Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629)

azian_advanced 06-13-2012 12:49 PM

What you HATE the most on your FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86?

I am looking to get some feedback from current FR-S/BRZ/GT86/FT86 owners, and maybe from some yet-to-be owners too who have already been in the car.

I'm sure you're all happy with your new car purchases but there's got to be some things you absolutely HATE on it. Perhaps, something that Toyota/Subaru added or removed in this car that was or wasn't in your previous car(s)... could be cosmetic, mechanical, electrical, etc. Anything goes..

So let's hear 'em!

Cheddar 06-13-2012 12:54 PM

I love that when I locked my GTI it would honk the horn to lmk it's locked. the scion just beeps and I can't hear it from inside my house! lol

tdoggy57 06-13-2012 12:56 PM

I know all about the dynamics of the car and the reason why it's not there, but I sure am going to miss my moon roof

HotLeopardMama 06-13-2012 12:56 PM

Well, I miss my light-up vanity mirror and easy-to-reach cup holders. And the fake carbon fiber thing's a little eh, but I don't mind it. I wish the EMF sensors in the passenger seat wasn't so sensitive to my phone & tablet--the passenger seat belt alarm startles me.

I was driving a 2002 Ford Taurus, so there's not much to even compare to me FR-S, lol. My Taurus smelled like burning when I traded it in, haha. >_<

JERZgrl88 06-13-2012 12:56 PM

I don't own one but I didn't like that center console thing with the removable plastic cup holder it looked so tacky...

and no sunroof~

-___-

MVJ1975 06-13-2012 12:58 PM

The giant sunroof is what I miss about my tC. It's the only thing I miss, and I'm happy to live without it.

I dislike the stock wheels. I don't HATE them, but they're going to be replaced.

ubersoph 06-13-2012 12:59 PM

Nothing I really hate about the car.

Minor gripes:
Kinda wish it came with better tires from the factory for autocross's sake
Maybe more covered storage spaces in the interior
I don't really like the Auto headlight feature
Would like a more aggressive exhaust note
Would kinda like T-Tops :)

Hanakuso 06-13-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JERZgrl88 (Post 256164)
I don't own one but I didn't like that center console thing with the removable plastic cup holder it looked so tacky...

and no sunroof~

-___-

Yeah the center console looks out of place.

Liquidsnake 06-13-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubersoph (Post 256171)
Nothing I really hate about the car.

Minor gripes:
Kinda wish it came with better tires from the factory for autocross's sake
Maybe more covered storage spaces in the interior
I don't really like the Auto headlight feature
Would like a more aggressive exhaust note
Would kinda like T-Tops :)

Pretty much that is all I can complain about. :happy0180:

Tbxgz 06-13-2012 01:07 PM

• The clutch catches at the top of the throw so shifting has been... a little shaky to say the least.
  • Radio goes quiet and loud when accelerating with the AC on.
  • seat belt rubs against my neck when not fed through the harness.
  • Passenger side A pillar is intrusive when turning left at intersections.
  • Navigation unit is centered not tilted towards the driver so the viewing angle is slightly awkward.

Definitely dont HATE anything about the car but these are a few minor thinks that irk me.

Fish 06-13-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotLeopardMama (Post 256163)
Well, I miss my light-up vanity mirror and easy-to-reach cup holders. And the fake carbon fiber thing's a little eh, but I don't mind it. I wish the EMF sensors in the passenger seat wasn't so sensitive to my phone & tablet--the passenger seat belt alarm startles me.

I was driving a 2002 Ford Taurus, so there's not much to even compare to me FR-S, lol. My Taurus smelled like burning when I traded it in, haha. >_<

What carbon fiber thing if you dont mind me asking?

TuxedoCartman 06-13-2012 01:09 PM

The overly intrusive safety features, by which I mean the anti-whiplash headrest, and the overly complex passenger seat sensors that can apparently go haywire when exposed to a cel phone. Also pretty annoyed at the lack of memory on the seats (as in when you recline them forward to reach the back, they don't remember the angle of incline you had them set to). Oh, and if the AC is off, the vents blow pretty hot air no matter what your temperature is set to.

Symbiont 06-13-2012 01:10 PM

Honestly, the thing I don't like the most is the torque dip @ 3500. It really requires precise shift points which isn't a problem on the track, per se, but can interrupt the flow of city driving.

I do not like the stock 6.5" speakers in the door. They can't handle drum kicks @ volume at all.

I'd also love another inch of head/leg room, but I'll probably install a special seat to get a bit more room, anyway. That's what I get for being 6'7".

Everything else is awesome.

Tbxgz 06-13-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman (Post 256192)
the overly complex passenger seat sensors that can apparently go haywire when exposed to a cel phone.

Hm.. I keep my work bag and my gym bag on my passenger seat and haven't had this issue. Maybe its an FR-S thing.