Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   New England (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Boston (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1183)

MannyO 04-23-2011 09:56 PM

Boston

Just trying to gauge interest in the Boston area.

Sony 07-30-2011 11:02 AM

Somerville here, there will be an FT-86 on my street. :)

Loki2x 08-05-2011 12:55 PM

This is the next car in line to replace my WRX when it eventually happens.

MannyO 09-04-2011 03:08 PM

Without seeing the final production model, I'm going to have to hold off on making a deposit...until I st least see what the BRZ looks like on Sept. 13th. That will give me an idea of what to expect..i hope. I will say that the guy who already made his deposit is a brave soul.

Loki2x 09-11-2011 09:29 AM

^+1. I was in there Friday, but I am waiting to see the final product and take a test drive.

M-17 09-14-2011 04:48 PM

For me it all comes down to the FR-S and BRZ specs then stack them against the Accord and WRX to choose which one I really want most.

M-17 09-14-2011 11:14 PM

@MannyO
Clearly the Toyobaru is gonna have better weight management vs. the accord. I'm just saying as a cautious buyer when all the general facts are finally displayed I will choose which I'll favor most then proceed on from there to see how they perform. I don't plan on tracking either Subaru or Scion right from the start and the Accord (4cyl. coupe) I simply like as a casual car thats all.

MannyO 09-15-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-17 (Post 59944)
I'm just saying as a cautious buyer when all the general facts are finally displayed I will choose which I'll favor most then proceed on from there to see how they perform.

I know what you mean. The lack of info is maddening but on a lighter note, there's only 75 days left until Tokyo :happyanim:

suprachica79 09-15-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyO (Post 60036)
I know what you mean. The lack of info is maddening but on a lighter note, there's only 75 days left until Tokyo :happyanim:

idk if that makes it feel closer are farther away lol

MannyO 09-15-2011 12:01 PM

1,807 Hours sounds like an eternity so we'll just leave it at 75 days haha

suprachica79 09-15-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyO (Post 60060)

Haha, ok, sounds good to me. I just hope this car doesn't disappoint.

M-17 09-15-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyO (Post 60060)

It's a good thing that the NFL didn't cancel there season or I have nothing to take my mind off this car once in a while.

MannyO 09-15-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

"Remember when BMW 2002 and Datsun 510 rewrote history on how small cars should also be fun? And remember how 65 Mustang was smaller but oh so pretty to look at? How the Beetle redefined how easy things should be to maintain and keep running? How shocked we were to see an MR2 appear out of nowhere from Toyota boasting a DOHC engine midship? When CRX redefined how fast a FWD can go? When Lexus LS first came into being and set in stone how a V8 sedan can be economical, ultra silent, and unbelievably fast?

Thinking back on all these events from product design and advancement of how we think of certain cars, how it's invented lifestyles around them...

Well Tada san and his team, CEO Akio Toyoda, and many passionate souls dedicating their time for 5 years. TOYOTA SPORTS CAR IS BACK and from the details of what I got in a 4 hour meeting over dinner, every specifics, every detail... I witnessed the final production version, last night, over 4 hour talk with Mr.Tada.

This car will ROCK YOUR WORLD... FT86... I will bet my soul on it. There I said it!!!!!!!!!!!" ~ Moto Miwa
^^I have a feeling it won't disappoint.

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=95050&page=1

Sony 10-25-2011 11:59 PM

Just let Falmouth Toyota know about my interest in buying an FR-S, they are gonna call me about a pre-order after the Toyko Motorshow when they get more info and I finally decide if I'm gonna get one. :) I'm so excited.

MannyO 10-26-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sony (Post 66410)
Just let Falmouth Toyota know about my interest in buying an FR-S, they are gonna call me about a pre-order after the Toyko Motorshow when they get more info and I finally decide if I'm gonna get one. :) I'm so excited.

Falmouth huh? That's a hike from Somerville. I'm assuming that's where you bought your Tacoma?

Sony 10-28-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyO (Post 66586)
Falmouth huh? That's a hike from Somerville. I'm assuming that's where you bought your Tacoma?

Aye, I used to live on MV with my parents a long while ago back in 2006. I loved the way Falmouth Toyota treated me during the purchase of my Tacoma and the subsequent warranty replacement of my transmission that I will not hesitate to drive down there to purchase my FR-S.

The4kBeast 10-29-2011 12:16 PM

Sup all-
Old school Toyota/Scion fan here counting the hours until more information on final specs are released. I've been in the forum following updates for what seems like a friggin year. Can't wait until next summer when these things are burning gas!

Only issue is, I have to pick which MR2 to sell in order to free up space in the garage... my wife is going to kill me!

MannyO 10-29-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The4kBeast (Post 67944)
Only issue is, I have to pick which MR2 to sell in order to free up space in the garage... my wife is going to kill me!

If only we could all be so lucky as to have so many toys. :burnrubber:

Also I know it's been a few month since you joined but Welcome!

TheMachine 11-01-2011 04:23 PM

The4KBeast, I havent seen that UN in a while, LOL.

For those guys asking about preorders and what not. My dealership is still taking preorders, Wellesley Scion. 781-239-6708 is my direct line. Shoot me a call or stop by the dealership and ask for me, Ted.

The4kBeast 11-06-2011 10:20 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I use this UN on a bunch of forums... Where else did you see it? Lol

TheMachine 11-08-2011 06:11 PM

^^^LOL, your like all up in my youtubes!

