Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Racecomp Superstreet-1? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129366)

v1beeee 08-02-2018 08:58 PM

Racecomp Superstreet-1?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5gwSWFgUJ/

Andrew@RacecompEngineering when should these be available and what information can you divulge on these?

Bach415 08-02-2018 10:25 PM

@Racecomp Engineering *helping with the mention tag since it looked like it wasn't tagged properly and I want more info on this

churchx 08-03-2018 01:24 AM

Hmm, "street" with pillow camberplate instead of rubber topmounts?

TOPEC 08-03-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchx (Post 3117417)
Hmm, "street" with pillow camberplate instead of rubber topmounts?

well people want camber to be adjustable, RCE could've just used rubber top hats and left camber adjustment to camber bolts but ppl would bitch and whine about it slipping. at least these top hats dont add stack height so ppl dont need to go lower than required to compensate for the camber plate.

since these are single adjustable, i assume they're KW V2 shocks with custom valving?

churchx 08-03-2018 03:13 AM

Customers for "street" might be less tolerable for NVH then for "track". If anything, there will be more bitching about NVH / compliancy on these then on RCE tarmac-s. And there might be more customers for these that will still use stock alignment. Also reusing stock topmounts/making camberplates optional can nicely bring package price down vs including camberplates in set.

Racecomp Engineering 08-03-2018 10:02 AM

Hey all!

Yes, we're very excited to release these for BRZ and I'm working on a big write-up for everyone. Hopefully very soon. Lots of pics too.

As for the camber plates, they're pretty darn good camber plates. They're sealed on the bottom with a rubber boot and are a bump travel adding or lowering design. Part of the reason of including them by default is for ease of install, but also because they're just good pieces. (We also have an option for including rear OEM top mounts to make everything super easy to put on your car).

These are a single adjustable (rebound) damper with our own custom valving. Our goal was a usable range of adjustment that works well on the street as well as for light track and auto-x usage at a reasonable price (that part is new to us for coilovers :)). A lot of coilovers in this price range feel like mushy garbage on the soft settings, and then are just way too stiff when turned up. One of the things we like about working with KW is how the rebound adjuster affects the curve. We're mostly affecting from 0.5 to 5 inches per second, so even when turned down it's not going to be a bouncy ride as there's still sufficient damping to keep things under control. When turned up, you're getting a lot more low and mid-speed damping, but not an insane amount of high piston speed damping. Firm, but not too firm for the track...which is something we actually see pretty often.

Anyway, lots more to say. Pics and driving impressions soon. This type of coilover has been a long time coming for us. :)

- Andrew

Racecomp Engineering 08-03-2018 12:00 PM

Also churchx, I haven't given up on that other camber plate project. ;) But that's for another time.

- Andrew

2Wavy 08-03-2018 12:36 PM

So from what I can see on the pictures, are these revalved resprung ST XTAs?

churchx 08-03-2018 12:55 PM

I wanted to ask several questions on these .. but i predict that in oncoming write-up most of those will be answered anyway, so i'd better wait :)

Racecomp Engineering 08-03-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Wavy (Post 3117536)
So from what I can see on the pictures, are these revalved resprung ST XTAs?

Essentially yes. We start with the same body and use different springs + valving. Also less expensive (at least for now), plus you get RCE support. :)

- Andrew

tehShirt 08-03-2018 02:46 PM

Interesting! I'm currently happy with my RCE yellow setup, but I could also be happy with these...

2Wavy 08-03-2018 03:17 PM

How do these compare to the Tarmac Zeros? I know these have rebound damping adjustments and camber plates, but which one is better for what application?

Ro_Ja 08-04-2018 01:34 PM

Are these instead of the Bilstein/GTWORX ones you had planned?

Racecomp Engineering 08-15-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Wavy (Post 3117624)
How do these compare to the Tarmac Zeros? I know these have rebound damping adjustments and camber plates, but which one is better for what application?

The Tarmac Zeros actually are a little more aggressive in terms of low speed compression damping. We will likely be phasing them out in the future in favor of the SS1s (though still of course supporting them).

- Andrew