Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Aim solo 2/solo2 dl (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124392)

redlined600 12-31-2017 02:31 PM

Aim solo 2/solo2 dl

Looks to be out soon with some nice improvements over the original. Anyone thinking of getting one?

I'm wondering what the phone app will look like and if they will include Android at a later date.

http://www.aim-sportline.com/en/prod...o2dl/index.htm

CSG Mike 01-01-2018 05:40 PM

CSG is already taking preorders. ETA Feb.

redlined600 08-25-2018 12:46 PM

Bumping this up. Anyone been using one? feedback? Does the DL play nice with the frs/brz CAN?
Additionally the prices seem pretty controlled, anywhere to get a deal on one?

femaledog 08-25-2018 02:04 PM

My buddy has one in his 09 WRX. He likes it. It seems to work well. I'm eventually going to get one.

Jamestl 08-25-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlined600 (Post 3125617)
Bumping this up. Anyone been using one? feedback? Does the DL play nice with the frs/brz CAN?
Additionally the prices seem pretty controlled, anywhere to get a deal on one?

Get the first gen DL. Works pretty well so unless you really need the functionality of the 2 it’ll do almost everything you want.

Code Monkey 08-27-2018 02:35 PM

Solo 2 DL has been total shit so far for me. First, it did not have the BRZ ECU programmed in, now that it has been added, the DL works half the time. Last weekend at COTA I had the screen turning on and off during one session and then it turned completely off during another session. Stick to the first gen until AiM fixes most of the bugs.

TofuJoe 08-27-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code Monkey (Post 3126333)
Solo 2 DL has been total shit so far for me. First, it did not have the BRZ ECU programmed in, now that it has been added, the DL works half the time. Last weekend at COTA I has the screen turning on and off during one session and then it turned completely off during another session. Stick to the first gen until AiM fixes most of the bugs.

Whoa. That sucks.

Brzerker 08-27-2018 11:06 PM

Does anyone know when the iOS app is coming? Also, any chance for the Android platform too?

CSG Mike 08-28-2018 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brzerker (Post 3126568)
Does anyone know when the iOS app is coming? Also, any chance for the Android platform too?

That's not how AIM units work.

Brzerker 08-28-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3126608)
That's not how AIM units work.

I bought the aim solo 2 with the promise of the ios app for data analysis capabilities.

Their website touted that it's coming soon, i am wondering how much sooner would that be.

M0nk3y 08-28-2018 07:37 AM

RaceCapture's Track MK2 seems like a less expensive item that can offer all the information AiM can do in a smaller, more compact package.

I've been running one for 2 weeks now, it's solid.

Joesurf79 08-28-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code Monkey (Post 3126333)
Solo 2 DL has been total shit so far for me. First, it did not have the BRZ ECU programmed in, now that it has been added, the DL works half the time. Last weekend at COTA I has the screen turning on and off during one session and then it turned completely off during another session. Stick to the first gen until AiM fixes most of the bugs.

Not to mention that the screen is almost useless in bright sunlight half the time. I was hoping for more from my Solo 2 DL.

redlined600 08-28-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nk3y (Post 3126670)
RaceCapture's Track MK2 seems like a less expensive item that can offer all the information AiM can do in a smaller, more compact package.

I've been running one for 2 weeks now, it's solid.

Ironically I sold my racecapture because I couldn't get it to work reliably. I was holding out hope the Solo2 would be plug and play.

My friend stuck his Aim solo on my dash for a couple of sessions and it was flawless, just as one would expect from a large player. That's what got me interested in the Solo2DL, that and the more powerful software.

Joesurf79 08-28-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlined600 (Post 3126809)
Ironically I sold my racecapture because I couldn't get it to work reliably. I was holding out hope the Solo2 would be plug and play.

My friend stuck his Aim solo on my dash for a couple of sessions and it was flawless, just as one would expect from a large player. That's what got me interested in the Solo2DL, that and the more powerful software.

The display is better in the Solo 1 than the Solo 2 in the real world. The brochure and online pictures make the numbers look darker than they are in the actual face of the Solo 2. Without the backlight on, if there is any light on my display - it's illegible. So I leave the backlight on, and hide it as best I can in the corner of the dash where it gets max shade lol!