Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   New OFT Tune optimized for USDM E85 EL with Enhanced Performance vs OTS/Wayno's! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94424)

BRZ Fanboi 09-06-2015 03:02 PM

New OFT Tune optimized for USDM E85 EL with Enhanced Performance vs OTS/Wayno's!

1 Attachment(s)
I rebased Shiv’s E85 EL tune off of Wayno’s v85 E85 tune and combined the performance improvements of both. It works better on my car using the Pearson Fuels E85 in my area vs Shiv’s or Wayno’s tune.
I present to you the culmination of my work. I see a huge difference compared to the OTS E85 tune or Wayno’s v85 E85 tune. Wayno’s tune is awesome and this tune would not be possible without it.
It has provided an excellent base from which to make tunes like this. Wayno does provide an E85 tune, but it is tuned to Australian E85 which may or not be worse than US E85. Wano's tune has more relaxed timing vs my tune. What I have done is use Shiv’s more aggressive timing except in cases where Wayno’s was more aggressive. After finely tuning the tables the result is not only a tune that has more advanced timing than both, but also a tune that has been proven by both.
This is the best feeling tune I have ever used. I’ll admit I haven’t put the car on a dyno, but the increases in power and drivability are obvious.
This tune is optimized for USDM vehicles on US Pearson Fuels E85. My car is an AT A01D so that is what my tune will be coming in. It is easy to copy the tables to your specific ROM type yourself. Just make sure you start with Shiv’s OTS 2.x Stg 2 EL E85 tune.
If you have any trouble copying over tables look at Wayno’s thread.
Keep in mind this tune is for Automatics. You should already be familiar with Wayno’s tunes before using this tune, unless you just happen to have a A01D, in which case flash away.
This tune also works well on a stock car.

THIS TUNE WORKS GREAT FOR MY VEHICLE. I MAKE NO GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME RESULT.

THIS TUNE IS NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSED BY WAYNO OR SHIV. YOU AGREE TO FLASH THIS TUNE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL NOT HOLD ME, WAYNO, SHIV, OR ANYONE ELSE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS GOOD OR BAD AS A RESULT OF USING THIS TUNE. FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY.

This E85 Tune features:
- P0420 removed.
- Rescaled O2 sensor from 12 down to 10.5 - thanks to ztan.
- Quiet cold start - thanks to steve99.
- Knock prevention for high coolant temps - thanks to steve99.
- Radiator fan activation when car is at operating temperature and under 70kph. This maintains coolant temp and keeps the engine bay vented down the transmission tunnel and past the steering arms at low speeds, preventing heat-soak. - thanks to Wayno
- Custom cranking tables. - thanks to Wayno.
- Fuel display updated for E85. - thanks to Td-d.
- Custom load limits. - thanks to Wayno.
- Custom MAF Scales. - thanks to Wayno.
- Replaced throttle map. - thanks to Wayno's base. Customized by me.
- Soft 7550rpm rev limit.
- Advanced Timings for USDM Pearson Fuels E85.

TABLES CHANGED:
Manifold Pressure Sensor Limits (CEL)
Primary Open Loop Fueling
Primary Open Loop Fueling Additive
Front Oxygen Sensor Scaling
Front Oxygen Sensor Rich Limit
CL Fueling Target Compensation A (Load)
CL Fueling Target Compensation B (Load)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width A (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width B (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width C (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width D (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width E (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width F (ECT)
MAF Sensor Scaling
Engine Load Limit B Maximum (RPM)
Engine Load Limit C Maximum (RPM)
Base Timing B
Timing Compensation (IAT)
Timing Compensation A (ECT)
Timing Compensation B (ECT)
Requested Torque B (Accelerator Pedal)
Target Throttle Plate Position Maximum (Requested Torque)
Rev Limit (Fuel Cut)
Radiator Fan Modes A (ECT)
Radiator Fan Modes B (ECT)
Idle Speed Target A
Idle Speed Target B
Idle Speed Target C
Idle Speed Target D
Idle Speed Target E
Idle Speed Target F
Idle Speed Target G
Fuel Multiplier Display Offset
Misfire Count MAP Threshold B
Total Injection Ratio Port Cold
Total Injection Ratio Port Hot
Total Injection Ratio Port Warm
Ignition Timing Post Start
Catalyst Warm Up Idle
Catalyst Warm Up Non-Idle
Intake Cam Advance Angle Safe AVCS
Intake Cam Advance Angle Normal AVCS
Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Safe AVCS
Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Normal AVCS
MAF Correction After Start (In Gear)
MAF Correction After Start (Neutral)

