Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Current well known car brands that you would never buy (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121900)

Th3rdSun 09-10-2017 05:18 PM

Current well known car brands that you would never buy

I have to say,I don't know how or why Buick is still in business,but who in the hell is buying these pieces of shit?I think if someone gave one to me for free,I would immediately sell it for whatever I could get for it.

Older Buick's use to be fairly good,and of course there was the Grand National which was a beast for it's time,but now Buick makes perhaps the shittiest,souless,stock standard generic shit to come off an assembly line.

As for foreign cars,I would have to say even if I had the money,I'd probably never think about buying a Maserati.I might be wrong,but I feel like what every Maserati you look at,there's better one of another brand in it respective class,and probably cheaper.

driftguy 09-10-2017 05:33 PM

Anything built by Chrysler with the exception of the Viper.

Tcoat 09-10-2017 05:48 PM

The irony of people on a forum dedicated to a limited production niche car wondering why people buy cars that outsell them by hundreds of thousands of units a year is wonderful!

There is nothing wrong with Buicks or Chryslers and just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't.

Spuds 09-10-2017 05:55 PM

Maserati.

Edit. lol didnt actually read the first post until now...

Capt Spaulding 09-10-2017 05:57 PM

Chrysler, Rover, Fiat (still bad vibes from years past) any eastern Bloc mfg, Datsun (I've had 2 Nissan's, both were crushing disappointments -never again, the Korean marques haven't won me over, yet, and hmm, more later.

86geek 09-10-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2976126)
There is nothing wrong with Buicks or Chryslers and just because you don't like them doesn't mean others don't.

I have a coworker who had so many issues with her 2013 Buick Verano but yet :iono: why the hell she bought another one. The dealership gave her so much grief. Started when they changed out her battery. It went downhill after that. Her car spent most of the 3 years she owned it at the dealership. Several of us told her to file Lemon Law when she could but she had so much faith in the dealership. So last year the dealership made a deal for her to buy a new car. LmfaO! All of us at work shook our head. Now she says we'll see how this car will be when I have to replace my battery.:lol::lol::lol:

Th3rdSun 09-10-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2976126)
The irony of people on a forum dedicated to a limited production niche car wondering why people buy cars that outsell them by hundreds of thousands of units a year is wonderful!

I don't think anyone is really wondering that,and I don't really see the irony at all.

Buick's are pretty reliable,I guess,but as i said,pretty generic looking and not very exciting to drive.I wouldn't buy a Chrysler either.

Tcoat 09-10-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86geek (Post 2976134)
I have a coworker who had so many issues with her 2013 Buick Verano but yet :iono: why the hell she bought another one. The dealership gave her so much grief. Started when they changed out her battery. It went downhill after that. Her car spent most of the 3 years she owned it at the dealership. Several of us told her to file Lemon Law when she could but she had so much faith in the dealership. So last year the dealership made a deal for her to buy a new car. LmfaO! All of us at work shook our head. Now she says we'll see how this car will be when I have to replace my battery.:lol::lol::lol:

One story does not define a whole car company. If that was the case then all our cars are total crap as well.

Tcoat 09-10-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3rdSun (Post 2976136)
I don't think anyone is really wondering that,and I don't really see the irony at all.

Buick's are pretty reliable,I guess,but as i said,pretty generic looking and not very exciting to drive.I wouldn't buy a Chrysler either.

The irony lies in the fact that most of the car driving public looks at us and says "who the hell wants to drive THAT thing".

MOST people don't give a crap about how the car look or how fun it is to drive.

You are trying to apply your preferences to everybody and that just isn't the way things work.

Th3rdSun 09-10-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2976140)
The irony lies in the fact that most of the car driving public looks at us and says "who the hell wants to drive THAT thing".

MOST people don't give a crap about how the car look or how fun it is to drive.

You are trying to apply your preferences to everybody and that just isn't the way things work.

Sounds like you are talking out of your ass. You are making the a bigger assumption than I am.Where's your proof that "most of the car driving public looks at us and says "who the hell wants to drive THAT thing" ". In fact,and I'm sure a lot of Twins owners will say this as well,I've had more complements on my car than all of my other cars combined.For example,a woman that looked like she might've been in her late 40's was with her daughter and told me while I was going into the grocery store that one day she wanted to by an FR-S she liked them so much.

BTW,this is just a fun thread,not some study in people's buying preferences. If you don't want to play,you can just move along,you know?

Tcoat 09-10-2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th3rdSun (Post 2976143)
Sounds like you are talking out of your ass. You are making the a bigger assumption than I am.

BTW,this is just a fun thread,not some study in people's buying preferences. If you don't want to play,you can just move along,you know?

No this is a dumbass thread based on personal bias and pure bullshit is what it is.

They make 1500 Caravan minivans a DAY and can 't keep up with demand. None of those people are cross shopping Twins.

Your whole premise for this thread was "How is Buick in business". Have you any bloody idea what you are talking about? Any at all? Buick grew 23% last year and is pushing back on the imports in a major manner. Not only are they still in business they are growing.
http://media.buick.com/media/us/en/b...018-buick.html

I am not making assumptions I follow the whole automotive market not one tiny splinter group of a sub section of a specialty vehicle and I know what is selling. You apparently feel that the only thing that is or should sell is what you like.

I will stay if I wish. If your idea of "playing" means just agreeing with your fantasy bullshit then too fucking bad for you since I won't.

KR-S 09-10-2017 06:30 PM

As of now, Mitsubishi, not because of the lack of quality (not saying that at all), but rather because of the lack of interesting vehicles. Rather sad because they too made some really kick-ass vehicles back in the day.

If you had made this thread back in 2013, Toyota would have probably been one of my answers too.

Also, this should be in the Other Vehicles sub-forum.

Th3rdSun 09-10-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2976147)

Shit! My fault. I didn't even realize that section was there. Mods should probably move it there,please.

PS:I feel the same way about Mitsu's too.

Tcoat 09-10-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding (Post 2976129)
Chrysler, Rover, Fiat (still bad vibes from years past) any eastern Bloc mfg, Datsun (I've had 2 Nissan's, both were crushing disappointments -never again, the Korean marques haven't won me over, yet, and hmm, more later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 2976147)
As of now, Mitsubishi, not because of the lack of quality (not saying that at all), but rather because of the lack of interesting vehicles. Rather sad because they too made some really kick-ass vehicles back in the day.

If you had made this thread back in 2013, Toyota would have probably been one of my answers too.

Good thing there are 218 million other car buyers in the USA and they are not relying strictly on the guys from here to like and buy other brands.