The4kBeast 11-18-2011 02:59 AM

You found me on there, eh? Stay tuned for another vid that's in development from a recent Scion event!

mhj555 11-18-2011 09:32 PM

Nice to see a lot of Boston people here. I day dream about getting this car, and then my day dreams are rudely shattered when I imagine driving it down the the decrepit, suspension destroying roads we've got here.

I guess I'm gonna have to keep my Impreza alive, cuz there's no way I'd take this car out to be sand and salt blasted in the winter.

M-17 11-19-2011 03:52 PM

^ You think its bad over there then you haven't driven through worcester. This city is so damn lazy.:mad0259:

MannyO 11-19-2011 05:20 PM

Every city has its share of bad streets. Some more than others. It's no picnic around where I live so I'll be keeping my current DD for winters also.

http://nunesclass.files.wordpress.co...otholes___.jpg

Sony 11-20-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-17 (Post 77543)
^ You think its bad over there then you haven't driven through worcester. This city is so damn lazy.:mad0259:

You think Worcester is bad...I lost a wheel bearing on my TRUCK to the streets of Somerville...freakin thing fell apart on the bearing press when I went to go press it. Blew out the bearing in a massive 8" deep pothole on Temple Street before they repaved it. I knew exactly when I did it too...I could hear the difference in sound, all the sudden there was a huge thump followed just a loud humming. I was pissed...

Up until this year, Somerville hadn't repaved any of their roads in more than 10 years. Many of them are still terrible, especially in the Union Square/Sullivan Square area. My alignment has gone completely to shit. I'll be keeping the truck for winter driving and for work. The FT will be a warm weather car and mostly for use on the highway.

M-17 11-20-2011 10:04 AM

^ Damn, that sucks man and this is why I can't wait for the day to live somewhere better.

Sony 11-20-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-17 (Post 77737)
^ Damn, that sucks man and this is why I can't wait for the day to live somewhere better.

I love Somerville, just hate the roads. Great town, shitty DPW, although now they are actually doing something about it...I've seen more road paving in Somerville in the last year than I think I have ever seen in my 3 years of living here.

mhj555 11-21-2011 01:11 PM

Pretty much any town around here has really sucky roads. Newly paved roads don't seem to last more than 3 or 4 winters around here before they need patching.

What we need near Boston is a racetrack :)

TheMachine 11-30-2011 10:56 AM

Years ago there was talk about converting the old worcester airport to a drag strip... but alas that was turned down by the city...

MannyO 11-30-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhj555 (Post 78102)
Pretty much any town around here has really sucky roads. Newly paved roads don't seem to last more than 3 or 4 winters around here before they need patching.

What we need near Boston is a racetrack :)

:word: I've noticed that once they're freshly paved, within a few months there's always some kind of work done on roads whether its upgrading water/sewer pipes or individual residences switching to city sewer from septic. The patches they put in those spots never make it through a winter with the frost heaving ans plows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMachine (Post 84221)
Years ago there was talk about converting the old Worcester airport to a drag strip... but alas that was turned down by the city...

Well that would've been awesome. Still a little too far west for my liking but it beats trekking up to Epping, NH. It would probably get more activity than it does now as a functioning airport! :bellyroll:

Sony 11-30-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyO (Post 84274)
Well that would've been awesome. Still a little too far west for my liking but it beats trekking up to Epping, NH. It would probably get more activity than it does now as a functioning airport! :bellyroll:

Definitely...I don't even think any planes fly out of there anymore :bellyroll: There is also a pretty decent car culture in the Worcester area, I have a bunch of friends out there.

M-17 11-30-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sony (Post 84346)
I don't even think any planes fly out of there anymore

Na, at first yeah it was all about Worcester to Florida. Then that died out, but it has been pretty busy up there now. Especially after some movie production came in and shot some scenes for Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in the airport.

mhj555 12-01-2011 10:12 AM

Weren't they going to make a racetrack at Fort Devens or someplace out there? Do they still do autocross out there?

MannyO 12-01-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhj555 (Post 86163)
Weren't they going to make a racetrack at Fort Devens or someplace out there? Do they still do autocross out there?

They sure do :thumbsup:

Loki2x 12-01-2011 10:48 PM

I do autocross in RI, but I have heard good things about the Fort Devens autocross. I will need to check it out some time.

Yenadar 12-03-2011 05:35 PM

Just joined the site and checking in. Providence RI here, but since I am in a black hole of anything remotely resembling passion about cars, I typically have to lurk out to MA or CT to find others :)

Some of my affiliations: RX8Club.com, Miata.net, RenegadeMiata.net, NER.org, NEPOC

MannyO 12-03-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yenadar (Post 89711)
Just joined the site and checking in. Providence RI here, but since I am in a black hole of anything remotely resembling passion about cars, I typically have to lurk out to MA or CT to find others :)

Some of my affiliations: RX8Club.com, Miata.net, RenegadeMiata.net, NER.org, NEPOC

Welcome to FT86Club, Yenadar!

Yenadar 12-03-2011 08:19 PM

Probably should mention that I'm considering a BRZ as a replacement for my 99 Miata. Pending test drive of course. It would have to blow me away for me to trade my 05 RX-8 for it (paid off, 92k, going strong, $87 a month insurance is the only cost)

Wont consider a Scion or Toyota option, personal issues with them prevent me from being willing to send them any money, even if that was the better clone.

MannyO 12-03-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yenadar (Post 89828)
$87 a month insurance

:bow: I can only dream of having that low of a monthly payment haha