Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Brake caliper paint (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8824)

WRB-DZA-BRZ 06-15-2012 03:21 PM

Brake caliper paint

I did a search and couldn't find a topic for this yet.

Is anybody planning on painting their brake calipers? Or have already done so?

I wonder how a standard blue color caliper paint would look on a WRB BRZ.

_hollywood 06-15-2012 07:00 PM

NO

|-Goku-| 06-16-2012 01:44 AM

I was thinking about painting mine black when I get my Asphalt FR-S

ihaskrayon 06-16-2012 02:13 AM

I'm considering doing metallic purple to go along with purple lugs. But most likely I wont even bother

Calidrifter 06-16-2012 02:28 AM

Only color that would go with that Blue is Gold.

lordtakuban 06-16-2012 07:44 AM

If painting your calipers, I would use the G2 Paint system. That stuff really lasts. It's like a 2-part epoxy kind of paint. And they have quite a few different colors. They sell it at TireRack and I'm pretty sure you can get it on Amazon.com and ebay and other places too.

Is anyone interested in Decals for the calipers? like "FR-S" or "BRZ" or "GT-86" or something else? I can make them in 12 different colors and also a carbon fiber textured vinyl. Though, I don't recommend the CF vinyl for calipers. I already do caliper decals in "Spyder" or "MR2" and pricing would be the same at $10 for a set of 4 decals. If there is any interest, let me know what you would like them to say and I'll add them to my site:

http://takubanmotorsports.com

stalon320 06-16-2012 09:21 AM

I would do Red for the calipers.. if i get either Silver or Black

smbrm 06-17-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordtakuban (Post 261304)
If painting your calipers, I would use the G2 Paint system. That stuff really lasts. It's like a 2-part epoxy kind of paint. And they have quite a few different colors. They sell it at TireRack and I'm pretty sure you can get it on Amazon.com and ebay and other places too.

Is anyone interested in Decals for the calipers? like "FR-S" or "BRZ" or "GT-86" or something else? I can make them in 12 different colors and also a carbon fiber textured vinyl. Though, I don't recommend the CF vinyl for calipers. I already do caliper decals in "Spyder" or "MR2" and pricing would be the same at $10 for a set of 4 decals. If there is any interest, let me know what you would like them to say and I'll add them to my site:

http://takubanmotorsports.com

Hi-temperature Vinyl?

Just Scion would be interesting?

atledreier 06-18-2012 01:41 AM

Definetly getting my calipers painted. Fiery red on my DGM GT86 will look gorgeous, I think.

OrbitalEllipses 06-18-2012 01:59 AM

If you want to avoid G2, VHT brake caliper paint is just as good even though it's a spray. You'll want to clear and bake it, of course.

lordtakuban 06-18-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrm (Post 263344)
Hi-temperature Vinyl?

Just Scion would be interesting?

Believe it or not, regular vinyl holds up just fine once you paint the calipers. the outer area doesn't really get all that hot. I've had mine in place for 5+ years. I'll start working up a few different designs (the 86 circle might be possible. as well as one with the pistons, but a lot of the detail can be lost on a solid color cut vinyl). I'll post in this thread with pics once I have a couple designs worked out.

Speaking about G2, it definitely is more expensive than any sprays out there. But it really is that good. And the finish really lasts. I would recommend trying to find it on Amazon.com if you can get free shipping and maybe a bit of a discount. You could also try eBay, but buyer beware as always with eBay. TireRack does carry all the colors, but you won't find much of a deal there.

I have heard some people liking the VHT paint, but I haven't seen their calipers in person to comment on its quality vs G2.

callmedavie02 06-22-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calidrifter (Post 261110)
Only color that would go with that Blue is Gold.

^ I agree with him. The only "feasible" color that would go well with a blue WRB BRZ are gold brake calipers.

Nate219BRZ 06-22-2012 11:54 AM

Im going red on a GBS. Has anyone got estimate for powder coating?

7thgear 06-22-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordtakuban (Post 263950)
Believe it or not, regular vinyl holds up just fine once you paint the calipers. the outer area doesn't really get all that hot. I've had mine in place for 5+ years. I'll start working up a .

have you went to the track in any of those 5 years?

i've had air caps melt after a hard session, you're saying a piece of plastic attached to the caliper is not going to be damaged?