Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   anyone know this car? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132442)

mikerechitsky 01-15-2019 09:52 PM

anyone know this car?

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone know this car? Bought it in chicago, came from missouri, I think. Lots of mods the dealer didn't know about, just trying to do some research on what it's got. Planning on being track car. Thanks!

NARFALICIOUS 01-15-2019 09:58 PM

You already bought it?

sunami88 01-15-2019 11:55 PM

Love the HDR stamp on the 229x229 images. Those are some of the worst pictures I've ever seen, and you've already bought it, so what are you expecting here?

Impureclient 01-16-2019 12:02 AM

I know that car! Picture is a little small but that definitely looks like an FRS.

J1Avs 01-16-2019 12:27 AM

I presume he’s hoping to find the original owner, or someone who knows the original owner to provide some additional insight on what done to the car.

Between the different clubs, meet ups, etc. there’s a chance someone might recognize it!

Brink 01-16-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1Avs (Post 3173504)
I presume he’s hoping to find the original owner, or someone who knows the original owner to provide some additional insight on what done to the car.

Between the different clubs, meet ups, etc. there’s a chance someone might recognize it!

Maybe if there were an identifiable picture posted.

Impureclient 01-16-2019 01:34 AM

If you do a Google image search "corvette stingray" comes up for the first picture and "maserati granturismo" for the second picture. Now I'm not so sure what it is?

jordan7831 01-16-2019 07:14 AM

Is that the new supra???

squall leonhart 01-16-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brink (Post 3173505)
Maybe if there were an identifiable picture posted.

Meh, I think many users on here just like to be snarky and condescending. While larger pictures might certainly help, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the previous owner would be able to identify their car from these pictures. And I don't think it's unreasonable to come to an enthusiast forum on the off chance of finding previous history about a car you bought that has modifications (some folks stick around the forum even after selling). Maybe not a good chance, but instead of much help the OP gets sarcasm. This forum isn't always terribly welcoming to new members. :sigh: /rant

To OP: Welcome to the board. I don't know your specific car, but good luck finding info. You have a better shot than I would have even if I had posted high resolution photos of my car, since it was bone stock and indistinguishable from most others.

DarkPira7e 01-16-2019 07:55 AM

Aaron Robins on YouTube knows a lot of BRZ/86 in the Chicago area, I'd try to contact him. Not sure of his username on here

why? 01-16-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall leonhart (Post 3173535)
Meh, I think many users on here just like to be snarky and condescending. While larger pictures might certainly help, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the previous owner would be able to identify their car from these pictures. And I don't think it's unreasonable to come to an enthusiast forum on the off chance of finding previous history about a car you bought that has modifications (some folks stick around the forum even after selling). Maybe not a good chance, but instead of much help the OP gets sarcasm. This forum isn't always terribly welcoming to new members. :sigh: /rant

To OP: Welcome to the board. I don't know your specific car, but good luck finding info. You have a better shot than I would have even if I had posted high resolution photos of my car, since it was bone stock and indistinguishable from most others.

This is exactly what you'd see on many car forums if you posted tiny pictures and didn't list any mods you have found. More info and larger pictures are needed to really see if anyone can figure out whose car it use to be. This has happened multiple times on this forum where enough info has been given. We cannot read people's minds.

Magyarman 01-16-2019 08:15 AM

Do a VIN search.

squall leonhart 01-16-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why? (Post 3173547)
This is exactly what you'd see on many car forums if you posted tiny pictures and didn't list any mods you have found. More info and larger pictures are needed to really see if anyone can figure out whose car it use to be. This has happened multiple times on this forum where enough info has been given. We cannot read people's minds.

I get it, I just think sometimes (not just this thread) people default to snark rather than offering help. And I realize it's not just this forum. I've been on many forums/message boards over the past 20 years or so. The Roadster forum I'm on tends to be pretty helpful, even to newbies with stupid questions (of course, there are less Roadster...therefore less newbies with stupid questions). Anyway, that might just mean I'm getting old...like the other Roadster owners.

I probably just needed more coffee. :iono:

:needpics:

venturaII 01-16-2019 08:49 AM

It's got louvres and distinctive wheels. I'd recognize it immediately if it were mine. You don't need a 4000K picture to recognize whether or not it's your old car...

And yeah, plenty of douchy sites act the same. It's how they became known as douchy.