Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Visconti Tuning - Latest BRZ Flash Info (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13307)

Visconti 07-31-2012 02:11 PM

Visconti Tuning - Group Chat / Latest Flash Info

Hello FT86 Club !
This thread was made to keep everyone up-to-date on the latest tuning direct ECU Flash type advancements.

Since this is my thread and currently only EcuTek supports the ecu flash you’ll mostly read stuff about my tune and EcuTek advancements in here.

Other Vendors are more than welcome to participate in this thread as long as it’s kept on-topic.

I would like to make a FAQ on the this page so if you have anything you’d like in it, please let me kow.
-------------------
Highlights-

EcuTek has full control of the port injection and direct injection switch over points.

Aftermarket Injectors are available !

I personally have worked with both the DeatchWerks & Spray it Racing injectors.

DeatchWerks has a 700cc & 900cc replacement port injector.

SprayItRacing has 350cc, 500cc, 800cc, 1200cc replacement port injectors

Injector Dynamics has 850cc replacement port injectors (maybe more, but not sure )

Nov 12th 2012

I removed all FAQ and other calibration information, everything is now in my new ticket system.

-Group Buy Related Information-

Aug 27th 2012
I can't believe how this group buy turned out.

I was expecting 15-20 people - I've lost count - but If I had to take a guess we have about 60 people in on this.

EcuTek ProECU Kit's are on back order.

The earliest I can expect them is 1 month.

When I get back to CT I will setup a loaner cable and ship it out to anyone without a cable.

Some of your are willing to meet up with other forum members to flash their car - Thank You.

Once all the guys who have cables are flashed then I can start worrying about people that want to meet up and share a cable.

A lot of you already sent me a email with your Dongle Info etc - at the time this was a good idea, but this form that was made is a better one.

If you have a cable and are ready for a tune - you MUST fill this form out.

PLEASE - Do not email, PM, txt message me about your tune or shipping of the cable.

I am currently away tuning and simply do not have the time to respond to all your questions

I will be contacting YOU!

Aug 30th 2012
If you have no outstanding balance for this group buy and have not filled the online form please do so.

Please do not fill out the form more than once (unless your getting a e85, or 100octane tune)
Form Link (Click Me)

September 9, 2012
As stated before this group buy was intended for 30 people MAX.

At this point we are well beyond that number and since I’m a one man show this has put a huge strain on my workflow.

Please try and be patient with me – currently we all are waiting on the cables to arrive from EcuTek. Although unlikely it’s fair to say it could take up to 60 more days for them to arrive. If all goes well I expect everyone to be tuned and happy with-in 30 days.

There have been complaints and concern over who is getting tuned first etc etc. To solve this problem I’m shipping all cables at the same time. I will also have all ProECU Kits contain a license and tune file for your car.

Ive removed the list of members that are apart of the group buy , but will put it back up when it's updated.

xjohnx 07-31-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 349968)
Alrighty everyone this thread will keep everyone up to date on the latest tuning advancements!

Today I'm glad to report I have full control of the port injection and direct injection switch over points.

I'm also happy to announce that I have port injectors available for these cars.

Injectors are from Spray It Racing.

Sizes are from 550cc-1150.

I'll have them in stock by the end of the week ;)

John

At what point would new injectors be needed? I seem to recall Perrin showing that the stock injectors had tons of headroom before they started maxing out.

Visconti 07-31-2012 02:32 PM

Injectors are for the turbo guys.

Currently working on improving has milage by changing direct injection control

John

Tainen 07-31-2012 02:38 PM

any more power out of the stage 1 tune with all the new findings?

Also, any experience/numbers tuning a header setup yet? :D

fenton 07-31-2012 02:42 PM

I know that you will consider that significant engineering went in to the switch over points and although the ability to change them is possible it may not be wise?.... for engine longevity etc etc etc. I can see a change affecting power or MPG's positively but without tearing the engine down after many miles it would be unclear of the long term effects?

Thanks for all your hard work on this platform! I will certainly in for a tune from you in the near future.

rusty959 07-31-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Alrighty everyone this thread will keep everyone up to date on the latest tuning advancements!

Today I'm glad to report I have full control of the port injection and direct injection switch over points.

John

Im sure this info is somewhere and I've just skipped over it, but what size are the stock port injectors?

jedibow 07-31-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

John

We may have to take you up on those injectors John:thumbup:

G

xjohnx 07-31-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty959 (Post 350120)
Im sure this info is somewhere and I've just skipped over it, but what size are the stock port injectors?

Element Tuning is working with a Hydra ECU on one and had this to say:

Quote:

Based on the direct injector pulse width at idle I'm going to estimate the OEM direct injector flow is around 400-450cc. As RPM gets towards redline and both the port and DI injectors are firing the total pulse width would suggest less flow however than the sum of both injection systems. Regardless there seems to be plenty of injector pulse width left to play with between the two systems.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1&postcount=15

Element Tuning 07-31-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 350496)
Element Tuning is working with a Hydra ECU on one and had this to say:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1&postcount=15

Keep in mind though with direct injection you don't have as much time to inject the fuel therefore you can never fully utilize the injector size. You will be maxed at X ms which will be miles away from 100% duty like what you see with port injection.

I'm actually still trying to find out what the oem injectors are truly rated at. I based my estimations on the pulse widths i was seeing.

86drift 07-31-2012 10:01 PM

Do you know if launch control, flat shifting and map switching options are currently available?

Visconti 07-31-2012 10:17 PM

Stock injectors are rates at 200cc.

Currently making huge progress with my STG1 mapping.

I'm going to need a local guy that actually puts some miles on there car to confirm if my new mapping improves MPG.

