Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada Classifieds (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   BOOBERRY Flossy Shift Knob!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112703)

creamsoda 11-07-2016 01:24 AM

BOOBERRY Flossy Shift Knob!!

Mods please close thread, everything is sold now!

***SOLD***
-Flossy Blueberry "Booberry" Weighted Shift Knob
-Ram Seat Mount with X-Grip Phone Mount
-TRD OEM Shift Knob - authentic
-Clear Side Markers - forgot where it was from (spyder?), comes with Amber LED bulbs.
-Front Weathertech Digital Fit Mats
-4x Steelies for 205/55/16 Winter Wheels, Hubcentric. Silver, Plastidipped Black.
-Flashbolt5 Stage 2 Yellow/Amber LED Turn Signal Set for BRZ, Front and Rear
-HFR Flasher Relay Module Unit
-Putco Festoon 3LED Dome Light
-Extra Bright Reverse LED Lights

http://i.imgur.com/a4sTVsQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DjN3Oi4.jpg

ztrevs 11-07-2016 01:39 AM

pm'd

aa_chow 11-07-2016 06:48 AM

PM'd

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

creamsoda 01-10-2017 05:27 PM

new years' bump! :)

FujiwaraTofu86 01-10-2017 07:12 PM

pm about the trd knob

alanhung85 01-11-2017 10:57 AM

Does the Flossy blue knob get hot in the summer and freezing in the winter?

SLVRSRFR 01-11-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanhung85 (Post 2829831)
Does the Flossy blue knob get hot in the summer and freezing in the winter?

I have a Flossy GripTape, which is the same knob but with a black "wrinkle" finish on it (looks like skateboard grip-tape, hence the name).

It definitely gets hot in the summer, and ice-cold in the winter.

I don't find the summer to be too bad honestly, despite the fact that mine is black and would attract more heat than the blue finish.

But in the winter, when it's cold enough, I have to wear a glove on my right hand, or simply slip one glove over the knob until it warms up. My hand has almost stuck to it before because it gets so cold.

That being said, contrary to what the OP said, I LOVE the weight. It makes the discomfort worth it, because the shifts are so much crisper and more effortless.

Hope this helps.

alanhung85 01-11-2017 01:20 PM

Ah I thought the coating Flossy puts on their knobs would make them more resistant to extreme temperature change. That is too bad I really enjoyed the feel of a weighted shift knob. I had a BLOX and I had to switch back to OEM leather because summer time it gets too hot and winter time it is freezing to the touch. Hopefully they make a leather wrapped weighted knob one day.

Gibtronikz 01-11-2017 01:43 PM

pm'd

SLVRSRFR 01-11-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanhung85 (Post 2829955)
Ah I thought the coating Flossy puts on their knobs would make them more resistant to extreme temperature change. That is too bad I really enjoyed the feel of a weighted shift knob. I had a BLOX and I had to switch back to OEM leather because summer time it gets too hot and winter time it is freezing to the touch. Hopefully they make a leather wrapped weighted knob one day.

I think the "crackle" finish on mine helps dissipate some of the heat, which is why it isn't really that bad in the summer.

Unfortunately, considering the shift knob is basically a solid block of metal, no amount of coating will help get rid of the cold when it dips down to the minus double digits like it routinely does here in good ol' Ontario. Yes, it gets cold as a bastard in the winter, but again I've learned to live with it.

I just make damn sure not to have ANY moisture on my hand before touching my shift knob on an ice cold morning, or else I'll leave my fingerprints behind...

:laughabove:

FujiwaraTofu86 01-18-2017 08:49 PM

trd knob still available?

nyw 01-19-2017 01:53 PM

Still have the ram mount?? interested :)

TURBObro10 01-23-2017 11:26 PM

PM'd

creamsoda 01-24-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR (Post 2829881)
I have a Flossy GripTape, which is the same knob but with a black "wrinkle" finish on it (looks like skateboard grip-tape, hence the name).

It definitely gets hot in the summer, and ice-cold in the winter.

I don't find the summer to be too bad honestly, despite the fact that mine is black and would attract more heat than the blue finish.

But in the winter, when it's cold enough, I have to wear a glove on my right hand, or simply slip one glove over the knob until it warms up. My hand has almost stuck to it before because it gets so cold.

That being said, contrary to what the OP said, I LOVE the weight. It makes the discomfort worth it, because the shifts are so much crisper and more effortless.

Hope this helps.

Adding onto this, I'd think that a matte finish absorbs more heat than a glossy finish - better for winter, worse for summer.

Either way it's a powdercoated metal ball - it's going to be more extreme in temp changes than leather either way! People put little shift socks on them to help.