Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   CANADA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Saskatchewan Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12537)

empower-auto 11-15-2012 05:24 PM

Had some Cusco bits show up today. New shift-knobs made for the 86 are amazing .. and once I have some free time I'll install this catch-can

Jlturner 11-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empower-auto (Post 559294)
Had some Cusco bits show up today. New shift-knobs made for the 86 are amazing .. and once I have some free time I'll install this catch-can

Hey Rich, I'll have to stop in and check out your shop and your car ones of these days. I work over at Trican Tire Distributors and we sell you guys tires. I usually talk with Brian or Bjorn over there.

empower-auto 11-16-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlturner (Post 560457)
Hey Rich, I'll have to stop in and check out your shop and your car ones of these days. I work over at Trican Tire Distributors and we sell you guys tires. I usually talk with Brian or Bjorn over there.

Small world :happy0180:

The shop's kind of terrible in the front right now because we're mid renovations but yeah feel free to pop over

Jlturner 11-16-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 559239)
hahah I hear you! I will be doing some fun laps around my block late tonight when everyone is asleep and I can do some fun slow speed drifts.

I just noticed you painted your taillights, they look awesome BTW! What paint did you use? I need to get this done. I can't stand the stock looking taillights.

SkAsphalt 11-16-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlturner (Post 560478)
I just noticed you painted your taillights, they look awesome BTW! What paint did you use? I need to get this done. I can't stand the stock looking taillights.

Thanks man! I used VHT Night Shade paint (red naturally) and then some dupli-colour automotive clear. It is not as good as it would be if you used a gun and mixed your own but it was all done in an afternoon with patience, wet sanding and a good few hours after it was all done before re-installing them. Totally worth it. :thumbsup:

Jlturner 11-16-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 560877)
Thanks man! I used VHT Night Shade paint (red naturally) and then some dupli-colour automotive clear. It is not as good as it would be if you used a gun and mixed your own but it was all done in an afternoon with patience, wet sanding and a good few hours after it was all done before re-installing them. Totally worth it. :thumbsup:

I figured it was VHT Nightshades, I've used the black before and have been considering using the red on mine. Might have a new weekend project :party0030:

Rob_g 11-17-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 554443)
I need to check this thread more often! I feel bad for leaving it haha. A white used BRZ eh...well my FR-S is modded and loved by me, no trading now lol!

Speaking of FR-S tho. Looks like the first FR-S sold in SK is now also the first FR-S on the resale block

If I recall the story, this one was bought back by the dealer because of CEL issues

JP, your exhaust looks great!

Let me clarify this. This car (mine) was not bought back by the dealer because of the CEL issues. Aside from any other issues, sometimes priorities change rather quickly and the FR-S was no longer practical for me. I traded it back (at a loss of course) and got what I had before, a 4Runner TE. In hindsight it was probably a mistake to buy the car in the first place.

Rob

SkAsphalt 11-17-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_g (Post 562344)
Let me clarify this. This car (mine) was not bought back by the dealer because of the CEL issues. Aside from any other issues, sometimes priorities change rather quickly and the FR-S was no longer practical for me. I traded it back (at a loss of course) and got what I had before, a 4Runner TE. In hindsight it was probably a mistake to buy the car in the first place.

Rob

Thanks for the clarification. There was reports of a car in Regina (on the board) dealing with CEL issues and being stuck at the dealer all of the time. Sorry to hear about the FRS

Rob_g 11-17-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 562549)
Thanks for the clarification. There was reports of a car in Regina (on the board) dealing with CEL issues and being stuck at the dealer all of the time. Sorry to hear about the FRS

That was probably me, but mine wasn't at the dealer all the time either. It had the ECU replaced which took a week for the part to arrive. I could have drove it I suppose, but asked for and received a loaner car during that time. One of the tail lights was replaced for condensation issues and the replacement also had condensation issues. I had it booked in for another replacement, but traded it back before then.

Rob

JPxM0Dz 11-18-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empower-auto (Post 559294)

Catch-can install is pretty straight forward and looks great, especially with all my other cusco goodies under the hood :thumbsup:

I just recently swapped out my intake from Airaid to the AFe and I doubt the supplied cap from cusco will fit on the AFe intake tube. It was obviously designed for the stock intake, I'll find out soon enough

Not mine pictured below, just a reference to show intake capped off

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6017/dscn2499w.jpg

I was also concidering the cusco shift knob, but opted for the STi titanium shift knob, it pairs up nicely with my matte silver BPS short shifter and the the rest of the interior quite well. The weight feels amazing also ;)

Love the cusco knob though, looks great!

SkAsphalt 11-19-2012 10:49 AM

I got my retro-quick HID's installed last week. Pretty sweet upgrade! Took a long time to get done tho.

Shift knobs would be a good upgrade.... I should check out the cusco knobs. I like what Flossy offers as well.

JPxM0Dz 11-19-2012 05:27 PM

This is one of my goodies that arrived from japanparts today :thumbsup:

I also got my sharkfin from beatsonic and AFe intake

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/7450/20121119125507i.jpg

R2 11-20-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 558719)
... regular winter tire. I saw someone driving a ultra-marine FRS around Regina yesterday. Made me jealous.

That very well could have been me. :happy0180: I've made the FR-S my daily driver so I'll be enjoying it all winter.

SkAsphalt 11-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2 (Post 566534)
That very well could have been me. :happy0180: I've made the FR-S my daily driver so I'll be enjoying it all winter.

Nice to hear from you! Now I can start putting a person to that blue FRS haha. First time I saw it (and you probably) would have been at Gold's gym at the south but I did not have my car with me that day so I couldn't park them side by side haha.