Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Will the EIBACH SPORTLINE lowering spring be ok with my stock sachs? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135978)

Kcc-Breeze 07-23-2019 04:39 PM

Will the EIBACH SPORTLINE lowering spring be ok with my stock sachs?

Hello recently purchased a 2019 rs brz, love the car a lot, but want to do something with the ugly gap between the fender and wheels.
Thinking about the lowering spring since I don’t track nor do a lot of auto x either. So imma try to stay away from coilover plus winter here in Canada is salt heavy.

I want those sexy one finger gap between the wheel and fender so I figure 1.4” drop from the sportline would be a perfect choice, but idk how well they will pair with the stock sachs dampeners. Anyone have any experience with this set up? How do the shocks hold up in a long run?

P.s I don’t mind harsh or stiffer ride either.

Thanks !!!

Leonardo 07-23-2019 04:54 PM

If you are planning on keeping the OEM shocks; I would not recommend any springs that lower your car more than 1".

Shizuka 07-23-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3240327)
If you are planning on keeping the OEM shocks; I would not recommend any springs that lower your car more than 1".

I agree, I have a 2018 Performance pack and it was already fairly stiff to begin with. I would say only a small drop would suit those struts; anything dramatic will start to get crashy.

If you really want one finger wheel gap, you'll have to be lowered a lot-- probably more than you'd think. I'm on HKS Hipermax coils now with 1 finger gap, and my car is scrape-on-driveway low. Any spring that drops you that much on the OEM Sachs is going to compromise ride quality significantly. As it is, my coils are supposed to be "daily driver friendly" and they're still very stiff at my height.

Pic for reference: https://ibb.co/Ns1N0R4

Kcc-Breeze 07-23-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizuka (Post 3240346)
I agree, I have a 2018 Performance pack and it was already fairly stiff to begin with. I would say only a small drop would suit those struts; anything dramatic will start to get crashy.

If you really want one finger wheel gap, you'll have to be lowered a lot-- probably more than you'd think. I'm on HKS Hipermax coils now with 1 finger gap, and my car is scrape-on-driveway low. Any spring that drops you that much on the OEM Sachs is going to compromise ride quality significantly. As it is, my coils are supposed to be "daily driver friendly" and they're still very stiff at my height.

Pic for reference: https://ibb.co/Ns1N0R4

Do you have the gt or sp version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shizuka 07-23-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze (Post 3240357)
Do you have the gt or sp version?

Hipermax IV GT

Kcc-Breeze 07-23-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3240327)

What about the red version spring? I heard they lowered 1” and is same as the eibach pro

Kcc-Breeze 07-23-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizuka (Post 3240358)
Hipermax IV GT

The trd lowering spring which is 1” would be okay tho?

Leonardo 07-23-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze (Post 3240361)
The trd lowering spring which is 1” would be okay tho?

Yes, I had the 1" Eibach Pro-Kit springs (IIRC, they are the same as the USA TRD springs) for 65,000 miles on OEM shocks. 1" drop springs work well paired with the OEM shocks.

BirdTRD 07-23-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze (Post 3240320)
Hello recently purchased a 2019 rs brz, love the car a lot, but want to do something with the ugly gap between the fender and wheels.
Thinking about the lowering spring since I don’t track nor do a lot of auto x either. So imma try to stay away from coilover plus winter here in Canada is salt heavy.

I want those sexy one finger gap between the wheel and fender so I figure 1.4” drop from the sportline would be a perfect choice, but idk how well they will pair with the stock sachs dampeners. Anyone have any experience with this set up? How do the shocks hold up in a long run?

P.s I don’t mind harsh or stiffer ride either.

Thanks !!!

I have RCE yellows with OEM shocks for about 50K miles, no issues. Just added Eibach front and rear sways , stiffened things up quite a bit, thinking about going back to OEM sways for daily driving.

Kcc-Breeze 07-23-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3240372)
Yes, I had the 1" Eibach Pro-Kit springs (IIRC, they are the same as the USA TRD springs) for 65,000 miles on OEM shocks. 1" drop springs work well paired with the OEM shocks.

You know many fingers can you fit between the gap? When u had the eibach pro? Cus someone locally is seling his TRD I might just buy his

Kcc-Breeze 07-24-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdTRD (Post 3240379)
I have RCE yellows with OEM shocks for about 50K miles, no issues. Just added Eibach front and rear sways , stiffened things up quite a bit, thinking about going back to OEM sways for daily driving.

Do you have the measure between the gap with the rce?

BirdTRD 07-24-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcc-Breeze (Post 3240674)
Do you have the measure between the gap with the rce?

It really depends on tire size/wear and how even the ground is you're parked on. The RCE's are about a .75" drop whereas the Eibachs are about a 1" drop. From the ground to the fender is about 25".

jflogerzi 07-25-2019 12:59 AM

As others said 1" drop max. I have had both eibach pros and yellows. I like the rce yellows a bit more but eibach is almost as good with a bit more of a drop.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

x_hawker 07-30-2019 03:01 PM

What if he paired his Eibach Sportlines with a set of Koni Dampers? I haven't seen any posts with that combination for some reason.
Not sure how the performance on that would be either. Any thoughts?