MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON.

CHILDREN ARE A GIFT FROM GOD.

SO WHEN ARE YOU HAVING CHILDREN?

THEN YOU WILL BE ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

Sent from our street where my wife and I purchased our first home two years ago. Dear Jesus please save us. I have never been given so much unsolicited advice in my life. Sometimes my wife and I feel like we're in a zombie film...all these stay-at-home moms...

Atropine 07-06-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket.BRZ (Post 1831415)
I'm not using this life effectively?

Currently I have a certification in Computer Technology. Working on getting my degree in Computer Science.

You are missing his sarcasm...

Put the books down for a minute and enjoy your life a bit...

Lighten up.

Also, after reading your "Relationship Advise" thread...

You also do not have a good grasp on emotional cues.

My suggestion for both of your quandaries is to watch the following movies.

Mary and Max

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Both of these movies may offer you some perspective.

rice_classic 07-06-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWFRS (Post 1831530)
YOU MUST HAVE CHILDREN.

YOUR LIFE WILL HAVE MEANING ONCE YOU HAVE CHILDREN.

YOUR LIFE IS EMPTY WITHOUT CHILDREN.

HAVING CHILDREN MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON.

CHILDREN ARE A GIFT FROM GOD.

SO WHEN ARE YOU HAVING CHILDREN?

THEN YOU WILL BE ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

Sent from our street where my wife and I purchased our first home two years ago. Dear Jesus please save us. I have never been given so much unsolicited advice in my life. Sometimes my wife and I feel like we're in a zombie film...all these stay-at-home moms...

The Marriage/Kids thing is for many, a "belief system" like religion. It's sort of human nature for people to project their beliefs onto others. Because I'm not yet married and don't have a desire to reproduce I feel like an atheist in a bible studies class at this point in my life.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJsw71NYr08"]gallagher baby - YouTube[/ame]

husker741 07-06-2014 03:13 PM

How old is OP?

rice_classic 07-06-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atropine (Post 1831658)

Both of these movies may offer you some perspective.

Are you saying he has asperger's or autism?

One of the cues is the inability to detect and process sarcasm so it stands to reason.

Rocket.BRZ: Do you personally identify with the TV characters; Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory" or Abed from "Community"? If so, you may want to pursue research regarding these conditions. Knowing is half the battle.

Rocket.BRZ 07-06-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1831871)
How old is OP?

Rocket.BRZ 07-06-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_classic (Post 1831875)
Are you saying he has asperger's or autism?

One of the cues is the inability to detect and process sarcasm so it stands to reason.

Rocket.BRZ: Do you personally identify with the TV characters; Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory" or Abed from "Community"? If so, you may want to pursue research regarding these conditions. Knowing is half the battle.

I would say your right that sometimes I am unable to detect and process sarcasm. I'm a very serious person. I'm not a very easy person to read from what I've been told. My facial expressions are very minimal.

sklimo 07-06-2014 05:11 PM

You're only 18? God bless you. Bro stop thinking so much and enjoy life. You will miss it. Forget that chick and don't worry changing the future. Enjoy now.

swpbrz 07-06-2014 05:16 PM

Yea. Don't let normal people pull you back. Find a passion, pursue it, and create within it. the girl will come once you start down that path.

husker741 07-06-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket.BRZ (Post 1831913)

It all makes sense now.