Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Wiring Diagram for BRZ OEM 12-16 DRL? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137749)

leevanf 11-13-2019 01:35 PM

Wiring Diagram for BRZ OEM 12-16 DRL?
 
Hi guys, the BRZs in our country dont come with DRLs. I was able to source a pair including foglight bezels to replace my non-drl ones.

Question is, how do I go about installing the DRLs in the same way OEM has it installed? Is ther any instruction diagram and additional wiring i’ll need?

I want it to work and installl how exactly oem is. (Always on upon start, turns off when Headlights are on or if ebrake is enganged)

Is there existing wiring already?
Do I just need to put in the relay? where is the DRL relay if ever anyway? (cant seem to see it in the fusebox!)
Will I get the same functionality?

Ultramaroon 11-13-2019 05:17 PM

first gen wiring diagram/manual is online. see my sig.

leevanf 11-13-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3274975)
first gen wiring diagram/manual is online. see my sig.

Hi Ultra, i noticed the BRZ manual/wiring doesnt have anything on the DRLs. Perhaps since its an optional part around the world.

Given this, would you happen to know if there is an existing relay or what for units without it from factory?

Ultramaroon 11-14-2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leevanf (Post 3275064)
Hi Ultra, i noticed the BRZ manual/wiring doesnt have anything on the DRLs. Perhaps since its an optional part around the world.

Given this, would you happen to know if there is an existing relay or what for units without it from factory?

Hi, leevanf. Based on others' experience, I've learned that the harness is common out to the peripheral devices. The heated mirrors are an example. The cable from the mirror to the connector in the dash and a relay are all that the heated mirrors need to complete the package.

There is a DRL relay shown in the wiring diagram. You'll need at least that and the load resistor but... I remembered as I was driving home tonight that the FRS cuts back the power on the high beam halogen lamps for DRL. Doesn't the BRZ have some special LED thingy for the DRL? Does it need a resistor? Hmmm...

soundman98 11-16-2019 12:57 PM

shouldn't need a resistor on the brz drl's. and they're 13v minimum, so they don't light up unless the car is running. really just need the relay to turn them off when the headlights are on to comply with certain state regulations that have limitations on the number of white light sources turned on at any given time.

leevanf 11-18-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 3275864)
shouldn't need a resistor on the brz drl's. and they're 13v minimum, so they don't light up unless the car is running. really just need the relay to turn them off when the headlights are on to comply with certain state regulations that have limitations on the number of white light sources turned on at any given time.



Would you happen to know if a non factory car DRL has both wiring and relay for this?

If not, what does the relay look like in the fusebox? :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundman98 11-19-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leevanf (Post 3276243)
Would you happen to know if a non factory car DRL has both wiring and relay for this?

If not, what does the relay look like in the fusebox? :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


i don't know the answer to either of those questions.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.