Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what have you done with your brz/frs so far (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54697)

missbrz 12-31-2013 11:42 PM

what have you done with your brz/frs so far

Hey guys ,

ive had my BRZ for 2 weeks now im very happy with it , i cant get enough of it

so far i got the grimspeed relocation kit
& all LED Interior lights
my next move is either an intake or exhaust not sure which to go with first ?
anyways what have you guys done so far ?

humfrz 01-01-2014 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbrz (Post 1422664)
Hey guys ,

ive had my BRZ for 2 weeks now im very happy with it , i cant get enough of it

so far i got the grimspeed relocation kit
& all LED Interior lights
my next move is either an intake or exhaust not sure which to go with first ?
anyways what have you guys done so far ?

For the intake, I would suggest a simple drop in, free-er flowing filter (like a K&N).

For the exhaust, if you just want to change up the appearance, Perrin makes some very nice tips. If you just want to make the sound more aggressive, I would suggest you look into a Nameless, axle back muffler with 2.5" piping and 5" mufflers.

That's a conservative approach ..... ;)

humfrz

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 1422776)
For the intake, I would suggest a simple drop in, free-er flowing filter (like a K&N).

For the exhaust, if you just want to change up the appearance, Perrin makes some very nice tips. If you just want to make the sound more aggressive, I would suggest you look into a Nameless, axle back muffler with 2.5" piping and 5" mufflers.

That's a conservative approach ..... ;)

humfrz

so you wouldnt suggest the momentum from greddy ,
also on exhaust i want something more louder , was looking into a evo3 or N1 indivia or ark grip

humfrz 01-01-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbrz (Post 1422827)
so you wouldnt suggest the momentum from greddy ,
also on exhaust i want something more louder , was looking into a evo3 or N1 indivia or ark grip

Well, the Greddy intake looks to be a fine piece of work. However, I feel the stock intake box is just fine, for average driving; the filter just needed to be lightened up a bit. Plus, I really couldn't see spending $350 as opposed to $50.

As far as the exhaust, with the Nameless muffler, you can have a good sounding exhaust note that doesn't drive you nuts out on the highway, for about $650.

OF course, if your looking for some power gains or something really loud, lots of options are open, starting with a header and opening it up all the way back.

I reckon it depends on what your goal is.

Happy New Year ..... http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...ges/cheers.gif

humfrz

Luis_GT 01-01-2014 02:28 AM

K&N Drop in filter
Invidia Q300 Exhaust
Perrin 3" catted front pipe
Yospeed center console plaque
Mtec shifter springs
JDM Knee pads

exhaust is a better bang for buck vs an intake... the OEM intake is quite good and a drop in panel filter can net you from 2 to 5 WHP

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 1422843)
Well, the Greddy intake looks to be a fine piece of work. However, I feel the stock intake box is just fine, for average driving; the filter just needed to be lightened up a bit. Plus, I really couldn't see spending $350 as opposed to $50.

As far as the exhaust, with the Nameless muffler, you can have a good sounding exhaust note that doesn't drive you nuts out on the highway, for about $650.

OF course, if your looking for some power gains or something really loud, lots of options are open, starting with a header and opening it up all the way back.

I reckon it depends on what your goal is.

Happy New Year ..... http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...ges/cheers.gif

humfrz

Happy new years

so theres no point in speed the 350 on the greddy when the k&n drop in filter will do just fine ?

i do want some power gain i dont mine spending the money for the exhaust ,

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_GT (Post 1422845)
K&N Drop in filter
Invidia Q300 Exhaust
Perrin 3" catted front pipe
Yospeed center console plaque
Mtec shifter springs
JDM Knee pads

exhaust is a better bang for buck vs an intake... the OEM intake is quite good and a drop in panel filter can net you from 2 to 5 WHP

are you happy with your indivia Q300 exhaust?
is it loud ?

Luis_GT 01-01-2014 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbrz (Post 1422853)
are you happy with your indivia Q300 exhaust?
is it loud ?

It's deeper than stock, but as far a db level, it's just a tad louder, I went this route cause I plan to do headers, and headers can make the car excessively loud, and since mine is my DD, I can't have an excessively loud exhaust

I love how it sounds though.

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_GT (Post 1422854)
It's deeper than stock, but as far a db level, it's just a tad louder, I went this route cause I plan to do headers, and headers can make the car excessively loud, and since mine is my DD, I can't have an excessively loud exhaust

I love how it sounds though.

thanks true mine is a DD too , i got to look in to it now , find show videos in youtube

Luis_GT 01-01-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbrz (Post 1422863)
thanks true mine is a DD too , i got to look in to it now , find show videos in youtube

this is a quick vid I made the night I installed my Q300, it also has the 3" front pipe installed, so it gives it a slightly deeper tone as well.

[ame]http://youtu.be/rfbtS_ORjAo[/ame]

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_GT (Post 1422866)
this is a quick vid I made the night I installed my Q300, it also has the 3" front pipe installed, so it gives it a slightly deeper tone as well.

http://youtu.be/rfbtS_ORjAo

its not bad at all , i do like the sound of it how much as it for the front pipe and Q300?
and where did you get it ?

Luis_GT 01-01-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missbrz (Post 1422869)
its not bad at all , i do like the sound of it how much as it for the front pipe and Q300?
and where did you get it ?

The front pipe was 470 but perrin discontinued it, there're quite a few other options available from other mfg ranging from catted, to uncatted. Uncatted Front pipe will make the system louder than a catted or resonated version, and prices fluctuate from 250 to almost 500.

The Q300 was 650, but I bought that locally and during black friday, so it was quite cheap.

missbrz 01-01-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis_GT (Post 1422872)
The front pipe was 470 but perrin discontinued it, there're quite a few other options available from other mfg ranging from catted, to uncatted. Uncatted Front pipe will make the system louder than a catted or resonated version, and prices fluctuate from 250 to almost 500.

The Q300 was 650, but I bought that locally and during black friday, so it was quite cheap.

well what kind of front pipe would you recommend since perrin discountinued ?
sorry for all the question i dont want to mess this up

SoCal909 01-01-2014 03:05 AM

I've got the FT86 V1 non-resonated (from @FT-86 SpeedFactory), I like it a lot. but I want it a LITTLE louder I'll probably throw on a catted front pipe eventually.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izp2yBMjUEE"]FT-86 V1 Catback Exhaust Non-Resonated Subaru BRZ / Scion FRS - YouTube[/ame]