Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   EcuTek Announce FT86 Retail Tuning Software (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53736)

EcuTek 12-17-2013 01:06 PM

EcuTek Announce FT86 Retail Tuning Software

EcuTek are pleased to announce the release of BRZ/FT-86/FRS Tuning Software for retail customers. For the first time, these products allow retail customers to edit their own ROM files using EcuTek Tools...

ProECU BRZ
This software will allow the enthusiast to calibrate, program and data log their vehicle. It will also include the following RaceROM features:
  • Launch Control
  • Flat Foot Shifting
  • Auto Blip
  • Throttle Mapping
  • Per Gear Rev Limits
This software update, known as ProECU BRZ will be released as a FREE update for owners of EcuTek ProECU Programming Kits - available from and supported by EcuTek's Master Tuners.

*** ProECU BRZ is a FREE Product Upgrade ***

RaceROM BRZ
There will also be a product upgrade option available. Known as RaceROM BRZ, this will give you access to all RaceROM BRZ features. This will be available and supported exclusively by EcuTek Master Tuners. RaceROM BRZ will provide the following additional RaceROM features:
  • Four Way Map Switching
  • Custom Maps offering unique functionality:
    • Traction Control
    • FlexFuel tuning
    • Closed Loop Boost Control
  • Speed Density based Engine Calibration
  • High Horsepower Forced Induction Load Limiter Lift
*** RaceROM BRZ will have a suggested retail price of £249 or $399 USD ***

We are in the process of educating our dealer network and have some webinars to do tomorrow. We're going to be busy getting the product ready for launch, but we'll attempt to answer all your questions.

ProECU BRZ will be available for download on Friday 20th December 2013.

RaceROM BRZ will be available at the same time. Contact your Master Tuner to purchase the upgrade.

If you do not yet have an EcuTek ProECU Programming Kit, you can order this from any EcuTek Master Tuner to get ProECU BRZ.

We hope that the release of the product at this time, gives you the chance to explore the software over the Christmas break. We welcome your feedback.

All the best

The Team at EcuTek

Circuit Motorsports 12-17-2013 01:56 PM

Glad it's here!

Kodename47 12-17-2013 02:00 PM

What happens if you've got an unlocked RaceROM map from a tuner? Will you need the RaceROM software to be able to change anything?

EcuTek 12-17-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodename47 (Post 1395849)
What happens if you've got an unlocked RaceROM map from a tuner? Will you need the RaceROM software to be able to change anything?

If you want to have access to the following RaceROM features, you can do so with the FREE ProECU BRZ:
  • LaunchControl
  • Flat Foot Shifting
  • Auto Blip
  • Throttle Mapping
  • Per Gear Rev Limits

If you want to have access to the following RaceROM features you will need to purchase the RaceROM BRZ upgrade:
  • Four Way Map Switching
  • Custom Maps offering unique functionality:
    Traction Control
    FlexFuel tuning
    Closed Loop Boost Control
  • Speed Density based Engine Calibration
  • High Horsepower Forced Induction Load Limiter Lift

SkAsphalt 12-17-2013 02:09 PM

Well this is pretty dang great

CBR600RR 12-17-2013 02:10 PM

can someone tell me how this is defferent from what I already have?

Kodename47 12-17-2013 02:10 PM

I probably should have added an extra question...

If I'm provided with a map that has only the basic functions, but includes map switching then we have to purchase the top package to edit anything? Sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I know most people will utilise the map switching functionality.

SkAsphalt 12-17-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBR600RR (Post 1395885)
can someone tell me how this is defferent from what I already have?

What you already have, you cannot edit anything - you simply flash whatever your tuner gives you.

With this, you can edit either some of the stuff (for free), or everything (by paying to unlock the full turner package)

EcuTek 12-17-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodename47 (Post 1395887)
I probably should have added an extra question...

If I'm provided with a map that has only the basic functions, but includes map switching then we have to purchase the top package to edit anything? Sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I know most people will utilise the map switching functionality.

You only have to purchase the RaceROM BRZ upgrade if you want to have access to anything other than the factory maps (Mode 1).

Kodename47 12-17-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EcuTek (Post 1395905)
You only have to purchase the RaceROM BRZ upgrade if you want to have access to anything other than the factory maps (Mode 1).

So to re-iterate, I could edit map 1 but maps 2, 3 and 4 are tuner/RaceROM editable only?

jamesm 12-17-2013 02:29 PM

i'm in! when and where can i get it?

just to be clear: with the 'RaceROM BRZ' package and one of your license/dongle/cable things, i can edit all of the known stock maps, in addition to the racerom stuff like speed density?

also, does the 'programming kit' come with the license or is that an additional $300 on top? if so we're talking $1150 out the door for license/programming kit/racerom brz software. that's a bit steep. can the maps be shared between users? do i still have to pay for a tune from a vendor or can i start from scratch?

EcuTek 12-17-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodename47 (Post 1395918)
So to re-iterate, I could edit map 1 but maps 2, 3 and 4 are tuner/RaceROM editable only?

Correct

EcuTek 12-17-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesm (Post 1395933)

just to be clear: with the 'RaceROM BRZ' package and one of your license/dongle/cable things, i can edit all of the known stock maps, in addition to the racerom stuff like speed density?

Correct. You need to contact any one of our Master Tuners to get yourself a ProECU Retail Programming Kit (Cable thingy)

Our master tuners can be found here

EcuTek 12-17-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesm (Post 1395933)

also, does the 'programming kit' come with the license or is that an additional $300 on top? if so we're talking $1150 out the door for license/programming kit/racerom brz software. that's a bit steep. can the maps be shared between users? do i still have to pay for a tune from a vendor or can i start from scratch?

You will need to discuss pricing of the Programming kit and licence with a Master tuner. He may offer you a deal.