Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Track Only? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3605)

kanundrum 02-06-2012 09:56 AM

Track Only?

Is anyone buying this car or well putting a deposit on this car with the following in Mind?

-Not A Daily Driver
-Track Only
-Interior will get gutted in about 2 hours from delivery
-Roll Cage installed within 1 week of delivery?
-Turbo Kit within a few weeks

These are just my goals just wondering if anyone else is doing it this properly as the car is meant to be treated!

Kuzuri 02-06-2012 09:59 AM

im planning on buying it as a nice day + track day car, hopefully. I want to keep my tC as my dd but i might have to trade it off for the fr-s... well see though.

kanundrum 02-06-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancy (Post 128018)
im planning on buying it as a nice day + track day car, hopefully. I want to keep my tC as my dd but i might have to trade it off for the fr-s... well see though.

Fellow tC owner as well. Had it for 5 years and sold it for a better Daily. Now I need my track only car.

7thgear 02-06-2012 10:05 AM

if i was gonna do something that was track only, i'd save a ton of money and go this route

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=17639

faster too :/

kanundrum 02-06-2012 10:06 AM

Ill only have access to a trailer occasionally or in emergencies so I will be keeping it road legal as much as possible.

Ryephile 02-06-2012 10:06 AM

Planning on being competitive, or just looking for an HPDE car?

$25k can be better spent in terms of cars with quicker pace and/or well-worn upgrade path. [i.e. Elise, C5 Z06, Spec Miata]

Kuzuri 02-06-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanundrum (Post 128022)
Fellow tC owner as well. Had it for 5 years and sold it for a better Daily. Now I need my track only car.

yeah ive had mine for just about 3 years. but i remember, when i couldnt even drive when the tC first came out, watching the commercials online and building "my scion tc" on the website and saying i would have one when I got older. haha, love that car. its not fast, it rattles, ive been in a wreck with it (not my fault), i just cant see myself parting with it.

kanundrum 02-06-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryephile (Post 128026)
Planning on being competitive, or just looking for an HPDE car?

$25k can be better spent in terms of cars with quicker pace and/or well-worn upgrade path. [i.e. Elise, C5 Z06, Spec Miata]

Both really. I know better cars can already be bought with the money I would spend on the FRS and upgrades but its a new platform for development which I would love exploring as well as its about tuning and not just laying down a lot of cash for a go fast car. I like the chase as well as the end result.

FRSpdDmn 02-06-2012 10:09 AM

I'm considering. The one I'm buying will be my DD with occasional track use (it's unusual that I drive my street car on the track at this point). However, I"m looking at this car's potential in Grand-Am ST, as well as SCCA and NASA, or possibly for rentals and driver training.

Ryephile 02-06-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanundrum (Post 128028)
I like the chase as well as the end result.

Gotcha. Have you created any alliances with aftermarket tuners that plan on doing development work on the FR-S? That would be helpful for both parties.

What competition are you considering? Since you want to keep it road-legal, something like Showroom Stock may be your best bet for the first year or two until the aftermarket catches up.

kanundrum 02-06-2012 10:13 AM

I know a local shop here called ptuning and they are great when it comes to doing things and doing things right so they will probably be my main outlet. The east coast honestly doesn't have a lot of options compared to the west coast.

Captain Snooze 02-06-2012 04:55 PM

This is what I am doing to my car:
Remove rear seats and belts
Remove carpet
Performance Friction 2 piece rotors at the front (same diameter as standard) + DS2500 pads
Braille battery
Cobra Misano seat (I have a full bucket in my existing car; awesome to drive in but caused rego hassle)
Remove sound system if this is not a delete option here.
Enkei RPF1 wheel for hillclimbs and motorkhanas.

This is not just for track; this will be my daily driver and will be in a similar state to my existing (9 year old) car