CHANGELOG:
TABLES CHANGED IN v3:
Timing Compensation A (ECT)
Timing Compensation B (ECT)

3rd Gear pull log here. City Driving log here.

There was an error in the original tune file. If you still have version 1 switch to the current version right away to get the proper version of the tune.

Wayno 09-06-2015 08:34 PM

It's obvious you don't understand what you're doing and haven't logged what you attached.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZ Fanboi (Post 2382085)
I rebased Shiv’s E85 EL tune off of Wayno’s v85 E85 tune and combined the performance improvements of both. It is better optimized for USDM E85 vs Shiv’s or Wayno’s tunes for USDM cars.
I present to you the culmination of my work. I see a huge difference compared to the OTS E85 tune or Wayno’s v85 E85 tune. Wayno’s tune is awesome and this tune would not be possible without it.
It has provided an excellent base to make tunes like this from. Wayno does provide an E85 tune, but it is tuned to Australian E85 which is much worse than US E85, so Wano's tune has to run more relaxed timing vs my tune. What I have done is use Shiv’s more aggressive timing except in cases where Wayno’s was more aggressive. After finely tuning the tables the result is not only a tune that has more advanced timing than both, but also a tune that has been proven by both.
This is the best feeling tune I have ever used. I’ll admit I haven’t put the car on a dyno, but the increases in power and drivability are obvious.
This tune is optimized for USDM vehicles on US E85. My car is an AT A01D so that is what my tune will be coming in. It is easy to copy the tables to your specific ROM type yourself. Just make sure you start with Shiv’s OTS 2.x Stg 2 EL E85 tune.
If you have any trouble copying over tables look at Wayno’s thread.
Keep in mind this tune is for Automatics. You should already be familiar with Wayno’s tunes before using this tune, unless you just happen to have a A01D, in which case flash away.
This tune also works well on a stock car.

This E85 Tune features:
- P0420 removed.
- Rescaled O2 sensor from 12 down to 10.5 - thanks to ztan.
- Quiet cold start - thanks to steve99.
- Knock prevention for high coolant temps - thanks to steve99.
- Radiator fan activation when car is at operating temperature and under 70kph. This maintains coolant temp and keeps the engine bay vented down the transmission tunnel and past the steering arms at low speeds, preventing heat-soak. - thanks to Wayno
- Custom cranking tables. - thanks to Wayno.
- Fuel display updated for E85. - thanks to Td-d.
- Fuel economy tweaks under 3200rpm and 0.8g/rev. - thanks to Wayno.
- Custom load limits. - thanks to Wayno.
- Custom MAF Scales. - thanks to Wayno.
- Replaced throttle map. - thanks to Wayno.
- Soft 7550rpm rev limit.
- Advanced Timings for USDM E85.

TABLES CHANGED:
Manifold Pressure Sensor Limits (CEL)
Primary Open Loop Fueling Additive
Front Oxygen Sensor Scaling
Front Oxygen Sensor Rich Limit
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width A (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width B (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width C (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width D (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width E (ECT)
Cranking Fuel Injector Pulse Width F (ECT)
MAF Sensor Scaling
Engine Load Limit B Maximum (RPM)
Engine Load Limit C Maximum (RPM)
Base Timing B
Requested Torque B (Accelerator Pedal)
Target Throttle Plate Position Maximum (Requested Torque)
Rev Limit (Fuel Cut)
Radiator Fan Modes A (ECT)
Radiator Fan Modes B (ECT)
Idle Speed Target A
Idle Speed Target B
Idle Speed Target C
Idle Speed Target D
Idle Speed Target E
Idle Speed Target F
Idle Speed Target G
Fuel Multiplier Display Offset
Misfire Count MAP Threshold B
Ignition Timing Post Start
Catalyst Warm Up Idle
Catalyst Warm Up Non-Idle
Intake Cam Advance Angle Safe AVCS
Intake Cam Advance Angle Normal AVCS
Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Safe AVCS
Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Normal AVCS
MAF Correction After Start (In Gear)
MAF Correction After Start (Neutral)

