Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   DFW area dyno day in the works (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82551)

Amaya 02-17-2015 01:43 AM

DFW area dyno day in the works

Just a heads up to everyone in the dfw area, there's a dyno day being planned on the Texas Brz, Frs, Gt86 facebook group page. So far what we know is it will be hosted by ATS racing and probably cost around $45 for 3 pulls (just for numbers no tuning). They are still working out the details and what day it will happen (so far mid march to maybe June timeframe), go tell them your interested and when you would be available. Even if you don't dyno you're still welcome to come hang out and watch. I will try to keep this thread updated with current info but the best place to find out new/official info is the facebook page.

Update: April 19th is the current plan

Note: I am not affiliated with any business related to this event.

tennisfreak 02-17-2015 10:53 AM

I responded as interested, thanks for the tip.

New users here is link to the fb page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/304043356387112/

N_A 02-17-2015 04:56 PM

I'm stock so I don't need a dyno. But I would come out to ATS just to hang. I haven't been there since my MR2 days.

Rulin 02-17-2015 09:31 PM

I'm pumped to go to this and give my kraftwerks sc kit a run

demby123 02-21-2015 04:18 AM

Are AE86 guys welcome? I'm not in the facebook group but I want to see if i can break 100hp lol :D

robr 02-21-2015 10:13 AM

The problem with doing different cars is that the straps and everything would need to be adjusted differently, which slows things down. If there's only one it wouldn't be a huge deal, but if you allow one...

If you're cool with being a "we'll see" there shouldn't be a problem.

malubawla 02-21-2015 12:40 PM

count in me

Amaya 03-07-2015 03:51 PM

Looks like it will be all day on April the 19th, which is a Sunday.

MokSpeed 03-09-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demby123 (Post 2141725)
Are AE86 guys welcome? I'm not in the facebook group but I want to see if i can break 100hp lol :D

Bring all the 86s you can round up. They're the main reason the twins exist in the first place lol.

Shneegle 03-20-2015 01:13 PM

Less than a month away. I will be there for sure.

Brzzee 03-21-2015 08:45 AM

Spousal unit and I will be there with just acquired 2015 BRZ limited in WB Pearl!

Will someone post details of the event in this thread?

robr 03-22-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brzzee (Post 2178751)
Will someone post details of the event in this thread?

There hasn't been any official details besides the few bits mentioned in the first post of this thread.

In the next few days all the details should be out.

robr 03-23-2015 11:12 AM

From the Facebook event page that was just created:

It's finally official! Sunday, April 19 will be the ATS Racing FRS/BRZ dyno day.

- $45 for 3 pulls if paid by 4/17
- $50 if you pay at the door - it will be considered standby, so you may or may not get a spot (usual price is $65)
- Includes wideband O2 read from the tailpipe
- Max 20 cars
- Start/End times will depend on whatever trend seen with the prepaid people (they will update with a set time as the event gets closer)
- Anyone is welcome to come and hang out, no dyno or payment required
- As previously discussed, if you as a group want to bring a grill and food, that's cool

Here's what they need from you:
1. If you want to reserve a spot, PayPal $45 to sales@atsracing.net. You could also stop by the shop or pay with a card over the phone/email..but PayPal is much easier for them. They will send you a confirmation email within a day or 2 of payment.
2. When you prepay, PLEASE include a comment with a rough time frame you'd like to go. If you have a strict deadline to meet, please make sure to mention that (i.e. "I *must* be done by 11am.", "I can't even get there until 3pm"). If you don't have a time preference, please state that as well. They will eventually make a rough order just to try to keep things in some kind of order.
3. Please include your email address and/or forum screen name so they can confirm PayPal payment easier.

They'd like to keep this an FRS/BRZ dyno event, but other front engined rear wheel drive vehicles are allowed as well, space permitting. Their plan was to wait to accept other cars to dyno until they get 15 confirmed twins.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1606627036217475/ is the facepalm event link (I hope, I hate facebook)

Additional notes:
- If you want your run files then and there, please bring a USB flash drive. Otherwise, there will be a TV set up for pics of your graphs. Your files will be converted to jpegs and emailed to you within a few days of the event as well. If you need a print out of your runs, that is available if you mention it before you leave, but they will only be black and white.
- This is for dyno pulls ONLY, no tuning!
- No fuel changes between pulls. If you wanted to change fuels, please be sure to work that out with the shop beforehand.

robr 04-08-2015 03:52 AM

Bump. I tried to find a witty picture, but am failing at the moment.