Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements / Questions / Issues (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Test (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130558)

NWFRS 09-29-2018 05:45 PM

Test

Test.

Yoshoobaroo 09-29-2018 05:52 PM

Test.

Tcoat 09-29-2018 07:29 PM

Tess
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...1ODEz._V1_.jpg

Ultramaroon 09-29-2018 09:06 PM

https://memeguy.com/photos/thumbs/en...est-129329.gif

humfrz 09-29-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139050)

@Tcoat 's post was better.

humfrz

Leonardo 09-29-2018 10:45 PM

TEST

https://i.imgflip.com/2j1i1x.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

el-guapin 09-29-2018 10:48 PM

Tito Testatoroni!

humfrz 09-30-2018 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3139067)

I used to have some of that stuff - till my CH3 bonds broke in two places - :cry:

humfrz

Spuds 09-30-2018 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3139057)
@Tcoat 's post was better.

humfrz

Wrong. You failed the test.

Spuds 09-30-2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139050)

I could watch that all day.

humfrz 09-30-2018 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3139096)

That brings to mind a back-in-the-day story.

I was living in San Jose, CA, back in the late 60s and managing an agricultural research station near a little town named Coyote. Now the hills above the station were called Coyote Hills and the ridgeline was called the Coyote Ridge.

Behind the ridge, in them thar hills, was a large rocket testing facility, owned by United Technologies. This consisted of several thousand acres of prime dirt bike riding areas. Now, since I was heavy into dirt bike riding and it was close to my work, guess what - I had access to (actually made access to - :D) them thar hills.

One fine summer day I took me a ride. NO, I hadn't read the notice in the paper about a test that was planned for a Titan rocket engine (one of the most powerful machines known to man - at the time).

About mid day I came blasting out of a gorge and up over a hill in that area, on my dirt bike, when all hell broke lose! I thought an atomic bomb had gone off. The blast effect, the ground shaking, the deafening roar, like to have scared the crap out of me - :eyebulge:

I ditched my bike, and hit the dirt. When it was over, I quickly rode the other way, before they fired that mother up again.

THE END

humfrz

@Sapphireho , you may know where that site was?

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 03:30 AM

Quote:

Takes me back to my navy days. Used to hang out in the catwalk right next to them during launches. Probably wasn't very good for our brains.

Tcoat 09-30-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139102)
Takes me back to my navy days. Used to hang out in the catwalk right next to them during launches.

Yet you are terrified of a static tow bar?

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3139129)
Yet you are terrified of a static tow bar?

I never tripped over an F-14.

Tcoat 09-30-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139177)
I never tripped over an F-14.

Not that you'll admit.

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3139196)
Not that you'll admit.

Watched one cluelessly slip across inches from our canopy once. Thank God for air brakes.

Not kidding. Greasy fingerprints on the wing tip etched into my memory.

humfrz 09-30-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139221)
Watched one cluelessly slip across inches from our canopy once. Thank God for air brakes.

Not kidding. Greasy fingerprints on the wing tip etched into my memory.

I can't find a picture for that - ??

humfrz

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3139230)
I can't find a picture for that - ??

They acquire them.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-USpqFSODo...52819%2529.jpg

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139221)
Thank God for air brakes.

'scuse me. Speed brakes.

Spuds 09-30-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139252)
'scuse me. Speed brakes.

Spoilers

Ultramaroon 09-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3139265)
Spoilers

Application specific

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/796/pics/3_2.jpg

86MLR 09-30-2018 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Big test

humfrz 09-30-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139251)

OK, I see, but WHY would anyone be grabbing ahold of a jet aircraft to start with - :confused0068:

humfrz

Tcoat 10-01-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3139344)
OK, I see, but WHY would anyone be grabbing ahold of a jet aircraft to start with - :confused0068:

humfrz

In my experience it was so that parts didn't fall off.

Tcoat 10-01-2018 11:40 AM

Test

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160204141502

Ultramaroon 10-01-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3139458)
In my experience it was so that parts didn't fall off.

In my case it was to find the parts that might fall off.

ermax 10-01-2018 12:23 PM

MT>AT

Tcoat 10-01-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3139473)
In my case it was to find the parts that might fall off.

I only poured fuel in them so as long as nothing fell off during that I was fine. After that any parts that fell off were not my issue.

The German aircraft were perfect.
The Belgian aircraft were pretty good.
The British aircraft were showing some wear.
The American aircraft were a bit shady.
The French aircraft were downright scary.
The Canadian aircraft (all 4 of them) mostly consisted of left over parts from all the other countries.

Kimsey47 10-01-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Looks like a plane that ate too many Hot Cheetos...

ScoobsMcGee 10-01-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3139492)
I only poured fuel in them so as long as nothing fell off during that I was fine. After that any parts that fell off were not my issue.

The German aircraft were perfect.
The Belgian aircraft were pretty good.
The British aircraft were showing some wear.
The American aircraft were a bit shady.
The French aircraft were downright scary.
The Canadian aircraft (all 4 of them) mostly consisted of left over parts from all the other countries.

10 years later.

The German aircraft will no longer fly because a €400,000 sensor that does nothing but prevent the aircraft from flying when it breaks has gone out.

No one quite remembers the name of the Belgian aircraft, but it was pretty cool looking for its time.

