Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Delicious Tuning: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger with Flex Fuel – Official Dyno Data (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96613)

DeliciousTuning 10-22-2015 08:24 PM

Delicious Tuning: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger with Flex Fuel – Official Dyno Data

Delicious Tuning is excited to release a specific Edelbrock tune based off our widely used Flash & Go Tune. It would seem those pesky engineers over at Edelbrock, have chosen to build a kit that is more efficient than we had originally expected, because of this our standard Flash & Go tune that works rather well on many other kits, was leaving a bit on the table with the E-Force Supercharger.

Here is some data from today’s tuning session and our short review of the Edelbrock Kit. First off, the kit itself looks great in the engine bay, fitment and finish are outstanding. Second, the CARB tune that comes with the kit is a great tune right out of the box. We ran three back to back pulls and the variance in power was about 4whp at redline. The design of the kit lends to making a powerful, reliable and consistent package, while still maintaining a linear powerband similar to other twin screw supercharger kits.

Dyno Pull on Flex Fuel with E85

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnWbI7P-8J4[/ame]

Now for the dyno data:

http://www.delicioustuning.com/sites...?itok=qPrOSH9g

Dyno Chart #1
Edelbrock’s CARB Tune vs Delicious Tuning’s Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune
- Baseline Edelbrock E-Force CARB Tune on ACN 91 octane (263hp and 205tq)
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune on CAN 91 octane (265hp and 212tq)
- Torque: We were able to increase the low end torque by about 20 ft/lbs around 2500 RPM and maintain an increase to about 4000 RPM.
- Horsepower: Near the top end around 5500 RPM we were able to open up the power gap by 10hp to about redline where the Edelbrock tune meets back up with our tune.

http://www.delicioustuning.com/sites...?itok=s83Jvhvk

Dyno Chart #2
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on CAN 91 octane (265hp and 212tq)
- Final Delicious Tuning Edelbrock Flash & Go Tune with Flex Fuel on E85 (323hp and 245 tq)
- Torque: Obviously with ethanol you can make some massive improvements in torque across the board. We do have the torque ramp up as the RPM increase to make sure we do not snap any rods, but you will still feel an obvious increase as low as 2500 RPM.
- Horsepower: This is what you are all waiting for; this kit pulls really hard to redline with an extremely wide and linear powerband.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

JS + BRZ 10-22-2015 08:43 PM

Wow.

BigFatFlip 10-22-2015 08:51 PM

Sweet baby jeebus!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

BRZoomTX 10-22-2015 09:20 PM

Yep, this kit is going on the second BRZ. Awesome results! :thumbsup:

Calum 10-22-2015 09:21 PM

Full details on the exhaust setup please?

tirespin782 10-22-2015 10:23 PM

Is the E85 tune on the stock kit's pulley? If it is, how much more is the kit capable of (given an adequate block)?

BigFatFlip 10-23-2015 02:23 AM

What other mods were done to have the flex fuel? I'm guessing at least larger injectors?

solidONE 10-23-2015 03:17 AM

How does it stack up against the innovate kit? And as FatLip was asking, were the stock injector able to support fuel demands of the E85 tune?

phrosty 10-23-2015 03:37 AM

This looks very nice!

DeliciousTuning 10-23-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirespin782 (Post 2428938)
Is the E85 tune on the stock kit's pulley? If it is, how much more is the kit capable of (given an adequate block)?

This kit was on the stock pulley for both 91 and E85 tunes, where it makes about 11psi. According to Edelbrock, the kit is good up to about 20psi and there will be about three more pulley sizes released soon. Assuming a block built with stronger rods, same compression pistons, etc, I can see this kit making well over 400whp at 20psi. Of course, it's hard to tell how it'll handle more airflow until someone actually decides to do it. :)

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning

DeliciousTuning 10-23-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 2429080)
What other mods were done to have the flex fuel? I'm guessing at least larger injectors?

This car was equipped with DW 700cc injectors and a DW65c pump. Unlike the Innovate kit, this kit will require upgraded injectors and pump right off the bat to run E85.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning

JohnnyP 10-23-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 2428892)
Full details on the exhaust setup please?

The car has X-Force Exhaust's full system (Catless Header, Catless Front Pipe and Cat-Back) and an OE Overpipe.

EDIT: here are the part numbers for what I have on my car: ES-T86-02-NC (front pipe & exhaust) & HS-T86 (header)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tirespin782 (Post 2428938)

Yes, the supercharger itself is running the kit supplied pulley. How much more is it capable of at this boost level? Or with a smaller Pulley?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatFlip (Post 2429080)

As per Bill's great advice it's running DW 700 cc Injectors and a DW fuel pump (currently a 65C but I'll be swapping it for the 300 soon) in addition to the Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit (which by the way is an easy plug and play with the Edelbrock Supercharger).

DeliciousTuning 10-23-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidONE (Post 2429103)
How does it stack up against the innovate kit? And as FatLip was asking, were the stock injector able to support fuel demands of the E85 tune?

This kit, on 91 with the standard, makes about 5-10whp more than the Innovate kit does with the smallest available pulley. On E85, it jumps to about a 15-20whp difference. The Edelbrock curve also holds much better up top.

It also heat soaks much less, and will therefor be a much more consistent and reliable kit for track usage.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning

BigFatFlip 10-23-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com (Post 2429442)
This car was equipped with DW 700cc injectors and a DW65c pump. Unlike the Innovate kit, this kit will require upgraded injectors and pump right off the bat to run E85.

Thanks Zach. So, since you guys mentioned that you had to modify your FnG tune specifically for the E-force, will it be its own tune (like your package for the Innovate/Sprintex) or will it just be still the FnG? Any release date set yet or is it still under development since the kit is just starting to ship?