Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's on your Christmas list this year? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113277)

ktBonefish 11-26-2016 08:01 PM

What's on your Christmas list this year?

So it's that time of the year. Santa is stocking up his sleigh, checking lists twice, and trying to figure out who deserves a shiny new turbocharger. But he's missing a crucial piece of information, he needs to know what's on your Christmas lists so he can bring all you good Girls and Boys, new, shiny toys.

So what upgrades, accessories, or parts is everyone buying for themselves, hoping to get from others, or generally want for Christmas this year?

For myself i'm hoping Santa brings me the following:

There's just so many shiny things that I want, that I just hope I've been a good enough boy for Santa.

humfrz 11-26-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktBonefish (Post 2804097)
For myself i'm hoping Santa brings me the following:

There's just so many shiny things that I want, that I just hope I've been a good enough boy for Santa.

Ain't nobody been that good ...... :sigh:

humfrz

humfrz 11-26-2016 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, my desires are simple. I just want a cute little "elf" to come and vacuum the pine needles out of my FR-S ........ and anything else I can find for her to do ......:drool:

humfrz

Teseo 11-26-2016 09:39 PM

Im stuck between
Enkei TS9
http://i.imgur.com/HZoWtCg.jpg

And
https://www.ft86speedfactory.com/mfa...A#.WDpG-XTD_qA

ktBonefish 11-26-2016 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2804152)
Ain't nobody been that good ...... :sigh:

humfrz

Isn't that the truth :(. Probably will only get the wheels/tires and shift knob at most to start off the build. But this time of year is great to buy parts since a lot of the stores are doing 5-20% off for black friday and what not.

ktBonefish 11-26-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teseo (Post 2804161)

Those wheels look fantastic! It's so tough trying to pick out a set of wheels that i'm constantly changing my mind.

For the final drive piece which looks like a cool upgrade to do, is it pretty easy to install one of those? Anything else you have to do/get to support it?

Tcoat 11-26-2016 11:33 PM

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is not a single thing I want or need that I don't just go out and get when I want or need it. Makes it tough to buy for me!

ktBonefish 11-27-2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2804244)
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There is not a single thing I want or need that I don't just go out and get when I want or need it. Makes it tough to buy for me!

You don't have anything on that list you really want right now but are holding out due to good discipline? Something like a new set of racing seats or a bigger turbo?

C'mon, share what you really want!

Tcoat 11-27-2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktBonefish (Post 2804268)
You don't have anything on that list you really want right now but are holding out due to good discipline? Something like a new set of racing seats or a bigger turbo?

C'mon, share what you really want!

I wanna ha, I wanna ha, I wanna ha, I wanna ha
I wanna really, really, really wanna zig a zig ah

No really if I wanted seats or a turbo I would already have seats or a turbo. Hell, our little $300 chest freezer died last week and I just spent today installing a new fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher because to get a fridge with a bigger freezer instead of replacing the chest one we had to get stainless. Since everything else is white it wouldn't look right so...

Boomerang 11-27-2016 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2804280)
No really if I wanted seats or a turbo I would already have seats or a turbo. Hell, our little $300 chest freezer died last week and I just spent today installing a new fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher because to get a fridge with a bigger freezer instead of replacing the chest one we had to get stainless. Since everything else is white it wouldn't look right so...

My goodness, the classic signs of OCD...

Maybe therapy should be on your list?

:D

Tcoat 11-27-2016 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomerang (Post 2804285)
My goodness, the classic signs of OCD...

Maybe therapy should be on your list?

:D

Oh god not theory again! Not sure the last doctor has even been released yet.

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com...rip=info&w=600

Ultramaroon 11-27-2016 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2804280)
I just spent today installing a new fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher because to get a fridge with a bigger freezer instead of replacing the chest one we had to get stainless. Since everything else is white it wouldn't look right so...

Oh, Jesus, the brushed stainless trap! Been there done that. :(

Tcoat 11-27-2016 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2804297)
Oh, Jesus, the brushed stainless trap! Been there done that. :(

This has some sort of coating on it. It truly is stainless stainless. I made them prove it worked. It did. I was surprised. Was the only way we could get the fridge we anted. Apparently they don't make things in white anymore.

Leonardo 11-27-2016 01:30 AM

My microwave just died. I'm in the same boat. It was black, but that doesn't match my stainless fridge or stove. And while I am at it, granite counters would be sweet.

Happy wife, happy life.;)