BRZ Fanboi 09-06-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2382255)
It's obvious you don't understand what you're doing and haven't logged what you attached.

Wow. I expected more of a response from you. At least it is not the hateful bashing you were doing in the other thread which serves no purpose. Stick to the technical stuff because your real personality does not look good on you. What I posted works great on MY CAR. I am here to share the results with the community. Honestly if you don't have anything constructive to say then why are you here?

Aztec 09-06-2015 09:22 PM

No offense man, it seems you put alot of effort into combining alot of good elements from others into this tune. However, I personally wouldn't ever just copy and paste someone's rom and risk my car with it. It may work perfectly great, or it might make the car run lean and you don't even realize it.

I would only respect a custom tune like this if you data logged the tune and checked your IAM, and saw if the car was running lean (giving you that extra power) and actually hurting your car in the long run. Do us a favor and do a 20min data log and come back to us, otherwise I suggest to everyone that dabbles with tuning themself. Research and modify the tune as needed, but don't just copy and paste blindly.
My .02

BRZ Fanboi 09-06-2015 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztec (Post 2382276)
No offense man, it seems you put alot of effort into combining alot of good elements from others into this tune. However, I personally wouldn't ever just copy and paste someone's rom and risk my car with it. It may work perfectly great, or it might make the car run lean and you don't even realize it.

I would only respect a custom tune like this if you data logged the tune and checked your IAM, and saw if the car was running lean (giving you that extra power) and actually hurting your car in the long run. Do us a favor and do a 20min data log and come back to us, otherwise I suggest to everyone that dabbles with tuning themself. Research and modify the tune as needed, but don't just copy and paste blindly. My .02

I have data logs I just haven't posted any here. I will post some later today. Advance multiplier has been rock solid at 1 and FLKC hasn't shown any knock as far as I can tell for the past 100-120 miles or so. Honestly I don't really care what people use or don't use. I am not here to make friends or gain popularity. I just figured I would share a tune that works great FOR ME.

phrosty 09-06-2015 09:44 PM

You haven't shown any sort of testing or even basic tuning knowledge. That's fine and dandy for your own car, but posting it for others to download is irresponsible at best.

Also, E85 quality is spotty as hell in the states. I'm lucky to have an E83 pump near me, but I go a few blocks down to another brand and it's at E70. You really can't make blanket statements like "USA's E85 is better".

BRZ Fanboi 09-07-2015 12:36 AM

First posted datalog here. Wayno what do you think?

Wayno 09-07-2015 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZ Fanboi (Post 2382396)
First posted datalog here. Wayno what do you think?

unfortunately you haven't logged anything of value that i can see

BRZ Fanboi 09-07-2015 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2382426)
unfortunately you haven't logged anything of value that i can see

Understood. Tomorrow I will log FKLC, Commanded AFR, Fuel Sys Status, Oil Temp, and IAT and do some 3rd gear pulls from 2000rpm to redline as well as some basic highway and city driving. Is there anything else I should be logging?

BRZ Fanboi 09-07-2015 03:52 PM

3rd Gear pull here. City Driving here. I will upload more when I am not busy. Please give me some suggestions.

elBarto 09-07-2015 05:57 PM

US E85 isn't that good of quality. Steve99 said Aussi E85 is guaranteed E85 while US E85 is somewhere between E70 and E85.

