Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Anyone seen FR-S at CDN dealership? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4596)

Sport-Tech 03-30-2012 11:42 PM

Anyone seen FR-S at CDN dealership?

Manager at the local Scion dealer told me there is one making the rounds but still not sure when he will have it- anyone had a chance to see or sit in it yet?

7thgear 03-31-2012 09:39 AM

every day i drive by mine and havent seen anything yet :(

jimmillion 03-31-2012 09:47 AM

I've been talking to Cambridge Scion and so far there's been no word of when one will appear. but he's working on it.

Heres their facebook page where they post any and all info:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...077051&sk=wall

Sport-Tech 03-31-2012 12:39 PM

Just got word today from the manager who called to tell me the price - I had to tell HIM that it had already been up on their web site for 2 days! :bonk::bellyroll:

He said there is a big meeting on April 15th at HQ on this car. And his dealership at least will not be adding a market premium to the price.

PACMAN 04-01-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scion FR-S (Post 170866)
Just got word today from the manager who called to tell me the price - I had to tell HIM that it had already been up on their web site for 2 days! :bonk::bellyroll:

He said there is a big meeting on April 15th at HQ on this car. And his dealership at least will not be adding a market premium to the price.

Which dealer is that?

Saibot 04-01-2012 02:22 PM

Y U GUYS NO JOIN THE TORONTO GROUP BUY :threadjacked:

PACMAN 04-01-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saibot (Post 171631)
Y U GUYS NO JOIN THE TORONTO GROUP BUY :threadjacked:

I am on the fence about buying a fist year car, even though it is a Toyota. I don't want to commit at this point in time. If anything changes, I'll definitely sign up!

Sasquachulator 04-01-2012 05:41 PM

I saw it at the Calgary Auto show (and the BRZ) but they were locked....

The (Silver) BRZ was on the show floor next to the STI but.....couldnt sit inside it...wasnt roped off or anything.....

The (red) FRS was on the show pedestal thing so couldnt really get close to it.

Not sure which dealership got the opportunity to clean them up for the show.

jimmillion 04-29-2012 10:02 PM

Hey Guys,

Here's a chance for everyone that missed the KC appearance to get a good look at the FRS.

Cambridge Scion will be have an FRS at their dealership on

Tuesday MAY 8th from 9:00am to 12:00PM :thumbsup:

no word on colour or trim - but I'm betting it's the Red 6MT that's been making the rounds so far.

KingGeo 05-01-2012 10:28 AM

Hey all, long long long time lurker.

i want to chime in on this for anyone else in my area (Ottawa) who might care.

i was at Tony Graham Scion last night to ask if/when they might have this touring demo car and they told me they are going to have it on Weds may 9th for about 2 hours starting around 7.
they also told me they are getting 8 cars in the first batch and all of them have been reserved with $500 refundable based on seeing/testing the car.
i am thinking that one or two people will drop out but likely more based on not being able to secure financing, sales person told me some of the people on the list are like 18-19 and didnt even have credit cards to place the deposit...

anyway, thanks everyone for all the great info in this forum! :w00t:

Duff_man 05-01-2012 10:38 AM

I live in Quebec city, went to my dealer yesterday, we cheked on his computer and apparently my FR-S is either on sea, or in port. He couldn't confirm the delivery date tho. But in Montreal, next week, I know one dealer has a test drive! So we should get one in 2-3 weeks! :happyanim:

hfcman 05-01-2012 03:14 PM

My dealer (Calgary) told me that a test car will arrive tomorrow, for a few hours, hopefully not in the morning.

quik1987 05-01-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scion FR-S (Post 170556)
Manager at the local Scion dealer told me there is one making the rounds but still not sure when he will have it- anyone had a chance to see or sit in it yet?

It was the same one at kennedy commons, it was at yonge/bloor a week before that.

FR 05-01-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff_man (Post 196845)
I live in Quebec city, went to my dealer yesterday, we cheked on his computer and apparently my FR-S is either on sea, or in port. He couldn't confirm the delivery date tho. But in Montreal, next week, I know one dealer has a test drive! So we should get one in 2-3 weeks! :happyanim:

I went to Scion Gabriel to see the delivery status, his car on the system is 'On the Train to Montreal' It's an Argento with Manual tranny should be there around next week. I'm not saying I'm gonna go do Figure 8s with Borat at the Bombardier parking lot, but I am ... :happyanim: