Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Front windshield replacement cost (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26087)

RAWR BRZ 01-10-2013 02:05 PM

Front windshield replacement cost

2 Attachment(s)
How much will it cost to replace the front windshield? My car has around 2150mi and the windshield is done. Attachment 24965Attachment 24966

Shimmyshake 01-10-2013 04:26 PM

Mine has the exact same crack almost!! Just happened to me today :(

chanomatik 01-10-2013 05:29 PM

I have insurance for mine with a $100 deductible. I've seen the bill for my 2011 WRX cost $1k in Spring of 2011 drop to $600 in Spring of 2012.

AE86guy 01-10-2013 05:57 PM

Just go through your insurance. The cost will be well over your deductible. You're insurance rates won't go up because it's considered an incidental. I think my replacement was around $800.

It seems as though the design of these windshields are pretty weak. The rock that hit my windshield was very tiny and would have just made a small pit on any other car.

Safelite did a great job and replaced it with the OEM factory part.

SkullWorks 01-10-2013 06:03 PM

I paid out of pocket for mine,

deductible was $500, but then i have to deal with people...replaced with a factory Toyota windshield (I have a brz) for $520 after installation...yes i said factory as in OEM

RAWR BRZ 01-10-2013 07:14 PM

So my insurance deductible is 1000 and it will cost around 800 to replace with oem glass and rubber trim or something from the dealer... And I being ripped off? Safelite said it will cost 920 if i go through them...

Oh and would a scion/toyota dealership be able to change it on a brz? Its basically the same car but they may have better prices? I would assume the windshield is the same on both cars right?

IloveBaldEagles 01-10-2013 11:15 PM

No, that $800 seems about right. Mine cracked right around Christmas time and when I tried to get it out of pocket, I was told that no aftermarket were made as the car is still very new and only OEM has to be ordered. Then with installation by a proper window man, the total is around $800. Luckily, I happened to change my deductible because I had my other car windshield break around the same time a year ago.

I do not remember exact price, but I think to replace a windshield through Toyota it is going to cost about $520 without labor. Either that is the regular price, or what I was told due to employee discount.

RAWR BRZ 01-11-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekal (Post 657729)
No, that $800 seems about right. Mine cracked right around Christmas time and when I tried to get it out of pocket, I was told that no aftermarket were made as the car is still very new and only OEM has to be ordered. Then with installation by a proper window man, the total is around $800. Luckily, I happened to change my deductible because I had my other car windshield break around the same time a year ago.

I do not remember exact price, but I think to replace a windshield through Toyota it is going to cost about $520 without labor. Either that is the regular price, or what I was told due to employee discount.

Ok thanks so theres no difference in price going through subaru or scion/toyota right?

IloveBaldEagles 01-11-2013 12:24 AM

I would believe so. Check with your dealer and see if they use a glass company or if they do it themselves. I wouldn't put my windshield with someone who has been turning wrenches probably all day. And shop with other glass repair companies. Some might ask you if you can order the glass yourself to save up the middle man cost.

sparks 01-11-2013 10:43 AM

65009CA030 - Windshield - $495.00
65058CA000 - Molding - $72.95

dori. 01-11-2013 02:03 PM

should be covered by insurance

bestwheelbase 01-13-2013 11:30 AM

In my experience, SafeLite uses their own crappy aftermarket glass. Make sure you know what you're paying for before authorizing replacement.

Also: In some states, your insurer is required by law to replace the windscreen at no cost to you. I know Florida is like that. Gotta be others.

industrial 01-13-2013 12:05 PM

Safelite is one of those companies where the franchisee makes or breaks the service experience you have. They just don't seem to micromanage their franchisees as much as other companies. When my windshield broke, I had my local safelite guy come out and replace everything with OEM glass and seals for $650. He did an awesome job. He's been in the business for 20+ years.

Their business model probably revolves around being a one stop shop for any windshield damage with the highest profits coming from repairs over replacements. It's probably up to the franchisee to choose OEM replacement parts or others for more profit.

RAWR BRZ 01-13-2013 01:28 PM

I ordered the windshield and molding from the dealer and should I have the dealer install it? I am really afraid of bad seal and it damaging my car etc... And since this car is so new I am also afraid the safelite guy might break something since he probably has never worked kn this car.