BRZ Fanboi 09-07-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elBarto (Post 2382830)
US E85 isn't that good of quality. Steve99 said Aussi E85 is guaranteed E85 while US E85 is somewhere between E70 and E85.

Regardless of whose E85 is better, (which is irrelevant anyway), My car runs better using Shiv's timings with some changes vs Wayno's stock settings on the Pearson Fuels E85 in my area which has always tested at 83-85% for me. Maybe some places in the US only have access to crappy E85 Fuel. This is not the case in San Diego who was the first in the US to have an E85 pump. If you do not have access to good quality E85 then this tune is not for you. This tune is for people who have access to good E85 but want someting above and beyond what is offered by the standard tunes. All I know for sure is Wayno's tunes pull timing vs OTS tunes because it caused Wayno's car to knock. steve99 runs Wayno's tune without reduced timing which is basically what I accomplished here. Bottom line is if you have access to good E85 this might be worth checking out otherwise don't bother and move along. This tune is not for you.

elBarto 09-07-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZ Fanboi (Post 2382855)
Regardless of whose E85 is better, (which is irrelevant anyway), My car runs better using Shiv's timings with some changes vs Wayno's stock settings on the Pearson Fuels E85 in my area which has always tested at 83-85% for me. Maybe some places in the US only have access to crappy E85 Fuel. This is not the case in San Diego who was the first in the US to have an E85 pump. If you do not have access to good quality E85 then this tune is not for you. This tune is for people who have access to good E85 but want someting above and beyond what is offered by the standard tunes. All I know for sure is Wayno's tunes pull timing vs OTS tunes because it caused Wayno's car to knock. steve99 runs Wayno's tune without reduced timing which is basically what I accomplished here. Bottom line is you have access to good E85 this might be worth checking out otherwise don't bother and move along. This tune is not for you.

This tune isn't for me, I don't have E85 close in my area and I'm running a EU/AUS G-series rom. Still I prefer Wayno's work because it's been tested thoroughly.
So I wont be bothered anymore with this.
I make my own roms based of Wayno's work but I don't release them without testing them and making good logs. If they are good I release them with the warning that they only work for my car with my mods and my fuel.
If they work, good for them. If the car blows up, bad luck for them.

I was just only pointing out what phrosty said a few posts back:
Quote:

Originally Posted by phrosty (Post 2382285)
You haven't shown any sort of testing or even basic tuning knowledge. That's fine and dandy for your own car, but posting it for others to download is irresponsible at best.

Also, E85 quality is spotty as hell in the states. I'm lucky to have an E83 pump near me, but I go a few blocks down to another brand and it's at E70. You really can't make blanket statements like "USA's E85 is better".

BRZ Fanboi 09-07-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elBarto (Post 2382871)
This tune isn't for me, I don't have E85 close in my area and I'm running a EU/AUS G-series rom. Still I prefer Wayno's work because it's been tested thoroughly.
So I wont be bothered anymore with this.
I make my own roms based of Wayno's work but I don't release them without testing them and making good logs. If they are good I release them with the warning that they only work for my car with my mods and my fuel.
If they work, good for them. If the car blows up, bad luck for them.

I was just only pointing out what phrosty said a few posts back:

So the only reason you came to this thread at all was to bash. You knew your car was incapable of running E85 due to your geographical location, yet you still entered the thread to talk crap knowing that you were incapable of evaluating said work. WOW. Stating what you would do, (which is restating EXACTLY what I have done!), is pointless as well. I am not here to argue with anyone. We are all here for the enjoyment of our cars. If your motivation isn't in line with that then your a troll.
Also I am not here to tell you what to use. If you prefer Wayno's work then by all means use it. If you would like to help me test and develop this tune then do that but please avoid making these types of posts as they are pointless and accomplish nothing. It's funny you say you can't be bothered anymore with this when it was you who took the extra effort to talk crap.

And straight from the horses mouth:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2175417)
The ethanol in our E85 is mixed with worse fuel than US though, so there's some timing taken out for knock a few people have logged at 6800rpm, even though our E% is higher.

And:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2157873)
Steve runs without reduced timing, but I can't