The American aircraft has new black boxes, and 42% of it has been constructed by laborers making at least $16 per hour.

The French aircraft never showed up, but we've heard that they added orange accents to the paint scheme.

The Canadian aircraft (5 of them now) still consist of left over parts from all the other countries.

ermax 10-01-2018 03:04 PM

So.... was the test a success? It turned into military talk and I tried to turn it into a MT vs AT debate. Hahahaha

ScoobsMcGee 10-01-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermax (Post 3139560)
So.... was the test a success? It turned into military talk and I tried to turn it into a MT vs AT debate. Hahahaha

It stopped mattering after someone posted a picture of bull testicles.

86MLR 10-01-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee (Post 3139563)

Sorry, I was attempting to get back on topic.

Tcoat 10-01-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Hey, don't go getting all testi on us.

Tcoat 10-01-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ermax (Post 3139560)

https://i.imgflip.com/2j606q.jpg

humfrz 10-01-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Now THAT brings to mind a back-on-the-farm story.

It was a hot day in August and relatives were visiting the farm, including this obnoxious girl that was a couple years older than I.

It was also the day that we were going to butcher a young bull. So we rounded up the bull and closed it in a barn, that had a dirt floor. My father loaded up a slug into his 12 gauge shotgun and shot the bull right between the eyes.

Then he and my grandpa hoisted the animal up by it's hind legs to a crossbeam with a block and tackle.

All the time the obnoxious girl cousin was asking all kinds of irritating questions. My grandfather ask her to run up to the house and fetch a large glass. She handed the glass to my grandfather and then he slit the throat of the animal to bleed it and then drank a large glass of the fresh, warm blood. My girl cousin threw up and ran for the house. Good, I thought, she is gone for the day - :D

WRONG! Just as my grandfather had positioned the wheelbarrow under the animal, she reappeared. Now the wheelbarrow was to catch the guts, then I was to wheelbarrow them out to the hog lot for the hogs to eat. I figured as soon as he disemboweled the animal, she would run. Nope, she kept messing with the innards asking what different parts were.

In the second wheelbarrow full, were the gonads of the bull, which she picked up and ask me what they were - I told her they were the bulls balls. She dropped them, screamed and ran for the house. That's the last I saw of her for the day.

THE END

humfrz

Impureclient 10-01-2018 09:22 PM

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...eg?format=500w

86MLR 10-01-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3139680)
Now THAT brings to mind a back-on-the-farm story.

It was a hot day in August and relatives were visiting the farm, including this obnoxious girl that was a couple years older than I.

It was also the day that we were going to butcher a young bull. So we rounded up the bull and closed it in a barn, that had a dirt floor. My father loaded up a slug into his 12 gauge shotgun and shot the bull right between the eyes.

Then he and my grandpa hoisted the animal up by it's hind legs to a crossbeam with a block and tackle.

All the time the obnoxious girl cousin was asking all kinds of irritating questions. My grandfather ask her to run up to the house and fetch a large glass. She handed the glass to my grandfather and then he slit the throat of the animal to bleed it and then drank a large glass of the fresh, warm blood. My girl cousin threw up and ran for the house. Good, I thought, she is gone for the day - :D

WRONG! Just as my grandfather had positioned the wheelbarrow under the animal, she reappeared. Now the wheelbarrow was to catch the guts, then I was to wheelbarrow them out to the hog lot for the hogs to eat. I figured as soon as he disemboweled the animal, she would run. Nope, she kept messing with the innards asking what different parts were.

In the second wheelbarrow full, were the gonads of the bull, which she picked up and ask me what they were - I told her they were the bulls balls. She dropped them, screamed and ran for the house. That's the last I saw of her for the day.

THE END

humfrz

I'm a city boy.

For my first induction to farm life they hit a sheep on the head with a mallat, lifted it by its hinds and slashed its throat, blood went everywhere, when it stopped shaking around they slit its guts open, the guts hit the floor, and then the dogs, which were patiently waiting, hit the guts, my uncle was up to his armpits inside the sheep with a knife chopping away and letting it hit the floor.

There was blood and guts everywhere, dogs fighting over the guts and pools of blood.

U just stood there staring, to this day I remember it well, not in the Dexter type of way, but in the "OMG what the F just happened" way.

Welcome to the country city boy.

humfrz 10-02-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86MLR (Post 3139712)
I'm a city boy.

For my first induction to farm life they hit a sheep on the head with a mallat, lifted it by its hinds and slashed its throat, blood went everywhere, when it stopped shaking around they slit its guts open, the guts hit the floor, and then the dogs, which were patiently waiting, hit the guts, my uncle was up to his armpits inside the sheep with a knife chopping away and letting it hit the floor.

There was blood and guts everywhere, dogs fighting over the guts and pools of blood.

U just stood there staring, to this day I remember it well, not in the Dexter type of way, but in the "OMG what the F just happened" way.

Welcome to the country city boy.

Good story!

Now, tell me that you have castrated a sheep using your teeth and we will let you in the club - :clap:

humfrz

86MLR 10-02-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 3139736)
Good story!

Now, tell me that you have castrated a sheep using your teeth and we will let you in the club - :clap:

humfrz

No teeth work, I did use those rubber bands once on a few tails and balls.

As for "that" club, cheers, but, yeah nah, you can keep that one mate.