Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Leased an FRS...Dealership Issues...HELP! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73929)

Sandy209 09-10-2014 02:21 PM

Leased an FRS...Dealership Issues...HELP!

So I’ve been a long time lurker in the forums and finally had saved up enough money to get my own FRS. I leased a 2015 automatic FRS a couple weeks ago. My credit score isn’t great (600s range) so I got monthly payments of $390 for 36 months.

Here are some of the stats:
2015 FRS Automatic
Sticker: $25,500
Includes:
+Paint Protective Film (PPF) whole car
+Alarm system
+GAP insurance
$2,000 down payment

Everything was signed off, however when I came into the dealer to get my PPF installed two weeks later they said I had to pay an extra $500+ for some security fees and other bs that were not mentioned to me before. ON TOP OF THAT, my car did not come with the things they had offered me in the deal. They said that I they had no record of PPF, Alarm, and GAP insurance on my purchase. And they even threatened to take the car back if I do not pay this $500+ security deposit.

So now I’m forced to pay an extra $500, my monthly payment is still $390, and I get the car bare. No PPF, no alarm system, no Gap insurance. I don’t know what to do…kinda gutted at the moment. Can I get some advise? Do they really have the right to take the car back? Everything is signed off. And do they have the right to charge me extra fees AFTER I left the dealership with all the agreements signed? What happens to my $2,000 down payment?

Thanks…first buying experience…totally stinks.

Davev 09-10-2014 02:31 PM

You only have power/upper hand if you are willing to walk away. They don't want the car back. But you have to be ready to give it up. And they DO have to give you back any monies paid.

You didn't say if you have anything in writing- but that is what you need.

lantsalot 09-10-2014 02:48 PM

Agree with DaveV.
Be prepared to give the car back and walk away. And honestly, even if they take the car back, you'll probably come out on top. You really don't want to be in business with a dealership that is going to pull that kind of stuff.

If they take it back, go to another dealership, get one from them. If they are doing this kind of underhanded selling, it's hard to trust anything they do--including how well they've even treated the car up to the point of you getting it (techs beating it up, salesmen encouraging people to beat the hell out of it on test drives, etc.).

It sounds like they know you want that car no matter what, and they are going to milk you for it. Call their bluff.

Jyn 09-10-2014 02:50 PM

Are you a techie (I see you're in Palo Alto)? Sounds like they're just trying to milk you for extra money.

Get out of that deal and go to another dealership.

Tt3Sheppard 09-10-2014 03:59 PM

Hate...dealerships. Buying a Tesla must be nice and stress free.

continuecrushing 09-10-2014 04:12 PM

what is on the paperwork you SIGNED?

That is what you have to go on/fight with. If you just signed the paperwork and it says car only, and everything else was "verbal", you're screwed.

What dealership was this?

RockRoll 09-10-2014 05:09 PM

Look over the fine print in your paperwork and see what it says. They can't make you pay more after you've already signed. I'd give the car back to that dealership and get your money back.

AznBRZer 09-10-2014 05:20 PM

Get yo moneyz BACK!

zc06_kisstherain 09-10-2014 05:30 PM

return the car

imom 09-10-2014 05:36 PM

Give the car back... your lease kinda stunk anyways...especially without all the things they promised... I hate to say it...but you're a bit gullible. Your lease almost gets you into a BMW if not there already.

You need to get some legal advice if you have a lawyer friend to help you read the contract. If the contract is solid... you have your choices on what to do...if the contract is in your favor then give it back and get your money back. That's a crappy lease deal for FRS. Hope you enjoy the car if you decide to keep it. PPF the whole car is about $4k if they use good film. It's labor intensive to do it right. It sounds like you had some shady salesperson that took advantage of you since you are not jaded yet...maybe this experience will make you a bit more jaded and read the contract better. Happen to me once with gym membership...straight up lied to me and then altered the contract since I didn't fill in one part and they changed it.

myusernameisrob 09-10-2014 05:54 PM

Check with your state because it's different but in WA you're entitled to 100% of any downpayment within 30 days or so. Most dealers have a "money back satisfaction guarantee" and you can even return the car and a downpayment refund within 15 days.

Take the car back, get your refund, and then go to another dealer and tell them your story. You might be able to find a better deal that way.

stugray 09-10-2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lantsalot (Post 1941056)
You really don't want to be in business with a dealership that is going to pull that kind of stuff. .

Take it back and tell them that exactly.

RockRoll 09-10-2014 06:07 PM

I doubt the dealer will even take the car back. They are full of BS and will tell you that you are stuck with the car as it is.

Annahra 09-10-2014 06:18 PM

Definitely throw the keys at them if you can and walk away... Sounds very sketchy. Also why all the protection on a leased vehicle?