John

GremlinDX 07-31-2012 10:19 PM

I'm local and drive 300-400 miles a week if I only drive the BRZ. It's like 90% highways miles. Right now my average mpg at 2900 miles shows 29mpg. But my calculation usually shows 25-28mpg.

arghx7 07-31-2012 10:36 PM

Hard to rate the direct injectors' max flow capability from the idle pulsewidth because the fuel pressure is a lot lower at idle.

NYC BRZ 07-31-2012 10:51 PM

Subscribed :)

Visconti 07-31-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GremlinDX (Post 351059)
I'm local and drive 300-400 miles a week if I only drive the BRZ. It's like 90% highways miles. Right now my average mpg at 2900 miles shows 29mpg. But my calculation usually shows 25-28mpg.

Where are you located ?

Visconti 07-31-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arghx7 (Post 351100)
Hard to rate the direct injectors' max flow capability from the idle pulsewidth because the fuel pressure is a lot lower at idle.

Ya, have no idea what those flow.. The direct injection pump will be the weak link on those. But I'm sure someone will make a upgraded one

serialk11r 08-01-2012 12:20 AM

Errr improving mpg? What are you doing, increasing port injection at low engine speed? I am skeptical that you can make any improvements to this.

Visconti 08-01-2012 12:23 AM

Here's a little video from tonight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQgsPzXksA&feature=plcp"]FR-S/BRZ STG1 Flash - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialk11r (Post 351318)
Errr improving mpg? What are you doing, increasing port injection at low engine speed? I am skeptical that you can make any improvements to this.

I'm doing a few different things - but I'm currently in the process of finding a few cars that can test the mappings.

Lee358 08-01-2012 12:31 AM

is that mike from primes car? ^

Visconti 08-01-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee358 (Post 351348)
is that mike from primes car? ^

Yup

Lee358 08-01-2012 12:33 AM

i drove it with the old flash... very nice! felt like it wanted to move so much more then my stock brz

UncleFester 08-01-2012 12:36 AM

Looks like some dynolicious runs. Gotta love the seatbelt chime!

Visconti 08-01-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee358 (Post 351354)
i drove it with the old flash... very nice! felt like it wanted to move so much more then my stock brz

looks like you need a flash ;)

GremlinDX 08-01-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 351183)
Where are you located ?

This is Dan from that little pike meet, I have the Red BRZ. I live in New Britain and commute to Groton 2-3 times a week plus a bunch of random road trips often. I just went to NJMP this past weekend to work the EMRA event.

Visconti 08-01-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GremlinDX (Post 351733)
This is Dan from that little pike meet, I have the Red BRZ. I live in New Britain and commute to Groton 2-3 times a week plus a bunch of random road trips often. I just went to NJMP this past weekend to work the EMRA event.

Call me 203-856-9946

Thanks

Visconti 08-01-2012 07:47 PM

Today after 8 hrs in the FRS I can say I made great progress. Tomorrow it goes on the dyno!

Silverdub 08-01-2012 09:21 PM

Nice cant wait to see this! I m going to have to drive down to norwalk i guess lol itsabout 6 hours away not bad

Visconti 08-01-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverdub (Post 353631)
Nice cant wait to see this! I m going to have to drive down to norwalk i guess lol itsabout 6 hours away not bad

Haha where you from ?

serialk11r 08-01-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 351326)
I'm doing a few different things - but I'm currently in the process of finding a few cars that can test the mappings.

Could you by any chance clarify what you're changing? DI/port injection ratio should only make a small difference if any in the positive direction for efficiency, but if you're messing with something more critical like AFR target/ignition timing then it would be good to hear what you're thinking, for the sake of the owners of possible donor test cars.

Silverdub 08-01-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 353645)
Haha where you from ?

Montreal canada! Has pricing been set yet for a flash?

brichard0625 08-01-2012 09:52 PM

First candidate for the flash :D...heres a thread that i will be updating daily posting results and pictures of the test.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13485

Opposed 08-01-2012 10:35 PM

Visconti, this is exciting news! That car looks and sounded like it pulled pretty good! So this is Vivid header on stock DP and catback correct?

Visconti 08-01-2012 10:51 PM

Yup, Vivid V1 Header on stock stock exhaust..

This car has a full Vivid Racing exhaust on order.

This video has a older revision of my flash.

The new revision is much better.

This has me thinking.. I'm going to buy a VBOX to get some real street data.

ATL BRZ 08-01-2012 11:07 PM

Looking forward to dyno results and pricing!

Visconti 08-02-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATL BRZ (Post 353874)
Looking forward to dyno results and pricing!

The ProECU package that's turn key for the NA cars is 950+ shipping

John

2forme 08-02-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visconti (Post 354421)

John

Is it a one time use package? Or can you update the flash if something is improved down the road? Also, is this detectable by the dealer?

Visconti 08-02-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2forme (Post 354455)
Is it a one time use package? Or can you update the flash if something is improved down the road? Also, is this detectable by the dealer?

Kit comes with free updates from me.

Detectable not at the dealer level but north America.

If your going in for warranty work you'll want to flash back to stock...

Well - thus is true for subie denso ecus not sure about these new ones.

I'll have a look at my buddy's dealer tools and let you know

John

2forme 08-02-2012 08:15 AM

Yea, thanks. I just don't want to give the dealer an excuse to refuse warranty work... I've had a dealer refuse engine work because I had a shortshifter installed. They lost that battle, but it was still too much aggravation.

wootwoot 08-02-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

John

What does the install entail?

UncleFester 08-02-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

John

John, is said tune available for an auto?

By free updates, could you elaborate on this? Say you start out stock and then add other NA power adders, ie cams. Would an upgrade to forced induction at some point up the price?

Thanks