Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Dealership hookup? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116160)

Var 03-02-2017 10:18 PM

Dealership hookup?

Hi all,

I've been scouring Craigslist for a month or two. The FRS and BRZ postings are fairly stagnant but there are a few of them I like. I got my tax refund and was about ready to pull the trigger, and then for some reason started looking at the new models and I started entertaining the idea of buying a new one.

I know there's generally not a lot of money in these cars, but was wondering if anyone had a hookup or know of a dealer (either Subaru or Toyota, but Toyota preferred) who could sell the car for MSRP as the OTD price? Or if that's even possible.

I'm trying to get online quotes from Fremont Toyota, Toyota 101, and Walnut Creek Toyota. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

JoeeStacks 03-02-2017 10:35 PM

Got mine from Dominic at Putnam Subaru, @Veloist.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-02-2017 11:44 PM

If you take something I have in stock (currently black or white automatic 86), I'll sell you one below invoice.

Var 03-03-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna (Post 2864401)
If you take something I have in stock (currently black or white automatic 86), I'll sell you one below invoice.

Can I wait until you have a manual in stock?

Captain 03-03-2017 12:08 AM

have you tried negotiating price in person? IMO the best way to get a fair deal is to talk and build a relationship other than having a hook up.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-03-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Var (Post 2864409)
Can I wait until you have a manual in stock?

That's going to be a while since we don't really get manuals. In fact, I have nothing in transit or even in allocation =\

Var 03-03-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain (Post 2864415)
have you tried negotiating price in person? IMO the best way to get a fair deal is to talk and build a relationship other than having a hook up.

Not this time around, no. I did in person for my Accord and my GTI. Had a bad experience with Sunnyvale VW. Went to Walnut Creek and they hooked it up.

I thought I might try the forums since I don't really need a test drive and such. Any one of us could school the average salesperson about the car anyway. But might as well make my way into the forum community through a purchase??

I'm off to Tahoe for the weekend. I'll check back with these dealers on Tuesday. Worst case I save 10 grand and get a used one.

finch1750 03-03-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Var (Post 2864418)
Not this time around, no. I did in person for my Accord and my GTI. Had a bad experience with Sunnyvale VW. Went to Walnut Creek and they hooked it up.

I thought I might try the forums since I don't really need a test drive and such. Any one of us could school the average salesperson about the car anyway. But might as well make my way into the forum community through a purchase??

I'm off to Tahoe for the weekend. I'll check back with these dealers on Tuesday. Worst case I save 10 grand and get a used one.

Stop at Gold Rush Subaru in Aubrun on your way back. One of the best dealers in Norcal. Very friendly, and willing to work with you since they are a small dealer

Captain 03-03-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Var (Post 2864418)

Rather get a used one in that case. Picked up my 15' frs with 5k miles for a reasonable low price from a guy off cl. Wouldnt hurt to save up and look out for used frs/brz out there.

Xxyion 03-03-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Var (Post 2864355)
Hi all,

I've been scouring Craigslist for a month or two. The FRS and BRZ postings are fairly stagnant but there are a few of them I like. I got my tax refund and was about ready to pull the trigger, and then for some reason started looking at the new models and I started entertaining the idea of buying a new one.

I know there's generally not a lot of money in these cars, but was wondering if anyone had a hookup or know of a dealer (either Subaru or Toyota, but Toyota preferred) who could sell the car for MSRP as the OTD price? Or if that's even possible.

I'm trying to get online quotes from Fremont Toyota, Toyota 101, and Walnut Creek Toyota. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Go to Livermore Subaru. Ask for Ben. He is a super nice guy willing to work with you on trying to get the best deal possible. Just remember they are still all trying to make a sale so once you understand that he has a few choice phrases he like to throw around, he is still willing to help find the best price. I was actually talking to him for a year before buying mine directly from him. To me that shows dedication to the customer and not just blowing you off because you arent buying immediately.

Kabong 03-03-2017 01:56 PM

+1 for Livermore Subaru. I worked with Will and he let me test drive the 2017 auto (just rolled up and asked). They didn't have the color I wanted (white) but I found one in Sac and they worked with Sac to do a dealer-trade and got my car.

But definitely check other dealers. While I was shopping, i got an email from Serramonte regarding a BRZ they were doing for less than I got quoted from Livermore. Went in with that quote and they worked with me to get my car for almost the same price.

Fremont Subaru is a brand new dealership (opened officially in 2017). They may or may not want to deal since they probably want to build business but that's a toss-up. I've only dealt with their parts department, so I can't say how they are with sales. :\

Patience + luck = :win:

GL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xxyion (Post 2864632)
Go to Livermore Subaru. Ask for Ben. He is a super nice guy willing to work with you on trying to get the best deal possible. Just remember they are still all trying to make a sale so once you understand that he has a few choice phrases he like to throw around, he is still willing to help find the best price. I was actually talking to him for a year before buying mine directly from him. To me that shows dedication to the customer and not just blowing you off because you arent buying immediately.

hpde_addict 03-03-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finch1750 (Post 2864439)
Stop at Gold Rush Subaru in Aubrun on your way back. One of the best dealers in Norcal. Very friendly, and willing to work with you since they are a small dealer

By "willing to work with you", are you talking about the sale price? I've had very good experiences purchasing from high volume dealers. Heuberger Motors Subaru (Colorado) and Norm Reeves Honda (Irvine).

finch1750 03-03-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpde_addict (Post 2864802)
By "willing to work with you", are you talking about the sale price? I've had very good experiences purchasing from high volume dealers. Heuberger Motors Subaru (Colorado) and Norm Reeves Honda (Irvine).

Yeah, got a good deal on my STi many years ago and a local guy got his BRZ and new STi there for great deals. And both his cars were ordered

Var 03-08-2017 11:49 PM

I got an email from Toyota 101. They have a 2013 for 17.5k

Which TSBs are critical that I should ask about?