Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Single exhaust exit on left or right? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12984)

Kuzuri 07-27-2012 07:55 PM

Single exhaust exit on left or right?

I know some of you here are thinking about going the single exit route like I am. But the only one I know of so far is the Greddy RS, and it exits on the left.

Now, I liked my tCs exhaust because it exited on the right side. for some reason I just feel it looks better exiting on the right rather than the left. Does anyone else share this opinion? or a reason to like the left over the right?

Is there a reason Greddy chose to exit on the left? or it makes no difference and they just picked a side?....

I dont know if thats a stupid question or not. but I just thought maybe going to the left was done purposely to allow for better low if the right side has something in the way... idk...

huma 07-27-2012 08:04 PM

Perhaps you can flip it upside down and have it exit the right side?? :D

Captain Snooze 07-27-2012 08:06 PM

I am definitely going single exit for the weight saving. I am planning to have it exit on the right side as this is the most direct route from the down pipe.

blu_ 07-27-2012 08:09 PM

The stock exhaust runs around the rear dif on the left side. Also the exhaust routing is on the left side of the driveshaft, so its actually a more direct route from the left side. A single exit on the right side would have to double way back over from the behind left of the rear diff.

http://www.tune86.com/sites/default/...1_680x1024.jpg

Kuzuri 07-27-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu_ (Post 343245)
The stock exhaust runs around the rear dif on the left side. Also the exhaust routing is on the left side of the driveshaft, so its actually a more direct route from the left side.

I figured that was why.... I suppose all the single exits that come out will be to the left :(

blu_ 07-27-2012 08:12 PM

Yeah, especially since the main reason to go that route is to save weight.

OrbitalEllipses 07-27-2012 08:21 PM

Blu_'s got it exactly right.

Captain Snooze 07-27-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blu_ (Post 343245)
The stock exhaust runs around the rear dif on the left side. Also the exhaust routing is on the left side of the driveshaft, so its actually a more direct route from the left side. A single exit on the right side would have to double way back over from the behind left of the rear diff.

Ooops,my mistake. Right side it is.

adprokid 07-27-2012 10:12 PM

a left sided single exit diffuser would be nice too, i am not liking the the 2 or 4 tips on this car.

Chewie4299 07-28-2012 12:15 AM

I would go with a single exhaust if not for the bumper then having a gaping hole where the second one should be.

Rurounimidnight 07-28-2012 01:57 AM

Single exhaust exiting on the left, someone should make it and also rear bumper abs block off for the right side how they have for gen coupes.

jm1681 07-28-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 343213)
I know some of you here are thinking about going the single exit route like I am...

I've been thinking about single exit since I ordered my car 7 weeks ago ( >.< )(BTW, hi everyone :) ).

Really, what I think it comes down to is what your ultimate goal for the car is. There's no real right or wrong as to which side, it's just a matter of what looks good to you, and how the piping is laid out.

Personally, I'm getting the Nameless or Perrin race pipe and maybe a tip to make it look a little cleaner.

86design 07-28-2012 01:50 PM

just have it at the left side! (driver side) that's how the Greddy exhaust is

Mr. Mcoupe 07-28-2012 02:02 PM

thought two holes better than one