Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Drive Magazine by Subaru (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79288)

Fastbrew 12-16-2014 12:42 AM

Drive Magazine by Subaru

I started getting these when I picked up my BRZ. I wonder why they would send regular Drive to a BRZ owner?

I can almost get a whiff of wet dog and gluten-free groceries when I open the thing. It is certainly geared towards the Outback/Forester crowd.

I would go so far as to say that regular Drive is like kryptonite to a BRZ owner.

Such an amazing difference between the vehicles and owners from Subaru.

I guess if you get a Forester and start modding it you should get both versions.

chaoskaze 12-16-2014 06:03 AM

That is wut makes a Subaru, A Subaru.

Akari 12-16-2014 11:16 AM

I honestly really like Drive, they've had many great articles about the BRZ, new WRX and STI.

I would think as a BRZ owner you'd respect other enthusiast cars and want to know more about them but maybe I'm wrong.

Celadrielas 12-16-2014 11:21 AM

I, too, Loved getting drive when I owned my impreza 2.5i. One month even had an article reviewing 3 different rally schools and covering what skill sets they cover for the cost. Each was in a different area of North America.

Koa 12-16-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastbrew (Post 2057610)
I started getting these when I picked up my BRZ. I wonder why they would send regular Drive to a BRZ owner?

I can almost get a whiff of wet dog and gluten-free groceries when I open the thing. It is certainly geared towards the Outback/Forester crowd.

I would go so far as to say that regular Drive is like kryptonite to a BRZ owner.

Such an amazing difference between the vehicles and owners from Subaru.

I guess if you get a Forester and start modding it you should get both versions.

Poor you, getting a vessel containing some perspectives for different vehicles and viewpoints within your Subaru family delivered to your door :( :( :( :(

make a thread abou-- oh wait

Agent 86 12-16-2014 01:23 PM

We have an Outback and a BRZ. 2 issues of Drive and we're okay with that.

STV3 12-16-2014 01:44 PM

This is a little off the main topic but...

I feel like "Subie people" are the crossfitters of the car world. I'm not saying that all Subaru fans are like this, but there are a lot that are. Even on this forum there are people that swear Subaru is the best thing sliced bread and their reasoning for it is pretty much just "because Subaru".

I am a car guy and I just can't imagine only staying loyal to one brand. I love cars way too much to not like all the different options that are out there. There is nothing wrong with being a Subaru fan, just don't act like some Subaru elitist. Just makes you look like a Suba-Douche..... yeah corny I know.

Ok end rant.

ScoobsMcGee 12-16-2014 02:49 PM

There's also a enthusiast version of Drive mag called Drive Performance. I get both and don't mind at all. That way I can know what David Higgins likes on his oatmeal in the morning from Drive, and read about how Tommi Mäkinen influenced the 2015 WRX suspension from Drive Performance.

redfred 12-16-2014 03:08 PM

When I bought a WRX back in 2002, it came with an SCCA membership. I got the SCCA mag free. Drive only arrived after we bought my wife's Forester, and then we got the LL Bean catalogs too.

Stang70Fastback 12-16-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paros28 (Post 2057789)
This is what I told the Subaru dealer before buying the BRZ: "I am not normally interested in Subarus. I am here because Toyota."

That statement would only make sense if Toyota co-developed a Subaru-branded minivan. I don't know if you've seen Toyota's lineup recently, but they are the most yawn-inducing automotive company since... a while now.

If you're suggesting you're only now looking away from Toyota since Subaru has a car with some Toyota parts, then I has the feels for you, you poor, uninformed soul :P

Fastbrew 12-16-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee (Post 2058225)
There's also a enthusiast version of Drive mag called Drive Performance. I get both and don't mind at all. That way I can know what David Higgins likes on his oatmeal in the morning from Drive, and read about how Tommi Mäkinen influenced the 2015 WRX suspension from Drive Performance.

I like Drive Performance. I am mostly poking fun at the fact that Subaru sent a free copy of regular Drive not Drive Performance after a BRZ purchase. Maybe their marketing department figured "Well - if they just bought an Sti/Imprezza/BRZ we should market the other cars". I wonder if they send out Drive Performance to Forester purchasers?

Turbowned 12-17-2014 02:35 PM

"Drive Performance" mag is much better. Not nearly as earthy crunchy, lol