Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vandalism (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14988)

Aesthetics 08-18-2012 08:52 PM

Vandalism

Found out my brother's FR-S got vandalized today, went to the grocery store yesterday and when he came out a giant dent was in the center of his hood. As if someone punched it....

Took it to the dealership, gonna be sitting there for about 2 weeks, waiting for a new hood to come in and get it primed and what not...

Something's seriously wrong with people these days >.>

Anyways to prevent this in the future for him, and me as i am getting mine next week.

Subie 08-18-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesthetics (Post 388187)
Anyways to prevent this in the future for him, and me as i am getting mine next week.

Is this a question?

There's no way to prevent this sort of thing. You can try to avoid it by parking away from other people, but there's no sure way to prevent it during the day. It helps at night to park in a garage; I rent one for several reasons, among them avoiding vandalism.

Aesthetics 08-18-2012 08:55 PM

Meh was thinking a proximity sensor.

pinoyplaya 08-18-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie (Post 388188)
Is this a question?

There's no way to prevent this sort of thing. You can try to avoid it by parking away from other people, but there's no sure way to prevent it during the day. It helps at night to park in a garage; I rent one for several reasons, among them avoiding vandalism.

Yea but dude, behaviors like that arent acceptable in society.

I can only pray that whoever did that would have a heart attack, die, and burn in HELL!

*phew* just needed to get that frustration out

Subie 08-18-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesthetics (Post 388194)
Meh was thinking a proximity sensor.

This would only cause more problems than it would solve. If you worry about every time someone gets close to your car you're bound to die of a heart attack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyplaya (Post 388196)
Yea but dude, behaviors like that arent acceptable in society.

I can only pray that whoever did that would have a heart attack, die, and burn in HELL!

*phew* just needed to get that frustration out

Of course it's unacceptable, but as long as there are haves and have nots, acts like this will happen.

cto424 08-18-2012 09:12 PM

get that blackvue camera or another in-car camera. if this sort of thing happens again at least you have a chance of catching the person(s) on video

S2kphile 08-18-2012 09:25 PM

Get one of these bitches on an alarm
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enF0m6J7g2w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enF0m6J7g2w[/ame]

pinoyplaya 08-18-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cto424 (Post 388217)
get that blackvue camera or another in-car camera. if this sort of thing happens again at least you have a chance of catching the person(s) on video

Ive always wanted to install one! Any good recommendations?

wallace03 08-18-2012 10:08 PM

im kind of glad i live in a city where people realize they could get shot if they were caught in the act of doing something like this.

Dbjunk 08-18-2012 11:29 PM

What I find ridiculous about these kinds of things is that people are jealous and feel like they're vandalizing/ egging some rich guys expensive car, meanwhile the Camry parked next to it probably cost a bit more.

Smh

avzrulz 08-19-2012 12:41 AM

What is wrong with people these days!

tnt 08-19-2012 12:45 AM

low lifes :mad0259:

QFry 08-19-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crzbiohazard (Post 388609)
TRAIN HORN PRANKS #19 (We Get Chased) MUST SEE! - YouTube

LOL I could imagine a mustang owner with one of these... Loud engine, Loud horn

:sigh: the things some people do for entertainment is sad...

20valvewynn83 08-19-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aesthetics (Post 388187)
Found out my brother's FR-S got vandalized today, went to the grocery store yesterday and when he came out a giant dent was in the center of his hood. As if someone punched it....

Took it to the dealership, gonna be sitting there for about 2 weeks, waiting for a new hood to come in and get it primed and what not...

Something's seriously wrong with people these days >.>

That's the reason i got a 2 way viper alarm installed in my car. If someone hits it ill be outside in 1 min!!!! ready to beat the living shit out of whoever fucked with my ride.

:paddle: